main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #19-25: Fortress Vader (7/7 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Aug 2, 2018.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    One of the most interesting Sith for sure. To me, his creepiness is pretty much on par with Darth Nihilus. Last time we had this unique Sith was in Knight Errant.
    Alternate universe?

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Causal loop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  3. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Probably depends on how this arc ends. I could see Momin being sent back to the exact moment he left, like how Ahsoka returned to Malachor, or how the Time Lords were sent back to the last day of the Time War on Gallifrey in Doctor Who, effectively sealing their fate by putting them right back into the hell they were trying to escape from.

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I don’t think it’s a question of one or the other, but rather a concept of Split Essence. There is precedent for this in both Canon and Legends. In Legends, Palpatine’s spirit fled the destruction of Death Star II and was able to reincarnate in a clone body on Byss. But, at the same time, a portion of his essence was lost forever at Endor, remaining there as a permanent Dark Side nexus that contained some sort of sentience as it tried to assail Leia once. Similarly, Mother Talzin placed a portion of her power in Maul when she restored him to full power and sanity. She only restores this power by draining Dooku of his Force energy. The idea isn’t identical, but I would think that a part of Momin’s essence was transferred into the Mask, while the remainder of it perished when his body was immolated originally. When Momin reaches back using the portal, he pulls the Past Momin out of the timeline just before he’s incinerated, bringing the Intact Momin into the current timeline. I would say that Mask Momin retrieves his past self after a portion of his spirit had passed into the Mask, saving Past Momin at the very point before he died. When Past Momin enters the present and takes the Mask and dons it, Mask Momin and Past Momin’s essences combined into a single entity again, becoming Lord Momin again.

If I may use an analogy from another franchise, consider the idea of the General Zod Phantom from Smallville and the Major Zod clone. In the final season of Smallville, these two fragments of the original Zod merge to become the fully corporeal General Zod again. Alternatively, consider the Mask to be a Horcrux, like Tom Riddle’s Diary. If the fully corporeal Tom Riddle left the Diary forever and found the incorporeal spirit of Voldemort, the two of them would have merged to become one, fully corporeal body once more. This may not be the best analogy, as a Horcrux can’t actually reunite with the main spirit without feeling a fatal remorse. But the idea of split essence does exist, and I posit that that is what has happened here.
    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

jedi-soon, spicer and Force Smuggler like this.
  5. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Now thats an explanation that makes a lot of sense

6. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

7. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    I loved it. Of course his masterpiece was himself he’s a narcissist. I think it was obvious it was never the castle itself.

I’m surprised that Vader was surprised at Momins deceit. Anakin showing through there which makes sense considering the objective. You can argue the whole thing is Anakin showing through.

I still think Vader will give it a go by the end. We are 2 issues from the end which suggests time for Vader’s emotional conclusion. I’m shocked he seemed to actually get somewhere they didnt look hellish. The stars that suggested it was the world between worlds was beautiful. But then in myth people go through Hades to get to paradise. I agree that there is no hint Momin comes from that place. There could be many doors depending on who opens it. I have a rising hope Vader May see something or get some message that keeps alive that little bit of light for Luke to find. It would be nice even though he is a mass murderer who doesn’t deserve it

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    This Sunday theres going to be a Reddit AMA with Charles soule
    LETS GET SOME VADER QUESTIONS ANSWERED

BigAl6ft6, spicer, kalzeth and 2 others like this.
  9. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    "We are in the process of closing the last issue now, #25. It’s complex and difficult because we’re trying something new and a little weird with it - but I think it’ll come together and pay off in the end. (And in the meantime, yes, I’m working on new Star Wars stuff. A LOT of new Star Wars stuff… just you wait.)" (source)

LET HIM [face_praying]

Slater, BigAl6ft6, MrDarth0 and 9 others like this.
  10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well glad he's got more goodies coming. With Poe over and this ending that frees him up considerably for another whole series or even a novel. :D

chrcharcor2, spicer and Vialco like this.
  11. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    What do you think he should write next?

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    A Kam Nale miniseries. No one will see it coming and it'll still blow us all away.

13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Star Wars: Momin

@Darth Corydon Might Chaos and the World Between Worlds be one and the same?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Slater, DelRiego, BigAl6ft6 and 6 others like this.
  14. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Considering Sidious ends up there upon death, I'd hope not.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Do we know that? It's not like anyone ever said, "I saw Sidious in Chaos".

16. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    To be fair, if they did some one-shots of the Boonta Eve Podracers like they did in that old comic Podracing Tales, I wouldn't complain. They did a great job making some diverse aliens that I wish were used more.

Jedi Princess and cwustudent like this.
  17. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    I doubt it but u never know

18. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Happy that Soule will continue writing Star Wars. I certainly wouldn't mind if he gets a shot at a movie or TV show script!

BigAl6ft6 and tatooinesandworm like this.
  19. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I predict
    Vader does not reach Padme via the dark side, and thus the castle remains a source of hope as well as hopelessness, as he continues visiting the location to attempt the procedure.

KamNale, Son of a Bith and kalzeth like this.
  20. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    What a fantastic issue. The bit about the helmet being changed was hilarious indeed! Seeing now how much time must have happened since the beginning of the arc, it´s understandable that they had the end the series here, but wow, I´m really going to miss it.

As for what should come next, my vote would be for a miniseries developing the Inquisitors background and perspective. There is a real goldmine waiting in there, at least in the hands of someone like C. Soule. By the way, has there been any news of Shadow of Vader? Still, coming, I presume?

Jarrus and kalzeth like this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Entire thing was cancelled.

22. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I wonder why? Is it really all because of the drama with Wendig?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  23. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    I can't wait for the first instance of the WBW being used to pull a character from Legends into Canon and everyone loses their minds.

25. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    Now that would be interesting. I wonder who they could pull? Oh, I know!

Waru

DelRiego, BigAl6ft6 and Sinrebirth like this.