main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Darth Vader in Kenobi Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RX_Sith, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    I don't think it'll go this way and I prefer it not to. As @Darth Chuck Norris said, this isn't the Jedi nor Kenobi's way. I'd rather they just have Kenobi discover Vader via the HoloNet, and have Vader be trying to track down Kenobi - coming close but never fully finding anything concrete.

2. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Going by Rebels virtually no one knew about Vader. This comes from Luca via Filoni. Vader may have been a public figure on the HoloNet in the EU right after ROTS but not in Lucas' world where the Sith keep secretive.

3. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    I thought Vader was pretty well-known as the Enforcer of the Empire?

Bor Mullet and Erkan12 like this.
  4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Yeah, its bit of a contradiction between the comics/novels, where the general populace of the galaxy seems to at least know of Vader's existence, and the Rebels show, where the Ghost crew have no idea who Vader is when they first meet him.

But perhaps it could be explained that they heard of Vader, but never realised he's actually a powerful Force user/Sith. Maybe they just thought he's another Imperial warlord in an intimidating armor.

Riv_Shiel and Mostly Handless like this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think political elites, like Leia in ANH, knew of Vader and likely had some limited interactions with him prior to ANH, judging by Leia’s conversation with him at the start of that film. While most of the rebellion, ala Rebels, likely knew of him primarily as a shadowy figure.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  6. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    The Obi-Wan series may not be all focusing on Obi-Wan there may be some shots of what the Empires up to with Vader there or Vader may initiate something with the Empire that may get Obi-Wan involved but not directly linking Vader to Obi-Wan.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I imagine if you make an Obi Wan show. it should be focused on him. any cut aways need to work for his story in some way.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    DarthKreVass likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Obviously. That doesn’t mean it will be focused on him to the exclusion of anything else.

wobbits and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I doubt Vader and Kenobi will fight in the show tbh.I think Hayden Christensen will just appear in Obi Wans flashbacks or nightmares haunting him.

DarthKreVass and Mostly Handless like this.
  10. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Well that would be the best way to get the most of Hayden.

11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I like the idea of seeing some of the broader galactic politics at play during his exile.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's part of the "cost" of the time he has committed to isolation. The longer it takes for him to see Luke raised to a trainable point, the larger the Empire's threat grows. It is the clock to which Obi Wan's mission is set.

Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  13. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    So it took those droids to get him to do something about this?
    Maybe what happened when he trained Anakin plays a big part in him not training Luke perhaps Owen forbids this and Obi-Wan has good reason to agree with Owen's request?

14. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't buy that obi wan was waiting for Luke to grow up so he could train him. it goes against Lucas's philosophy, which was even present in Empire. which is they should be trained young. the older they get, the more attachments they get. i don't think Obi Wan had a plan for Luke. he was probably more or less just waiting for a sign to make his decision.

Let alone the fact Obi Wan should just have looked after Luke rather than give him to a couple so they could be a more loving family.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He did want to train Luke but Owen wouldn’t let him. That’s canon from the Obi-Wan comic.

Erkan12 likes this.
  16. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Obi Wan did that to protect Luke in case he was found by the empire.That way Luke wouldn’t be taken and turned into a sith servant.

17. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Maybe part of Obi-Wan's story in this series is about why Luke, Yoda and Obi must remain hidden (maybe trying in to the Rule of Two or how Vader would inevitably seek an Apprentice or Sidious seek a replacement for Vader, or even how Sidious may seek to use Luke's power a la Rise of Skywalker) Don't quite know how that would be done but it would help the audience understand why Luke was not trained...until he was found by the Empire and Obi had to.

Erkan12 likes this.
  18. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Vader in flashbacks/hallucinations and/or Vader off world directing operations and having memories of his own about Kenobi.

Krueger likes this.
  19. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    This could be done both ways showing both perspectives at different points but dealing with the same issue?
    So we see Obi-Wan remembering this specific adventure perhaps because he's been called back there for a mission and Darth Vader hearing rumors of Kenobi on that world remembers the same adventure from his point of view so by the time he arrives Obi-Wan has already left and there's no evidence of his presence except for Vader's suspicions to the contrary...
    However what would bring Kenobi out of hiding if they've stuck those books into Legends?
    There is the Kenobi novel, but I don't recall Anakin involved in that...
    So maybe Vader visits Padme's grave and his interest draws attention to her discovering she had recently given birth before she died meaning there's at least one child out there unaccounted for.
    Their investigation draws interest that eventually filters through to Kenobi forcing him to head off world to cover up the birth of the twins eventually resulting in him working with Han & Chewie which would lead to Maul stuck on Malachor.
    What if Kenobi was the one who tricked Maul there and he's left stranded unaware Kenobi had help from Han & Chewie which would work to explain why he's so focused for the Rebels appearance into hunting down Obi-Wan?
    Maybe we witness Vader send that Inquisitor there to investigate if Maul was there and when he didn't return he eventually went there himself after learning the other Inquisitors were heading there?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  20. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Maul is so focused on hunting down Obi-Wan because he is obsessed with getting his revenge on Obi-Wan for cutting him in half in TPM. And working with Han & Chewie contradicts them meeting for the first time in the cantina on Tatooine.

There is a set parameter to be operated within that was set and established by the movies. Contradicting a novel or comic that expels that item to legends is not a big deal. Contradicting a movie that makes the movie legends is a huge deal.

21. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    They've made a lot of changes already, would it hurt that Han got into trouble with Crimson Dawn over Q'ira and Chewie sought out help resulting in Kenobi getting involved but keeping a low enough profile that when years later when he and Luke turns up at that Cantina he contacts Chewie to call in that favor which Luke is completely unaware of as they use the money from the land speeder sale to make it look like a legitimate deal?

Obi-Wan knows from Chewie that they need money to pay off Jabba and at that point knows he could ask Bail Organa to cover that in return for their help?

22. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I think you could have Maul and Obi Wan see each other again very easy. much easier than Kenobi and Vader anyway. mostly because there is a noticeable change for Maul. in siege of Mandalore he isn't exactly wanting revenge on Kenobi. he just wants to ruin his old masters plan. but somehow he has to go from that, to crimson dawn, to straight out obsessed with finding Kenobi

Erkan12 and Hopeless like this.
  23. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I think the obsession has always been there, because if you remember from Siege of Mandalore, Maul was expecting Obi-Wan to show up, not Ahsoka. Maul also tried to not fight Ahsoka. That could be taken in the sense that he's not going to waste his time on her when Obi-Wan is the one he truly wants.

I don't think Maul was the direct leader of Crimson Dawn. He had the Shadow Collective in TCW, which was made up of all the crime syndicates. I feel Crimson Dawn may be another subsidiary of the Shadow Collective just as Black Sun and the others were. So he wouldn't have to go to Crimson Dawn, he was already there, so to speak.

24. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    But isn't it actually Anakin that he wanted? wasn't his plan to kill anakin and take him away from Sidious? he just wanted to hurt Sidious.

25. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Yeah I'm on the side that says Han and Kenobi can't meet before ANH. There's not enough time elapsed for Han not to recognize him thus making his "where did you dig up that old fossil" line seem weird at best.

Darth Chuck Norris and Krueger like this.