main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga - OT Date Night--(Hera & Kanan romance/humor) COMPLETE 6/27/17, with artwork

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Raissa Baiard, May 21, 2017.

1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Hello Raissa! I finished this this morning and I want you to know it is very well written and tells a wonderful, if melancholy story. The amount of description you provide in the many different settings tells a richer and more complete story. I very much enjoyed the parental theme and was struck by, not only the humor of the erstwhile 'children', but also their glaring selfishness.

Hera, despite all her efforts, is mostly foiled in her desire to have quality time with Kanan. Your lovely writing brilliantly takes us on journey of 'wife and mother' harried by having to manage unforeseen and unexpected pitfalls in her path.Sadly, she is even stymied by Kanan, the object of her affection, when he goes 'squirrel!' regarding his lightsaber.

Regarding your settings: I loved Hera's trip the market and your ongoing theme of food and its importance. You also made me care about her and the situation with The Phantom's fuel line. And, of course Sabine's hair. Perfect!

Although, I wanted more romance than I got, I was given something more in a picture of a how a real family works. As for Hera, you can't always get what you want, but here's hoping she gets what she needs. =D==D==D=

Edit: It's only fair that I ad that Sabine's drawing was a nice touch in the aftermath of all the earlier drama. Kids can be selfish, but, sometimes, not entirely so. ;)

Last edited: May 4, 2018