main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #19-25: Fortress Vader (7/7 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    I wonder when we will meet 11th and 12th Inquisitors.
    As it was stated to be at least 12 inquisitors

2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    For all we know we already have.:p

I got a crazy theory.
    What if at some point in the series Vader comes across all the surviving Masters, and destroys them. Only to realize they are all cyborgs created by a recannonized Kazdan Paratus made after the real ones were cut down after Order 66?
    Maybe I'm thinking to much into this, but if the cyborgs were caught on camera, or witnessed walking around at some point after Knightfall, that would be all the evidence the Empire would require to 'confirm' their survival.

In Kcaj's case it could be one heck of a meta joke.[face_laugh]

I just think it would be a cool twist.

Probably unlikely though.

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  4. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    that is one crazy theory and a fun one

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Oh is that guy still around? Haven't seen much of him in the last seven months.

6. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    may i ask who is this guy and way would he be mad

7. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Nathan Butler is a guy who's been active in the fan community for a pretty long time; one of his well-known projects is the Star Wars Timeline Gold, a comprehensive Star Wars chronology. My post was referring back to a recent video he released announcing the end of Star Wars Timeline Gold; one of the reasons he cited for this decision was basically that canon was not dating events with sufficient precision to cater to people who create extremely detailed timelines. Imagining his reaction to that tweet from Matt Martin prompted my original comment.

I don't know too much about what he's up to nowadays but he's pretty active on his YouTube channel, at least.

Slater, MrDarth0, Gudenruben2 and 2 others like this.
  8. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    on i get it. Make snice that he would be mad

9. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    It is stated explicity in the comic that their were 12?

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    He's also done more than fan stuff -- he wrote one official comic and contributed to larger projects like the Atlas.

11. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    it's been stated there are at least 12 in Star Wars Absolutely Everything Updated and Expanded.

12. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    Oh cool I didn’t know that. Thanks. This reminds me of Eragon with the 12 Dragon Riders who turned bad -The Forsworn- I’m sure that this is just a coincidence but since Eragon copies Star Wars who knows?

13. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Twelve disciples of Jesus. Twelve Knights of the Round Table. That number has more famous connotations than Eragon; Luke's twelve students seems like a homage to the apostles, certainly. Eragon just borrows from the same fantasy tropes and mythic archetypes as Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc....

Gudenruben2 and Jedi Princess like this.
  14. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    @Yunzabit
    Yeah it's intresting twelve of anything is a common trope

But anyhow i really like the Inquisitors

Ithorians likes this.
  15. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    So true. I forgot about the Knights of the Round Table.

16. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    This issue was great, but something was bugging me all day - and then it clicked. I think there might be more to one scene than meets the eye.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Well as far back as the original star wars movie we've seen a Jedi use mindtricks to escape detection, I imagaine it's the go to "light side" power for a Jedi in hiding.

However this comic does make the use of controlling an individuals brain slightly through the force seem a lot more sinister than it was originally intended.

When you think about it was actually a really ****ish thing to do before the purge.

What? That hyperdrive costs 20000 credits...well I'll just wave my hand and walk out with it for free, no harm done I am a Jedi after all.

18. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    I guess the comic shows that mind tricks are more powerful then we think

19. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I thought that was a reference to the episode of The Clone Wars were Eeth Koth gets captured and uses hand signals to tell the Jedi where he was taken. I figured he was telling his plan to his wife.

Vialco, Slater, Gudenruben2 and 7 others like this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Did you ever read Star Wars: Scourge? It has an interesting take on the mind trick.

21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Its because number 12 represents perfection in many cultures across the world. There were 12 gods on Olympus, 12 stars in the crown of Virgin Mary, 12 stars in the flag of the European Union, the list goes on.

I guess after the timeline debacle of the previous issues (as well as some novels), they decided not to give exact dates to anything anymore. I find that super lazy and annoying. I'm not surprised Nathan decided to quit his Timeline.

But otherwise an excellent issue in the best SW series Marvel has produced so far IMO.

Love the new Inquisitors and what they did to Mira was brutal. That's some of the most sadistic dark stuff I've ever seen in SW. It was also great to see Eeth Koth again. Wonder why he left the Jedi Order and why he was kicked from the Council...

However I don't really like what the ending is implying. Hope Vader won't just start randomly murdering his Inquisitors because he has no more Jedi to kill. That's making Vader into a serial killer psychopath. Someone who's addicted to killing and cannot stop. And Vader is many things, but definitely not that.

22. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    I found the new female Inquisitor quit intresting for some reason. I think it's just the fact that she trick Mira was so Mira chould never trust anyone again. More specially a woman

23. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I don't know why I found it funny that, out of all the jedi that survived order 66, Oppo Rancisis was one of the survivors. I wonder how he slithered to safety during to purge. [spoiler\]
    I haven't been much of a fan of these inquisitors since their reveal but I gotta admit, She definitely seems like a fun character. I just wish thy wouldn't go through them as much as quick as they did and would let them do this stuff more often.

24. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I´m still thinking that last scene has everything to do with the "Darth Vader discovers a theft" bit from this issue´s solicitation. I´m thinking Vader´s reaction is based on something not shown yet, but perhaps implied in page 18...

25. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    I hope it's not the female Inquisitor
    Also isn't Ninth Sister still alive, i wonder will she's at.