main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dawn of a New Era I: Jedi Resurrection (post-SbS AU) - K/J, J/T, A/OC - COMPLETED 3/27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMasterKobe, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    2nd page? this needs an UP!

2. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    as promised, here's the new post (even though nobody's reading :(). it's from Aayla's POV.

Chapter 5: Aayla's story

"I am Aayla Secura, a Jedi Master from the Old Republic. After the Clone Wars, I fled Coruscant and found refuge on Tatooine. There, I watched with horror as Supreme Chancellor Palpatine declared himself Emperor. Together with your grandfather, he systematically purged the galaxy of Jedi. Very few of us survived; myself, Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"While on Tatooine, I disguised myself as a dancer in Jabba the Hutt's palace. The Force was with me as Vader and Palpatine never thought of searching a desert planet. Between Obi-Wan and myself, your uncle was well-protected as he grew up. The day Obi-Wan and Luke left with your father and Chewbacca was also the day I secured passage home, here to Ryloth. I had full confidence that the son of Skywalker would free our galaxy from the evil grasp of the Empire."

"Since then, I have chosen to remain in seclusion but rest assured, I have continued to follow up on what went on in the New Republic. My condolences on the loss of your brothers and of Chewbacca. Take comfort in the fact that they did not die in vain. The Force works in mysterious ways Jaina, and I believe it led you here for a reason. For too long, I have remained hiddne. I trusted that a sign would be given me to make my return to the galaxy."

"Jaina Solo, you are that sign. It is now my wish to assist the New Jedi Order and defend this galaxy against the Yuuzhan Vong. Come now, my young Jedi. I believe our next destination should be Tatooine. You, I and your companion Tahiri shall go alone however. We will make our way to Mos Eisley and purchase a ship. Your Trickster will be highly conspicuous and poses a high security threat. Worry not, for the rest of your party are in good hands."

"Were it not for Tahiri's familiarity with our destination, it would just be us two. I sense much anger and hatred within you Jaina. You are treading perilously close to the Dark Side. Do not let it dominate your destiny. I know you are suffering but vengeance will not bring them back. Let go your anger Jaina, let it go. I was once in the same position as you but I chose not to fall. Believe me, if an old Twi'lek such as myself can do it then surely a Skywalker descendant can too."

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    AU ending: *Aayla slaps Jaina*

"Stop being such a bitch!" :p

UP!

4. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    wait wait wait. this is a k/j and jaina kisses Zekk? i'm confused now. when does kyp come in?

Jez

5. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Looking forward to the next post, and cool title. :)

~~Jilly

6. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    All caught up now!!!

That was interesting.....the T'wilek was Aayla....hum..... :)

7. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Spike2002: LOL! that's a good one. Jaina needs it too. :p

Jez: yes, this is a K/J. I put Zekk in to add a little competitive fire. as for Mr.Durron, let's just say that I have a little surprise in store for everybody's favorite rogue Jedi. he'll be in shortly but I have one more Jedi to resurrect.

JainaDurron: thanks. I thought of it on the way from the FanForce anniversary party. :)

C3SoloPO: yep, I had to include one of my favorite PT characters in here.

8. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    and awaaaaaaaaaay we go, it's the next post!

Chapter 6: Tatooine Days

The next morning, the three Jedi set off for the Mos Eisley spaceport on Tatooine. Obi-Wan had once called it a "wretched hive of scum and villainy" and many years later, his description still proved accurate. Countless beings of myriad species were bustling all over the spaceport. It was agreed that Tahiri, Jaina and Aayla would split up and head off in separate directions. Their mission was quite simple, locate a spaceworthy ship capable of carrying 15 to 20 passengers.

Tahiri had expressed a desire to look for Sliven, the man who had raised her but she was quickly discouraged from doing so. Aayla reasoned that the less time spent on Tatooine meant they could get to Hapes that much faster. After hours of haggling with various merchants, Jaina finally found a YT-2400 that met all their requirements. She contacted Aayla and Tahiri, telling them to meet her at Docking Bay 94. A small smile crossed Jaina's lips as she realized how history had just repeated itself. Docking Bay 94 was where her father and uncle, along with Chewie and Obi-Wan, had boarded the Millenium Falcon and left Tatooine in search of her mother.

Ten minutes later, the three women were in flight and headed back to Ryloth. Since Jaina had put up the credits to purchase the ship, she also held the right to name it what she pleased. A thousand names must have crossed her mind during the journey back. Just as the ship exited hyperspace, she grinned. She had found the ideal name. The Solo Force. It was perfect. A symbolization of who she was. Tahiri had exclaimed that it fit her to a tee. Aayla merely nodded. The older Jedi knew all too well what it felt like to name your first ship.

