main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #19-25: Fortress Vader (7/7 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Without a definitive timeframe it´s hard to say... but it´s funny, I keep picturing her stranded on Mon Cala, and done with working for the Sith. However, with the planet under the Empire´s control, she could be back to the Inquisitorius. Depends on her having a communication device to ask for a transport out of that cave, and on her willingness to go back to Vader and risk a bad reception...

2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    We know she won't be the one who kills the Sixth Brother, despite her threats, so she either died there or got away or been executed by Vader for her failure. I can't imagine her getting back from Mon Cala and not trying to kill the Sixth Brother straight away.

3. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    the reason i asked is becuase it was confroim that she survived, so it made me wonder

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I imagine she killed enough of her clone assailants to escape the chamber, but rather than return to the Empire while she was wounded and unable to carry out her vengeance, she fled to a dark corner of Mon Cala where she could receive medical treatment and recover her strength.

You're right that she won't be the one to kl Sixth Brother, but that doesn't preclude an attempt that ultimately fails for one reason or another. Either way, we haven't seen the last of Ninth Sister.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

MrDarth0 likes this.
  5. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    I wonder if she will still be a part of the empire

6. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    I hope we haven't seen the last of her. She's the most developed character from all the newly introduced Inquisitors.

7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I too hope for more of the Ninth Sister. And the fact that we know she didn't exact vengance on the Sixth Brother makes her story more interesting - what happens next?

8. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I am quite certain that she won't be.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008

I don't know if it's just about being addicted to killing or the fact that the enemies of the Empire are endless. Maybe Vader is not addicted to killing, but he is certainly paranoid and the Inquisitors could be a possible future thread. Better to get rid of them after they fulfilled their purpose...

10. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    They still need them for Project Harvester. In a galaxy where Force sensitive children are born all the time, you need someone who takes care of it.

But we'll soon see what are Vader's intentions :)

11. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    the Inquisitors are still around in 3bby, so there would be no reason in the Darth Vader comic for Vader to just randomly kill Inquisitors in this comic series.

12. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    ...Apparently my digital issue was initially missing the final page. (The physical copies had it.) Comixology updated to include it. Here it is:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  13. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
  14. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Slater, revan772, Ithorians and 6 others like this.
  15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    that last panel. We all know what's about to happen.

[​IMG]

Slater, revan772, Gudenruben2 and 5 others like this.
  16. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Vader has a very good reason to not approve of attachment.
    Though It does seem a bit of an overreaction to kill them for it.
    I hope there is more too it.

MrDarth0 and Fallen Jedi Master like this.
  17. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    I found it stupid, if thats the only reason he started to attack them, it better be anther good reason then that

18. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I can buy him wanting to teach them a lesson for it.
    Force their relationship to end.

But as I said, it's a bit ridiculous for him to outright kill them, and ultimately force them to betray the Empire out of spite.
    Or perhaps what might be more accurately termed Jealousy.

Fallen Jedi Master likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Let's not forget this is all building toward Vader establishing his castle on Mustafar, so I imagine these events tie into that in some way.

themoth likes this.
  20. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    The more I think about it the more I understand his desire to kill them (if that is in fact what he ends up doing). His emotions regarding his relationship and loss of Padme would still be extremely raw at this point and it's understandable he would lash out at anyone in his orbit that was displaying any semblance of "happy relationship". Only instead of getting all mopey about it he gets all slashy and stabby.

Revanfan1 and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I think they've been doing Vader all wrong.

Vader is a cold fury.

He's not passionate, everything passionate in him died on Mustafar. There is only deadness until Luke.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  22. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    I hope not.

Didn't Filoni even say that they were only able to do that because of the inherent "Force properties" of Malachor?

23. FS26

FS26 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2018
    I think he said Malachor has less gravity, enabling the antigrav the lightsabers use to create the spinning to enable flight. Though I'm not sure about the specifics, we never see any of the Inquisitors be able to fly with their lightsabers outside of Malachor

MrDarth0 likes this.
  24. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    As the sole fan of the spinning lightsaber and it's ability to fly, I declare the above theory to be unsubstantiated. It's not the first time I've heard it and despite an exhaustive search of the Internet, no sources have been found to confirm it.

On a side note, I'm so happy to see the return of my favourite lightsaber design.

25. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    You're not sole fan.

Ithorians likes this.