main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Darth Vader in Kenobi Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RX_Sith, Jul 18, 2020.

1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If they rig up a confrontation between Kenobi and Vader... I know, I know they aren't supposed to meet, but writers and do anything okay... it's just frustrating to know it's gonna end it a stalemate. Whatever they are standing on collapses and Darth jumps into his Tie and flies away. A convenient earthquake will split them apart and they have to escape before the planet implodes. Kenobi dramatically turns off his lightsaber, and Anakin feels a twinge of emotion for his old master and refuses to kill him.

Whatever it is, you know roughly the outcome.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Feel like the thread should be titled "Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader in Kenobi Series" since Hayden Christensen's rumored return kind of goes hand-in-hand with that.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    wobbits, Shamear and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'm a journey not the destination kinda guy myself. ;p

Bor Mullet and GregMcP like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Darth Vader and Anakin are the same person? What! :p

5. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Anakin/Vader is the lynchpin of the saga, so his involvement in anything SW automatically lends that project some extra oomph. To whatever extent Hayden or JEJ are involved makes it all the better.

It never previously occurred to me, but if they wanted to do another Obi-wan/Vader duel it wouldn't violate continuity that I can see. There's that line about "When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master!" One could infer that ROTS was the last time they met or fought. It could just as easily be Vader fondly recalling two previous duels in which he did progressively better against his former master each time.

6. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Yes, but we will see both aspects of the character in the show, not just the 7 foot, masked Sith Lord as the title implies. :p The idea that Anakin Skywalker from his CW/Ep. 3 persona will likely be seen is just as important.

Then again, maybe OP is just focusing on the present narrative since obviously Anakin will be Vader during this time period and the Anakin Skywalker persona will only be in flashbacks/dreams.

Also, I wanna bring more attention to Hayden Christensen being back and not just some random tall dude in a suit with JEJ's voice. :p

Jedi Knight Fett and wobbits like this.
  7. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    And giving Vader practice duels against Obi-Wan diminishes the weight and impact of their fateful duel on the Death Star.

8. jedi-soon

Nov 27, 2001
    Perhaps, but the same sort of argument could be leveled at any subsequent film or show following ANH. One could choose to excise any storyline from their own headcanon if it offends them sufficiently.

9. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    More importantly there is the ultimate divide of Lucas' Star Wars then everyone else's. Even in that there is his saga movies and TCW.

It's not going to end in a stalemate because we know how it ends in ANH (and the ultimate ending in ROTJ) so it'd just be another step on the way. It's no different than on Mustafar. We know how it's going to turn out but that doesn't take away from the actual event itself if it's done dramatically and well (or in it's case brilliantly well).

That'd be an example of the opposite and doing it terribly. All Vader wants to do is kill Kenobi. He's a Sith and there is only hatred.

wobbits and Deliveranze like this.
  10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Thing is he also says "i was but the learner. now i am the master" that line IMO kinda goes against a 2nd fight. unless we wanna say Vader 8 years after ROTS is still but a learner.

The line probably ties better back to episode 3.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    Mostly Handless and Shamear like this.
  11. beetzello

beetzello Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 17, 2002
    Anakin could make a phone call to his step-brother on Tatooine and Obi-Wan picks up because he was babysitting Luke while Owen and Beru were on a hot date in Mos Espa. Anakin would be all surprised - "You're still alive!" - but would be quick witted enough to ask, "Where's Padme? Did you kill her, too?"

Vasco_Rojo and Mostly Handless like this.
  12. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    If there is a renegade Jedi that threatens both Obi-Wan and Vader's interests, that can be a reason for them to meet without actually fighting. An ex-Jedi that maybe wants revenge on Anakin/Vader and maybe that means killing the offspring of Vader, which requires Obi-Wan's involvement.

Maybe in the climax, Obi-Wan and Vader see each other from afar and Obi-Wan manages to escape Vader and the Empire's involvement in Obi-Wan's quest.

Spitballing. :p

Jedi Knight Fett and wobbits like this.
  13. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I definitely don't want to see Vader and Kenobi fight, it definitely changes the dialogue on the DS too much.

I could very much see Vader attempting to hunt him down, always a few steps behind, trying to put together the clues and find him. Even better, the clues could be vague, and Vader insists that Kenobi is behind whatever evidence trail he's finding. Other Imperials think he's obsessed, and don't believe him, especially Moff Tarkin. That would add some weight to the conversation between them when Vader 'senses' Kenobi on the DS. I'd prefer Vader never has any absolutely definitive proof of Kenobi's involvement, just hints bordering on conspiracy theory. It will also add heft to when his assumptions are vindicated when he finally confronts Kenobi on the DS.

