main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Vader's World Tour!!

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by TK7771, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    Lord Vader just got into Columbus today. He should be back in the mail and en route to Pittsburg by the first of the month.

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    An announcement about the tour: we will no longer be using the Vader artwork in any way in connection with the Vader Tour. It will be removed from the new website and no more prints will be given to chapters. I will be announcing this in the other two Vader threads as well. To all particpating chapters: please remove this artwork from any website or other medium associated with the tour. Thanks. :)

3. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    Vader was turned over the UPS yesterday and should be reatching PA by Friday or Saturday at the latest.

4. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    So who's got Vader at the moment? I know Detroit's been waiting for him for over a month.

~H~

5. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Just so everyone else knows, Pittsburgh is looking into the matter. Everyone cross your fingers and hope that Vader hasn't been lost in the mail. :(

6. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    DarthLucanas has regretfully resigned as tour coordinator so I'll be in charge of things again. If anyone has questions, comments, complaints, etc. about the tour please PM me. Thanks. :)

7. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Yes as it is stated above I have resigned my position.

I enjoyed working with the other chapters with Vader and I will miss the tour very much.

To me it was a very special thing for me to be part.

I did not want to but I felt I must resign my membership and position as I have done with the Boston Rebels.

Thanks again to all the chapters I have had communications with and hope the rest of the tour is successful.

If anyone would like to discuss anything with me they can PM me and I will try to reply back to those as soon as I can.

Thanks,
    Chris

8. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Hello,
    starwarschick14 asked me to update. Vader has been shipped off from Detroit last week and I'm waiting for him in London.

9. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Just letting everyone know, he is not here yet. It has now been nearly 3 weeks since he was shipped.

10. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    He's here.

11. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Yippee! :)

12. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Picked him up from the post office today...him and two cameras in a ziplock bag. I really really hope there wasn't more in there because it said that it was opened by Canadian Customs.
    Also, postal code was a letter off, which also might explain why he took so long :) But I got him and he is here freezing his butt off in the snow with me!

Pictures are done, it sucks that none of us have cell phones because we one person went to the wrong place, gah! And we were only 3 to begin with.

Maybe I'll take him to my exam tomorrow as a good luck charm and then take some pictures from the tallest building on campus, it's a great view :) Either way, he's booked a free ride on the Greyhound to Toronto with me on Sunday :)

13. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Alright, we're in Toronto now just letting everyone know. Still freezing butts off.

14. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    It was great seeing Vader in Toronto :) Only wish the CN tower wasn't so big so we could get a proper picture with him :)

As it is i have a wet bottom.

15. Darth_Moonchild

Darth_Moonchild Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2004
    Great idea! I think our chapter at Starwars Philippines and another group called the Philippine Sith Lords will do the same !

16. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Unfortunately at the moment the tour is only a North American one. We had originally planned on an international tour but Vader's journey ended up taking way too long. If the idea is revisited though, we'll keep your interest in mind. :)

17. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Has he been to Philly yet?

18. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    When the King of Prussia FF was still in existence, Vader stopped there early on in the tour. :)

19. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    When is the tour scheduled to end?

20. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Well, there are a few stops remaining in NY and RI before he returns to Boston. We plan on taking him to C3. No plans have been made for additional stops after that, but that could change. It's an issue we'll revisit closer to that point in time. :)

21. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Well, keep Philly in mind if time permits. ;)

22. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Most of you don't need to worry about what I'm about to post. :)

I have an important clarification to make about a couple of things regarding the tour. Please read carefully, and please PM me if you have any questions. The content of this update has resulted in very unfair and blatant flaming and bashing of my FanForce recently, and I would rather people bring their problems to me so I can try to resolve these misunderstandings and problems on a more personal basis. If you cannot respect that request, I ask that you please not post at all.

First, I want to again clarify why we cannot grant any requests to be added to the tour at this time. Since the tour began there have been numerous delays. Many irresponsible individuals delayed the tour to the point where we had to cut the international portion completely, and deny any further add requests. From the beginning it was Boston's intention to get Vader back in time for C3 and ROTS. We have put a lot of work into coordinating this tour, and we regret that certain individuals have ruined it for others. The tour has certainly been a learning experience.

At this point in time, it has not been decided if the tour will continue after Episode III. It's difficult for those outside the coordinating efforts of the tour to understand how many negative experiences we've had and how they impact our feelings on the success of the tour. We are however very thankful for those of you who have acted appropriately and will keep all the positive experiences in mind as well. A decision will be made at some point in the future, and rest assured it will be posted in all Vader threads like this announcement.

Secondly, it was recently posted in another forum that a FanForce member (outside of Boston) some time ago proposed an idea to add to the Vader tour. The individual offered another Vader to travel to a new list of FanForces, dubbed "Stunt Vader", to include more people in on the fun. After discussion, we in Boston turned down the idea. The revelation of this idea and our decision resulted in some comments I took extremely personally. Boston was accused of not knowing how to share, being greedy, and only looking for recognition. As the current leader of my FanForce, I took offense to these comments, as did many others.

For those of you whose initial response to the situation is similar, I ask you to please consider this from our point of view. We have put so much work into the tour because we want to bring FanForce together. We could have gotten into the Insider long, long ago, but that was never our primary objective, and we haven't taken those steps. Sure, we like promoting our FanForce along with the tour, but that's something that you all do with your own groups in all of your charitable activities. We turned down the idea because we feel it takes away from the uniqueness of the original Vader. The whole point of the tour was to have one Vader visiting different FanForces. When you turn one into two, it's just not the same. You may not see it that way, but we ask that you respect our opinion on the matter.

We constantly encourage groups to collaborate on the tour so that those that weren't initially included may have a chance to participate. Now that the tour is nearing the end of its first run, many groups face the possibility of never being able to get Vader if we decide to end the tour completely. Instead of looking on that so negatively and angrily, why can't all of you use it as motivation and inspiration to come up with your own ideas to bring FanForce closer together? The Vader Tour was never intended to operate indefinitely, and there will always be new FanForces forming. So, no matter when the tour ends, there will always be someone left out. But if more FanForces would take steps to create other unique activities in the spirit of uniting fans on a global scale, we could all have a lot more fun!

Even if you disagree with everything I've said here, I feel that our stance should be respected. If nothing else, after starting the tour a

23. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    SWC14, I personally am grateful that any group at all stepped up to coordinate this on any level. We had our own Vaderific drama to contend with in Denver upon his arrival, and were very thankful for the time that we had with his diminutiveness.

That having been said, I seem to recall that we did suggest (purely in jest at the time) a "Bob Anderson" Vader as a possible "post-production" fix for our own scheduling issues while he was in our possession.

Our dealings and experiences with the Boston FF have been nothing but exemplary, so kudos to you & your crew for gettin' his lordship even this far around the continent.

24. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It has been a pleasure to follow Vader on his travels, even from a distance. I really appreciate the work you have done for this, and it's really the biggest FF project that we have had I think. I'm hoping that I will be able to meet his lordship at C3.

25. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks to both of you for your kind words, they are much appreciated. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.