main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Vader Supreme Costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by LukeSkiewalker, May 14, 2005.

1. PAPATOOLSDV

PAPATOOLSDV Jedi Knight

May 3, 2009
    hey there thinking of mod my boots for my vader. thinking of taking the platform off and just adding a 2 inch heel,and then a 1 inch inside lift.any info would be cool.

2. seduced

seduced Jedi Master star 2

Oct 6, 2005
    Whatever method you decide to use is good as long as it eliminates the "frankenboot" look. There's nothing more disappointing than seeing a nice Vader suited up only to notice the 4"-5" platforms he's wearing.

3. PAPATOOLSDV

PAPATOOLSDV Jedi Knight

May 3, 2009
    THANKS FOR THE INPUT

4. PAPATOOLSDV

PAPATOOLSDV Jedi Knight

May 3, 2009
    in regards to the dv cod and the belt does the belt overlap the cod alittle bit or alot. some of the 501st pic i see the belt is wrap around the cod. can anyone one help with that thanks so much,

5. seduced

Oct 6, 2005
    My belt sits right on top of the cod and the bottom of my buckle is actually velcroed to the cod to help keep the belt in place. It should sit right on top, not overlap the cod and there should be no visible gap between them.

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/wjlane/DSC02216-1.jpg]

6. PAPATOOLSDV

PAPATOOLSDV Jedi Knight

May 3, 2009
    thanks so much. your costume looks great. your helment mob inspired me to do my rubies helment.

7. LAN-ED-TUL

LAN-ED-TUL Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    if its rots you are doing, the Fenixprops or Customprops leather rots cod is very nice to use, it had spot for buckle and box notches built in so no alignment issues, everything stays aligned properly

8. PAPATOOLSDV

PAPATOOLSDV Jedi Knight

May 3, 2009
    does anyone have the rots cod piece from fenixprops.and how many inches is the space for the belt boxes thanks

9. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    i have the fenixprops rots cod, its a LA cod as fenixprops is his ebay store.

i dont have the measurement on the spacing, but the box notches are placed accurately so when theyre in place theyre positioned and spaced right. the way i did my boxes, i left the backlid sligthly loose to slide box in place in notches and once all situated i carefully took the belt off made a mark on inside edge of belt next to box edge as a placement marker, so when i change batts i can line it up and cinch down the backplate and they dont slide and realign with cod notches each time.

a helpful lil idea to do if your boxes are more stationary on the belt.

10. PAPATOOLSDV

PAPATOOLSDV Jedi Knight

May 3, 2009
    THANKS FOR THE REPLY ON THE COD NOTCH PLACEMENT THATS GREAT INFO. THANKS AGAIN

11. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    NP, hope it helps. right now my cape, inner robe, leather bodysuit and cod are all from LA of fenixprops.

and just in case you didnt already know this, LA is a 501st member, so you know his stuff is 501st acceptable. he does the gloves too if interested, or SithArmor on ebay does gloves, and if your lookin for nice leather ROTS gloves his are extremely nice for the price.

he made some before that wasnt accurate, so i got accurate pic shots of them, sent them to him and he reproduced them again and this a lot closer to accurate, still a hair off, but to untrained eye, not noticeable at all.

12. PAPATOOLSDV

PAPATOOLSDV Jedi Knight

May 3, 2009
    do you like the cod piece

13. martinh65

martinh65 Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2006
    Okay...two things from me.

One...I got a cod piece from SA and it seems awfully thick, about an inch and a half. Is this correct?

Two... I am still working on the mods for my Rubies helmet and I am going to start layering some sheet plastic to the inside of the outer helmet to get it more "screen accurate". Can any of you folks give me the correct measurements for this so I will know when I have enough plastic? BTW, I am using simple, cheat "for sale" signs epoxied into place and then trimmed and painted for this stage of my mods.

14. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    SA cod is too thick, i agree, i have one also, the FP cod is lots thinner, more like the rubies but a lil thicker than that.

15. PAPATOOLSDV

PAPATOOLSDV Jedi Knight

May 3, 2009
    you know i was just on the 501st site and there are alot of vaders that dont have the cape liner. are you saying that you cant get in the 501st if you dont have the cape lined? thats bs. i understand there should be standards but there are some 501st sithlords out there that have parts of their costumes that aren't screen accurate. so will they have to redo theirs for member status?

16. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Just my guessing, those Vaders got in before the new CRL came into effect.

17. PAPATOOLSDV

PAPATOOLSDV Jedi Knight

May 3, 2009
    thanks for getting back. so i guess its is going to be harder and harder to get in. well i guess after people put all that hard work in and they get accepted, its rewarding .

18. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    \no the cape doesnt have to be lined, not a requirement, but a option if you wish to do so.
    when i first got in, i had the rubies cape and robe, and a rubies lid still, since then tho, those have gone in the pile to make a manny with and i purchased a MR rots lid, and the LA cape and robe. a plus to me is that the cape IS lined, so im set.

and really the alpacuna cape and robe set isnt too expensive from LA. think my set run me round 240 with shipping. if your really gonna invest as much cash as what it takes to have a really nice costume, like the armor, bodysuit, chestbox, shins, belt, etc.....
    which you know is gonna run quite a bit for good stuff, whats another 200 or so for the, what i like to call, icing on the cake to really make the whole costume stand out.

i can say, in my own POV, that the LA cape and robe set, was just the extra bang my costume needed to make it look like i DID walk off the movie set type of look.

just so ya know i have at least 5K invested in mine, and i STILL need a pair of leather boots, i use costume boots for now till i can afford a custom pair made for me.

but thankfully, thats the last thing i need, the rest, shall we say, is a done deal.

19. PAPATOOLSDV

PAPATOOLSDV Jedi Knight

May 3, 2009
    THANKS FOR THE REPLY,AND INFO YOUR COSTUME SOUNDS LIKE IT TURN OUT GREAT.i HAVE DONE SOME MODS TO MINE THIS SUMMER.HELMENT PAINT JOB,AND BOOT MOD TOOK THE KISS PLATFORM OUT JUST HAVE A 2 INCH HEEL AND A 1 INCH INSIDE LOOKS GOOD .AND CHAGED THE BREATHING TO MP3 GOING TO TRY TO GET A FAN FOR THE HELMENT NEXT.TAKE CARE

20. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    the fan i used in mine was off a had drive cooler. its a bracket that bolts over a hard drive, it has 2 fans mounted on it, it runs off the molex connectors.

i simply took one off, clipped the wires, and wired a batt and switch onto it. i mounted my fans across the lower and slightly onto the front grill inside the MR ROTS mask.

i used 2 4AAA batt boxes velcroed to lower cheek areas inside the mask, and my switch is near top of side foam block on left side.

hope that gives ya a idea on your setup

21. PAPATOOLSDV

PAPATOOLSDV Jedi Knight

May 3, 2009
    thanks so much that helps

22. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
  23. DarthBane95

DarthBane95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2009
    Go to amazon I am thinking about buying it too. it costs 400 dollars there.

24. seduced

Oct 6, 2005
    DarthBane,

Do you realize that first post is over 4 years old? If you are serious about owning a high quality Vader outfit, you'll stay away from the Rubies Supreme.

25. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    as a owner of a supreme vader i can attest to what seduced said, for a party costume, its ok, but anything more than that, youll end up doin what everyone else including myself has done, buy quality replacement parts and build your costume from ground up.

pricey, hell yeah it costs a ton of cash, i got 5K at LEAST into mine. but if ya want something that you can survive wearing and looks the way it should you pretty much have to bite it and pay the cash for good stuff.