These clues should never be on Tattoine, though. The idea that Vader pursued him to Tattoine and never thought to check up on the people Kenobi knew there and discovered Luke is too much a stretch.

But we could certainly have Kenobi pulled back into some kind of action in the galaxy away from Tattoine, and Vader chasing him there. This is what I hope Christensen's involvement entails.

Mostly Handless and Aah Fisto like this.
  14. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    As uninteresting as it may sound Vader may only be there in a Rogue one type deal where. infact he may only appear in the last episode for all we know.

We heard a report/rumor some time ago that Sharad Hett was gonna be in the Obi Wan series originally. i still believe thats probably the case and that he is the main villain. it would make sense given the location its set. even more so if you wanted to keep Obi Wan on Tatooine.

15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah, supposedly the original version was going to feature Sharad Hett. Not sure if that's the case now, though, with the apparent revamp. I wouldn't mind if we got him, however, as well as delved into the Tusken world. A bit like how The Mandalorian treated the Jawas.

16. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I think Vader should be used sparingly in a Kenobi show. Having flashbacks with Anakin would be a lot better.

17. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    I don't know about A'Sharad Hett as the main baddie since it was done before, but the idea of a renegade Jedi leading a force that threatens both Obi-Wan and Vader is fascinating to me.

Could tie well into the personal conflict of Obi-Wan if he knew that Jedi, and would parallel the betrayal of Anakin.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    Since Obi-Wan eventually learns that Anakin did survive their duel and became Darth Vader, they could use Vader for that purpose too.

wobbits and Deliveranze like this.
  19. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I get the impression this is how Lucasfilm want to use Vader. he was used fairly sparingly in rebels. he was used sparingly in Rogue one. he was used sparely in Fallen order. he is more the main boss type deal. when Vader turns up, thats when **** is going down.

I think Vader immortal and Force unleashed is the closest to Vader getting a big guiding presence in story.

Personally id bet he was just gonna be in the last episode as a potential threat that Obi Wan needs to avoid.. sounds about right for how they been using Vader.

Ubraniff Zalkaz and Shamear like this.
  20. jedi-soon

Nov 27, 2001
    Spitballing further, I could see this being a good time to bring in Rahm Kota as a Jedi survivor who manages to get in touch with Obi. He needs rescuing, sending Obi off Tatooine and eventually into conflict with Vader. Poor ol' Rahm will probably have to buy it. But it could give Ewan some dramatic opportunities to explore and react to how his troops turned on him, which the events of ROTS left little time for.

21. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I am not expecting to see more than a Rogue One Cameo type of appearance for Vader.

If they add Vader into the show as a main character, that would create a continuity problem. Vader can't know Obi-Wan is alive, and especially he can't know that Obi-Wan is hiding on Tatooine. If Maul can find Kenobi on Tatooine, Vader can surely find him as well, especially when Vader also has the vast resources of the galactic empire to make a large scale search, he doesn't even need to go there personally to find Kenobi, it will be very easy for Vader to find Kenobi if he knew Kenobi is hiding on Tatooine.

Let alone the Empire and Vader, even the high ranking Rebels (except for Mon Mothma and Bail Organa) such as Hera Syndulla, and even Rex, and Ahsoka didn't know anything about Obi-Wan at the end of 2 BBY (2 years before A New Hope). And Rex said Senator Organa confirmed Kenobi's death years ago.

Inquisitors can be used instead of Vader, if they want to see a lightsaber duel. Of course, no Inquisitor can survive a fight with Kenobi too, since Inquisitors would immediately tell Vader what happened.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Lucasfilms could Care less about some division between Lucas Star Wars and their Star Wars.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  23. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    First off, yes, the Journey rather than the Destination matters. A dramatic confrontation is more important that who wins, and I was wrong to say otherwise. But it was fun to speculate what that confrontation might me.

But... the stories of both Vader and Kylo are about guys who have an Image of Evil that they are trying to live up to, but they still have a nub of goodness within that finally heals their souls. Complicated Monsters, as the High Republic guys wrote on their whiteboard.
    Having said that, I know it was kind of a dopey scenario. Probably terrible. Sure.

24. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    As others have said, I'd rather they use Vader VERY sparingly and while I wouldn't mind Obi-Wan almost bumping into Vader or vice versa, and discovering the other is alive, I wouldn't want them facing off. Having Obi-Wan leaving a breadcrumb trail of clues with Vader investigating, but far away from Tattooine would be the best way of executing Vader's role if it's anything other than a cameo.

25. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Whether they are or not is entirely irrelevant to it existing. They made the decision to do so thinking that it'd have no consequences at all.

They were wrong.