Jaina Solo was positively beaming with joy and happiness. All her life, she had been fascinated with flying. Joining Rogue Squadron at age 16 was like a dream come true. Finally, she had been able to do the one thing she loved above all else. But this, owning her own ship? It was very overwhelming but she was filled with elation. Suddenly, however, extreme pain coursed its way through her body. Gasping for air, she dropped to her knees. Aayla wasted no time and carried her to a bunk. Jaina forced her eyes open, uttering one word before slipping into unconsciousness.

"Kyp!"

9. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Oh good, you finally bring Kyp in...

Why is it that he's always hurt!!! :_|

10. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Will Jaina go and find Kyp? Or will she do the usual thing, and say her duty to the New Republic must force her not to care?

Find out, in the next episode...of Jedi Resurrection!!!!!!

;)

11. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    jedi_princess: well look at it this way, when is Kyp NOT hurt? :p

Spike2002: hmm, interesting. :p I know I said I wouldn't bring Kyp in until the return of another 'dead' Jedi but the opportunity was too good pass up. as for Jaina, I'll just say that she's not Leia (if ya catch my drift*) ;)

*that statement is by no means meant to be derogatory towards Leia Organa Solo, however, Jaina does resent her for not being there.

12. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
  13. DarkLady_Q

DarkLady_Q Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2003
    That was real good...keep it comin :)

14. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    *attaches a rocket to the thread and watches it go UP!* :p

15. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Things just got interesting. More?

~~Jilly

16. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Oh NO! My kyp is hurt!

Jez

17. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    like OMG! :p it's 2 posts in the same day? :eek:

Chapter 7: Torture

Battered and bruised, Kyp Durron refused to be broken. Writhing in pain, the Jedi Master could do nothing but focus his thoughts on one thing. Danni Quee. Somewhere, somehow, the Force-sensitive scientist had been shaped and turned against the Jedi. She had approached Kyp on Coruscant and asked for his help. Once he was effectively isolated, Danni had signaled for her Yuuzhan Vong backup. 20 of them had shown up. It had been one hell of a fight. Kyp managed to kill half of the warriors but was quickly overwhelmed by sheer numbers. He had designs on running for help but a little blorash jelly quickly put an end to that idea. An amphistaff cracked along the backside of his head knocked Kyp out real quick. He woke up some time later and found himself installed in the Embrace of Pain. Even the slightest movement caused him to grimace and groan. He could not even focus his mind enough to use the Force.

Before he was subdued, Kyp sent out a mental distress signal to any available Jedi. He could only hope that he would be rescued. Somehow though, he didn't have a good feeling about that. He was Kyp Durron, Destroyer of Worlds. There were still many in the New Republic who felt that he should be executed for his actions with the Sun Crusher all those years ago. Only the intervention of Luke Skywalker saved him from imminent death but the two Masters still did not see eye-to-eye. They differed vastly in their approaches to this war. Luke called for defensive measures while Kyp advocated more aggressive actions. Now, however, Kyp discovered just where his aggressive actions had taken him.

Not since the spice mines of Kessell had the Jedi Master felt so alone. He could not even guess how long he had been in captivity. Looking around, Kyp found nothing that would aid him in escaping. He tried once again to access the Force but it was difficult to concentrate enough. Just then, the door opened and a massive Yuuzhan Vong entered. Warmaster Tsavong Lah. Behind him stood Danni Quee. The alien warrior spoke.

"Welcome Jeedai, we have been expecting you."

In response, Kyp spat at his feet. The warmaster merely grinned.

"Such fire in this one, even after all he has been through. He may still prove useful to us."

Kyp managed to put together a few words, "Where am I?"

Lah roared in anger. "Silence infidel! It is not your place to speak. Soon you will discover the True Way. Or you will die! Release him."

18. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    OMG, what is this? back-to-back posts? :eek:

Chapter 8: Where's Anakin?

Never before had Jaina Solo felt so alone. She had briefly felt a trace of Kyp's pain but just like that, it was gone. Now, she felt nothing. It was as if Kyp had totally disappeared. Jaina had wanted to take the Solo Force and look for him. Once again, Aayla proved to be the voice of reason. She cautioned the younger Jedi against the evils of the Dark Side. They still had much to do before leaving for the Hapes Cluster. Reluctantly, Jaina agreed. Rushing off to Force knows where would do nobody any good. They had just arrived back on Ryloth and immediately, they began preparations to leave.

