main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive ><><DarthSinister's><>< Paint Art UPDATE 6-18-06 GrandAdmiralThrawn

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by XXDarthSinisterXX, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XXDarthSinisterXX

XXDarthSinisterXX Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
  2. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi folks.
    I've added Valance the Hunter, an old MARVEL comics favorite of mine. Just follow the link and scroll down to the bottom.

Sinister's Art II

3. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Two new entries today. Go through the link and scroll down. Hope everyone is still enjoying the pics, thanks.

Sinister's Art II

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I really enjoy your style, DarthSinister--so clean and colorful! I haven't read the Marvel comics, but you've really brought them to life for me, with the "tidbits" about the stories that you include with your pictures on the site--nice! Hedji reminds me of a hedgehog...? The detail in each piece is wonderful (and I usually look thru all of them each time! ;) )! Keep it up!

FF

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Those are just really awesome. I always enjoy looking in on your thread when you update. You always seem to choose the lesser known characters and it's really interesting checking them all out. I, for one, haven't really looked into the Marvel comics series and from looking at your work, I'm being introduced to them all for the first time. :)

6. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi Folks.
    Hot off the press is Jorus C'Boath with a slightly re-imagined past.

Hit the link and scroll to the bottom

Sinister's Art II

7. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Oooh! I really like all of these, but especially Jorus C'boath. The lightsaber is great...is it based off of Count Dooku's curved ones?

8. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi Emilie, the saber is exactly the same as the Count's. Also check C'Boath's face, you may notice that he too has a strong resemblance to Count Dooku. This came about when I was choosing a model for Jorus C'Boath, I was going to use Donald Sutherland as "the face", but I took a couple of stabs at it and it just wasn't right. I got to thinkin' about Jorus C'Boath's role in the whole clone premise and how he would have tied into what we know now that the preques are out. We all know Dooku ran the show for Palpatine during the Clone Wars, and that he hired Jango as the clone template. It then occured to me that Palpatine could have given the clone named Jorus C'Boath any background he wanted and C'Boath, in theory, could be anyone. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks! Jorus C'Boath is the clone of Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku).

Thanks for asking.

9. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    That's great. :) Wonderful, really. I'd never thought about the similarities between C'Boath and Dooki before, but they did have the same sort of elegant arrogance, didn't they? Even if C'boath was a tad bit more touched in the head. ;)

10. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Thanks Emilie, I'm glad you liked my Dooku-C'Boath theory. Besides it's a great way to get Darth Tyranus and Luke Skywalker to plausably cross paths.

Here's a collection of my art for everyone. Enjoy.

Wall of Shame

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, your C'Boath is excellent. It almost reminds me of Gandalf - especially in the face. I also like what you've done with the saber as well. Nice touch to throw in some Count Dooku in there. ;)

12. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Nice--who is the fourth one on the bottom row?

13. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Her name is Amaiza. She was introduced along with JAXXON in the earliest day of MARVEL COMICS Star Wars run. The character was created by Roy Thomas and Howard Chaykin.

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow, DS, your rendering of C'baoth is almost exactly how I pictured him in my head when I read the books--fantastic! I, too, see a little of Gandalf the Grey in his face, but also Dooku--and your theory of a Dooku-clone is great! Hit 'em with that over in Lit--it'll really get 'em going over there! [face_laugh] Again--I really like your work, and your "wall of shame" is actually a wall of fame--insofar as each of the characters is concerned, and as to the artist depicting them! Well done!

FF

15. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Thank you HAN and FF. I see you keep mentioning Gandalf, well you're not far off. I actually used a photo reference of Christopher Lee as Saruman to pull it off. FF, I absolutly love it when someone tells me, "Thats exactlty the way I pictured them in my head." That is the biggest compliment you can give! Thank you very much! I strive hard to relay the soul of the character through my drawings.

Thanks Again.
    Sinister

16. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    P.S.

Falcon Fan what is "Lit"? You made mention of stirring them up with the Dooku-C'Boath theory.

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, that's the rowdy bunch over in the Literature thread on the Jedi Council boards--they explore/tear apart/purport theories on characters in the stories (in all written media: comics, novels, e-books, etc.). I don't think anyone's explored a C'baoth/Dooku-clone theory over there yet--and it could be good for some rousing "discussion" (altho they do get a little "rabid" there sometimes, defending their own views/opinions... ;) ). Your theory might be good for a few pages of users flaming each other! [face_laugh] ;) On the subject closer to hand, tho--keep up the wonderful work here! I am so enjoying your style and skill! =D=

FF

18. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi everyone thought I'd post an old pic since I haven't done any new ones. Click Sinister's Art II and scroll to the bottom for a Imperial Speeder Bike re-do.

Sinister's Art

Sinister's Art II

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I really admire people who can draw humans, aliens and the "technical stuff" with equal skill, DS--the speederbike design is great! Nice job, with the planview and sideview--like engineering drawings! Well done (and can't wait to see more! :p )!

FF

20. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    Again, I love the work you do, it has such an original feel to it, and something about the way you design the pictures just adds a lot of character to them. I particularly like JORUS C'BOATH, he seems like a really cool guy, keep it up.

21. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    All your artwork is very unique and i'm guessing, very tedious, I like the balance of color, shading and detail thats shows in your style. Hope to see more from you.

22. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Thanks everyone.

Falcon Fan, that speeder bike is an old drawing. At the time I did it I couldn't imagine doing- say a Jorus C'Boath. So I've come a long way since then. I almost didn't post it because I thought it was way too remedial. You can really see a difference between some of my older paintings, like the younger Obi-Wan to the newest, Jorus C'Boath... to me the Obi-Wan needs help. Hopefully they will just keep getting better as I learn more about the software and develope some new techniques.

Dk, thanks for the nice right-up. You mentioned the "character" and someone else asked in an E-Mail (sorry I didn't answer accidentally erased) where I got my inspiration for character and costumes. Truth is I watch a lot of old movies and get my ideas from them. I'm particularly fond of old WWII, John Wayne and westerns in general with a dash of Errol Flynn to top it all off. All of that and then stay within the boundaries the films have created.

Darth_Arsnl man did you nail it! As you know I do the base drawing in Microsoft Paint. The process gives tedious a whole new meaning.

DS

23. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    I cannot believe you do all of those in paint.. I would do work in paint, but never anything so highly detailed, you must have the patiences of a saint, as they say..

It's cool to hear you like older movies, I think they are seriously underrated.. Since I've moved down to school, they have the turner classic movie channel down here, and I watch it all the time.. as a matter of fact I just picked up Dr. Strangelove not too long ago, still one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. (I love Peter Sellers.) And for anyone who's never seen it, it's also James Earl Jone's first major movie role.

24. XXDarthSinisterXX

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi gang.

I haven't posted in a while and I'm on a borrowed I-net hook up right now. I live in Louisiana and my wife and I lost our home in the hurricane. My wife is due to have a little Padawan any day now and we are living in a camper outside of our home. I just wanted to say hello and that I was able to save my computer and since I have a lot of time on my hands lately I building up some art work. See you all soon.

><><Darth Sinister><><

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    OMG!!! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your home--and with you and your wife expecting a baby...how awful!! But also, much gratitude that you're still alive and relatively well (living in temporary quarters is preferrable to having nothing at all, I think...). Many good wishes for a speedy resolution to all your troubles, XXDarthSinisterXX--and best of luck with the upcoming arrival of your "Padawan!" ;) We'll be looking forward to seeing some more fabulous work from you, and hoping that life can start getting back to "normal" for you and yours very soon!

[:D] :D

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.