main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Darth_Arsnl 's Artwork

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Darth_ArsnL, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Thanks Wick, Sorry it took me so long to respond I've been really busy, and really tired, and I'm trying to create stuff in paintshop lately but all I've managed to acomplish with this visit to my computer was this:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/darth_arsnl/detail?.dir=/2ffa&.dnm=c4d9.jpg&.src=ph

I personally think it sucks, and that I need more posters with action- but thats just me. :p

Arsnl

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi D_A!! Man--take a couple weeks away and people get really creative in my absence (must be some kind of message in that...??)!

I agree with what wicktone said about your experiments with different styles--it really shows a lot of versatility, to be able to draw realistically and then to cartoon (something I can't do to save my soul, lol!), so bravo with that! I'm really loving the Wolverine and Batman pieces for those reasons--both are wonderfully done, and really demonstrate that versatility I mentioned before. And nice action pose with Spiderman, too--good figure proportions and movement (love the way his web is circling around him, too--sort of reminds me of your Kit Fisto piece, with the water...).

I also like the poster of Anakin and Padme--to me, less is more here, with good poses and lighting on the subjects. The only suggestion I might make would be to use something other than block lettering for the text--particularly since the message is about love (I'm such a sucker for romance! :p ). I like it, though!

Great work, ArsnL!

FF

3. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Thank you FF. I changed the lettering...twice...lol

heres lovey dovey lettering
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/darth_arsnl/detail?.dir=2ffa&.dnm=ff87.jpg&.src=ph

and then alterted that lettering, into something I don't know..
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/darth_arsnl/detail?.dir=2ffa&.dnm=2b4d.jpg&.src=ph

4. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Yeah, that's more like it! I think the second "dissolving" version looks best--sort of foretells the Dark Side disintegration of the love that brought them together in the first place. Much better (for me, anyway! :p )!

FF

5. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Nice Poster! The images fit well with the quotation, which yeah, I know - is obvious, but I like the particular images you've chosen. Anakin with his grim determination and the sweet innocent Padme. I find the new font much better than the old version. The effect applied sort of reminds me of thorns in the way that it's sort of gives me the impression of being coiled around the lettering and looks kind of prickly. I think suits it really well. Or maybe I'm just crazy - it's a strong possibility. Either way, I like it. :)

- Suz ^_~

6. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Hey thanks! I honestly thought, maybe that poster was a tad boring , I'm also working on another- I'll keep it a surprise, and I'm trying to create really cartooney portraits of some of my favorite people. Thanks again for the feedback its always much appreciated. :)

7. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Update on first page!

Sketches based on the assassin troopers from the Episode 3 game.

Enjoy!

8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I've just looked through some of you work, and your poses are outstanding! All your figures have a strong dynamic quality, a real sense of life and action. Big comic book fan, huh?

9. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Thanks soits, means a lot comin from someone who has perfectly captured Padme's features like you have. :) And yea I'm a huggggeeee comic book fan.lol.

thanks for stoping by.

10. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    I love the second one of this set (The Elite)! Great, great perspective on him, looking up at his helmet. It's tricky to do a three point perspective with something like a helmet, but you pulled it off here. The angle looking up at him is very intimidating.

One the first one, I like how you drew the cape overlapping his calf and pooling onto the ground. It really adds a lot to an image when you use clothing or hair or whatever to indicate depth by having it cross in front or behind something.

11. mlbfan

mlbfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2004
    I like them all. They have great detail, and you capture the whole perspective of the character. Keep it up! :)

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, man, your last two additions are great, D_A! I especially like the Elite trooper: I agree with wicktone on the difficulty of that perspective, and the skill with which you managed it--wonderful! The little details there, like the "shine" of the metal bayonets and the lines in the shading are just wonderful! The Assassin trooper is great, too (I, also, really like the cape draping over his leg!!)--his pose is very fluid and full of energy here. Your drawing seems to be progressing by leaps and bounds, ArsnL--it's such fun to watch!! Keep up the great work!

13. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Wicktone- thank you, and I have recently taken on a new request from mlbfan- I'm looking foreward to completeing it with the same quality of detail. :)

mlbfan- thanks of course for stopping by- means a lot to me- and great signature. [face_blush] .

FF- thanks for the feedback! and for noticing the details. :)

thanks for stopping by. :)

14. mlbfan

Oct 1, 2004
    You're sig is nice too.[face_blush]

15. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Heres the saber I use when I duel in JC

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/darth_arsnl/detail?.dir=/2ffa&.dnm=e69b.jpg&.src=ph

and yea def. made with paint.lol

as if that wasn't obvious.

16. mlbfan

Oct 1, 2004
    I think it looks awesome. You should try to convert it to markup codes.

17. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    [face_blush] thanx, dunno if I can convert it to markup codes- i'll give it a whirl

18. mlbfan

Oct 1, 2004
    If you need help, I can help you out.

19. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Hey- just checkin in- and by the way heres my site i made- Yea I got very bored one day...

http://www.geocities.com/darth_arsnl/Arsnl.html?1121906090421?200520

please sign the guestbook!

Arsnl

20. bwize

bwize Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2004
    Hey Darth_ArsnL, just checked out your stuff and I like the originality of your work. Your figure skills are comming along quite well. They are a bit simplistic at times and disproportioned, but I see a real improvement throughout your work. Some of my favorites are Lightsaber Hand 2 and the Anakin drawings. They are nicely detailed and it shows that you put more effort in them. The ship designs, particulary Grievous's, are very nice and technical. You seem to have a good sense of design, maybe something you might consider looking at if you decide to pursue a college program.

Practice, practice, practice. " I forsee you becoming a very gifted jedi, er.. artist, Darth_ArsnL." Sorry, couldn't resist the quote.

Keep up the good work.

Bryan

21. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    thank you. :)

22. benkenobi151

benkenobi151 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2005
    I especially liked your lightsaber drawing. Very interesting how you cut it open to reveal part of the inside. With your talent I forsee you going on to bigger and better things. Good luck.[face_peace]

23. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Thank you- and also sry I haven't been around in a while- I'm currently working on a request to redraw a scene from ( a pose really) ROTS, and to redraw one of my favorite siths.

24. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    ! Update !

Sorry i've been wicked busy- and I lost power at my house! sucked

well you can find my latest on page 1!

or right here if thats better?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/darth_arsnl/detail?.dir=2ffa&.dnm=f86f.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/darth_arsnl/detail?.dir=2ffa&.dnm=49f8.jpg&.src=ph

Enjoy!

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:=D=!!!

Beautiful work D_A!! These two pieces are just wonderful--I can't choose a favorite! Darth Nihilus is just...awesome: the smoothness of his "death mask," and the coloring and shading you've done here is fabulous--there's such a feeling of volume to him. I love the way you highlighted the fabric on the hood/cowl, too, with the peaks of the folds catching the light...just awesome!! And Anakin-throwing-lightning is just as wonderful: his pose is just about perfect, and the proportions are excellent (I really like how you drew his "lightning hand," too--perfect perspective there, with the shading and the positioning)! His robes, his face--it's all wonderful!! These are just great--awesome work, ArsnL!
    =D=

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.