Unknown to the Jedi, two mysterious hooded figures were watching them from a distance. The taller of the two men nodded to his companion and he strode off to the left. While Jaina and the others were packing, they laid Anakin's body out on a stone slab table. The Jedi then gathered up inside the ship to discuss the details of their journey. Needless to say, things got rather hectic. Fed up with all the bickering, Jaina used the Force to demand that they all shut up. Clearing her throat, she calmly outlined a plan that they could agree with. Now that the business had been taken care of, they sat down to a mid-day meal. Prepared by Aayla's relatives, the food proved filling and delicious.

As they finished eating, a loud crack of thunder could be heard from outside the ship. Jaina and Tenel Ka immediately rushed down the ramp. Shock ran through the two woman and Jaina collapsed. When Aayla appeared, she asked what had happened. A speechless Tenel Ka could only point at the stone table. Anakin's body was gone! Aayla raised a hand to her mouth and gasped in surprise. Somehow the bolt of lightning had something to do with the disappearance of the body but the Twi'lek Jedi could not figure out the connection.

19. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    [face_shocked] Poor Kyp! Interesting twist with Danni. And Anakin's gone?! Ooooooo I bet I know where he is, or at least is gonna be... [face_devil]

~~Jilly

20. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I'm just betting all those Jacen/Tenel Ka lovers bribed you to do that with Danni ;)

21. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    I'm back!!!

Wow...that was really good....poor Kyp!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Kyp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Save him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    JainaDurron: yeah, I never liked Danni. So know where Anakin is, do you? Where could he have gone? Hmmmm, meditate on this, I will.

Spike2002: actually, this is not a Jacen/Tenel Ka fic. the T in J/T stands for someone completely different. bet you can't guess who. :p

C3SoloPO: fear not, our favorite rogue Jedi shall soon be saved... or will he? only time will tell. stay tuned for the next episode of Jedi Resurrection. same Jedi time, same Jedi channel. :p

23. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
  24. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    take a look in the sky. is it a bird? no. is it a plane? no. then what is it? it's the next post. :p

Chapter 9: Captive Audience

"This is just great," thought Jacen Solo.

The young Jedi Knight had been paralyzed by Vergere's tears and then handed over to Nom Anor. His body wracked with pain, Jacen tried to stand up but he couldn't. It hurt too much. The result of countless beatings at the hands of the Yuuzhan Vong. He had been stripped of all his personal effects, including his lightsaber. What made it all worse was that they were somehow able to cut off his connection to the Force. Without, he could not enter a healing trance. The Vong might as well have killed him. Certainly, death would be a whole lot less painful than what he was going through now.

Memories of what the shapers had done to Tahiri Veila ran through his mind, causing Jacen to shudder. They had altered her brainwaves, making her believe she was Riina Kwaad, a Yuuzhan Vong warrior. They had almost succeeded too. That all seemed so long ago. He was unsure of just how long he had been here. He didn't even know if here was still the worldship or had he been moved elsewhere.

As if to ward off the feelings of despair and loneliness, Jacen brought forth thoughts of Tahiri. The two of them had become close in the months before Myrkr. Remembering their first kiss brough a smile to his face. There was no denying that he loved her and that she loved him back. The memories of his girlfriend strengthened Jacen, giving him hope that he would somehow get out of this and return to her waiting arms. Inevitably, his thoughts turned from Tahiri to Anakin. Jacen's heart still ached over the death of his younger brother. He knew that he wasn't to blame for Anakin being gone but that didn't make it any easier on him. He should have done something. The guilt was overwhelmingly unbearable.

The two Solo brothers had not parted on the best of terms and Jacen regretted that terribly, wishing that he could have made things work out differently. And then there was Jaina. His twin sister's fall to the Dark Side had torn a huge hole in his heart. For the first time in his life, he was truly scared for her. The casual way she used Force lightning to fry the enemy warriors both shocked and crushed him. She too had been angry at Jacen. Jaina had accused him of leaving their baby brother alone to engage the Vong in battle, resulting in Anakin dying. If only time could be turned back and history re-written. That way, his family would be all be alive and happy. Alas, that was not to be. Tears streamed down Jacen's face as he let loose a long and anguished scream.

25. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Tsk. Moving in on his brothers girlfriend just cos he'd died. Sacrifice him I say! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.