main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #19-25: Fortress Vader (7/7 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    I will never understand the hate for the saber-copter. It made me laugh.

2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I think it was mentioned on some episode of Rebels Recon, but I'm too lazy to go check it myself.

3. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Sometimes I think folks forget we're supposed to be having fun with all this Star Wars stuff. I'll be honest, I actually thought the imagery was kind of cool - whether it was an intentional homage or not, I don't know (I tend to doubt it), but the shots of saber-copters off in the distance reminded me of the scenes in Close Encounters of the Third Kind where the characters are climbing Devil's Tower while the lights of distant helicopters ominously approach.

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    It wasn't. Trust me, I've checked. The saber copters work because of the technology in the blade hilt. Not because of some unique conditions on Malachor.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  5. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    I love the Saber-Copter
    @The Positive Fan
    I agree people forget that Star Wars is allowed to have some fun elemants like the saber-copter.

6. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I think Vader was originally just going for the red woman for something she did. The Twi’lek becomes an enemy because Vader senses he’s more loyal to the woman than he is to Vader. (hoping we get names for these characters in the next issue lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slater, cwustudent, Ithorians and 2 others like this.
  7. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    yeah it would suck, if they just killed them off with out revealing their names

8. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Sorry to ruin on all of the positivity but the saber-copter is not fun, it's just dumb. It's a dumb joke. No amount of positive thinking can convince me otherwise on this one. I hope we would never have to see them again.

kalzeth and cwustudent like this.
  9. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    I'm not gonna try to convince you otherwise, I'm just gonna be happy I don't share your point of view.

(It also ties thematically to things like the Death Star or Cylo's experiments: replacing the power of the Force with a technological answer.)

Vialco, Outsourced, revan772 and 5 others like this.
  10. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    @unlimitedpower
    We weren't trying to convince you too like it, we were just saying how we enjoyed it.

11. FS26

FS26 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2018
    I could have done without them, but they never bothered me either. Honestly, they only served to create a way for the Inquisitors to be able to quickly enter and leave scenes during the episodes to give us the dialog scenes between Maul and the rebels crew. Also, like Jedi Princess pointed out, they tie in with the larger idea of supplementing/replacing the force with technology.

12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I agree, and your not the only one that likes the copter lightsaber. If anything, I've been wanting to see it again. I don't want this to be dumbed down. It simple, lightsaber spins and they fly. I don't want hippy dippy ret-cons as to why things happened. They did that with the clone wars micro series and those droids that fired while invisible. Re-named the droids chameleon droids and tried to say that they used the environment. No, they invisible and fired invisible that's it. Nice and simple,,,,,,but noooo we have to have a reason why it is what it appeared to be. What about Leia in canon TLJ? She flew, plain and simple. I don't want to hear about thrust or anything like that. And even in the canon Star Wars Resistance (third book) says that jedi can fly. Go to see the return!

13. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    The galaxy is a big and weird place. Flying copter sabers is not the craziest thing. I mean, we had a crying mountain in legends.

14. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    First time I saw them, I laughed pretty hard at the silliness of it all. It happened only 2-3 times in the same episode, it's not like they did it every time they were on-screen. Pretty harmless gimmick overall.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  15. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I want to see Darth Vader saber helicoptering. Like some rebels or a Jedi get in a shuttle and think they are safe and then SWOOSH SWOOSH SWOOSH in comes Vader-Copter through the cockpit.

cwustudent, vong333, revan772 and 4 others like this.
  16. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    And he says something dramatic in the big booming serious voice while he does it. I'd laugh myself hoarse. Please, Lucasfilm.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  17. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agreed. I think it’ll be largely why he leaves to Mustafar. To completely escape a social kind of environment to be on his own. Devoting himself to brooding and the darkness.

18. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The Saber Copter is ridiculous and nonsensical.

But who cares?

:)

19. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I don't. Is there such a thing as Newton's Laws of Physics in Star Wars anyway?

Considering that sound can be heard in space, people can levitate things with their mind and hyperspace is a weird alternate dimension that allows faster then light travel beyond what can realistically happen, we need to realise that anything is possible within this universe and believe me, saber copters are the least weird thing in the SW universe.

Revanfan1 and Fallen Jedi Master like this.
  20. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    I love how this Thread became about Saber-Copters

Darth_Accipiter likes this.
  21. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I don't care one way or the other about saber-copters.
    Never cared for the Inquisitors though.

22. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    That´s exactly my guess, too. Great preview, there is a lot going on very early in this arc... obviously what the female Inquisitor says can´t be taken faithfully: if she did betray Vader in any way, there is no doubt she won´t be announcing it to the four winds, especially to the guy that just saved her life because he didn´t knew about it. Also, at no point she said to had feelings for him in return...

About saber-copters, didn´t mind those! :) It was a resource to explain the Inquisitors surviving more than one duel with Maul and the Jedi, and keep them around as a looming menace in a long segment of the episode. A jetpack in the back of all of the Inquisitors could have been more obtrusive, I reckon...

Jarrus likes this.
  23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I laugh every time. That's a good thing I guess. I wonder if Ol' Sheevy designed them?

[​IMG]

music choice no 2

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Merric likes this.
  24. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Saber-Copter to the rescure!!

25. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    The problem with the saber copter is that they feel ridiculously cartoonish by virtue of, y'know, having originated in a cartoon.

It's really hard to imagine them appearing the movies which, in turn, disrupts the sense of this all being "one universe".

. . .

Which is why we need them in a live action feature ASAP. :)