main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Dawn of the Chosen One

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SkywalkerShine, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedipassion

jedipassion Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2007
    IC: Mavik

Mavik sits in the chair spaced out removed from the surrounding events only to come snap out of it and see Allene holding vinces hand and vince badly injured and mavik figured to himself, I think i should go now and get the stuff, it might be benifical to us. Mavik stands up and bows to allene and walks out and begins running towards his smithery. "Well hopefully no one has destroyed it, or tried to break in. I dont think it would be a good thing if all i had left was my sword." Mavik said to himself as he kept running knowing that they wouldnt be able to leave just yet.

Tag: all

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Vince Seward

[i]"You have a heart and choice, Vince. I don't mind if I fall. Maybe others out there, even Louis and the others here, might take my place. Especially Louis. He's blessed with a powerful light, equal to mine's. But know this. I will always care for you. No matter what happens."

Allene smiled warmly. She became unaware that she still had her hand on his hand.[/i]

Vince blinked in mild disbelief. And then he blinked again, absolutely speechless. As it was Vince was so astounded that Mavik's exit didn't even register, though he did not realize it was that bad. Nonetheless he managed to smile back: not his usual self-confident smirk, but an actual, heart-felt smile.

He wanted to tell her that he would always care too, that he would make sure she was safe, that as long as he was with her, he wouldn't let it come to needing a replacement. However, try as he might the words wouldn't come. So he settled for turning his hand over and holding hers, hoping that it would convey at least some of the thoughts running through his head.

The anxiety was still there: Innumerable conspiracy theories about what the Vampire Lord could attempt. But, for the moment at least, Vince wasn't overly concerned, besides, it would still take at least a few days for the Archerons to actually show up. And when they did, well, he wasn't going to hold back for their sake. He had more important concerns.

[b]TAG:[/b] Allene

3. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Allene Blair, Hotel room, Southern countyside of Ohio

Allene stared into Vince's eyes, as he held on to her hand. She then managed to smile back. Even though he was a vampire, Allene believed that he had a heart. There was one thing she realized. Not all vampires were bad. And if there were any good vampires, so far she met Louis and Vince.

The young woman glanced at the clock. It was now 2:00 am. "Oh. Well, uh... guess we should rest now." She slowly got up, and looked down at Vince, smiling timidly. "I'll see you... when I wake up," Allene said, chuckling nervously. She then turned, and held her hand with the other hand, blushing. She got on the bed, and closed her eyes.

She wondered what Louis was doing. And she hoped that Fran and Mavik would be okay out there by themselves. It was also good that John finally got some sleep, away from all the crazy things that happened. They would have to leave before the Sun rose up, if Fran finished painting the windows of the bus to block out the Sun. And Mavik would have to hurry, so that he wouldn't get hurt, being by himself.

Tag: All

4. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    OOC: Sorry folks, I have been a bit neglectful of my posting.

IC: Louis du Codroy

Louis had heard Fran's mention of Lestat and thought it funny. Thing was Lestat was too busy with his new vampire bride to cause any trouble. Plus he was across the pond in London, he hadn't been in the U.S. since that small little trip to Louisiana a few decades ago. Louis then walked over to the window, the moon still shown brightly, several stars twinkling in the distance, sending a soft soothing light into the room. He also saw various streaks of light as they zoomed across the sky. He recognized them immidiately.

"Well it would appear as though my grandmother is already here, and she brought the rest of the clan. The Archerons won't stand a chance with my grandmother here. She may seem old, but she could rip the arms off of one of those mercs with a flick of her wrist." Louis said, he was quite glad that his mother's side of the family was so quick to aid them. "Plus my grandmother hates father like the mongoose hates the cobra." he added with a grin. "We should be well protected when the Archerons come." he said looking over to Vince, then he turned to look at Allene. "Don't worry about them sucking on peoples necks either, they're the black sheep of the family, they only drink animal blood, usually something big like a cow so they don't have to kill it." he said to her, assuring her that those family members he had called were as safe as he was.

"Anyway, back to the wings you made Vince. Hadn't you ever considered flying without? I mean you are a vampire now, flying is one of the more enjoyable things in being one, that and our healing abilities and,in the case of this mission, being able to move silently. The only real drawback is the blood thirst, that I could do without." he said, his hand going to his throat. Louis then turned his face ack to the window as he saw the last few streaks pass by, his grandmother had done very well, when the Archerons came, they'd be crapping there pants faster than an infant.

TAG: Allene, Vince

5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Vincent Seward

[i]"Anyway, back to the wings you made Vince. Hadn't you ever considered flying without? I mean you are a vampire now, flying is one of the more enjoyable things in being one, that and our healing abilities and,in the case of this mission, being able to move silently. The only real drawback is the blood thirst, that I could do without."[/i]

Vince glanced down at the sofa he was sitting on. "Actually, the thought [i]had[/i] occurred to me. The problem, it seems, was in the circumstances under which I was turned." He pointed toward his abnormally elongated ears. "My ears weren't always like this, you know. Something bizarre happened when I got turned into a vampire. The bite left a really bad scar, my ears mutated, and as for flight..."

He glanced up with a cheeky smirk. "Never had it, never will. Hence the scarf." He shook his head morosely. "So either Yvette did something funny when she got to me, or there's something about [i]me[/i] that made everything go funky. Either way, the doctors never found anything wrong with me when I went in for the occasional broken bone or what have you."

He glanced out the window at the moving streaks. He thought about what Luis had said about his grandmother's forces. He hoped the assessment was right. He turned his attention to the rest of the room. John and Allene were asleep, obviously. Fran had gone to prepare the bus. That meant that all five of them were accounted for.

He froze. But there weren't five of them. There were [i]six[/i]. "Hey, Louis... where's Mavik?" he asked, a slight worry in his tone.

[b]TAG:[/b] Louis

6. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    OOC: That's okay, chanbill5390. I understand.

IC: Allene Blair, Hotel room, Southern countryside of Ohio

A few minutes later, Allene was almost at a state of sleep. It had been a long night, and the Sun would come up soon. If Fran was done painting the bus windows black, they would leave immediately. Suddenly, she heard Louis speak.

"Well it would appear as though my grandmother is already here, and she brought the rest of the clan. The Archerons won't stand a chance with my grandmother here. She may seem old, but she could rip the arms off of one of those mercs with a flick of her wrist." Louis said, he was quite glad that his mother's side of the family was so quick to aid them. "Plus my grandmother hates father like the mongoose hates the cobra." he added with a grin. "We should be well protected when the Archerons come." he said looking over to Vince, then he turned to look at Allene. "Don't worry about them sucking on peoples necks either, they're the black sheep of the family, they only drink animal blood, usually something big like a cow so they don't have to kill it."

That was a relief that Louis's mother's side of the family helped out. Allene would like to meet them someday. And about the Archerons... the thought about them scared her, even though she didn't know what they were. She pretended to be asleep, but listened on.

"Never had it, never will. Hence the scarf." He shook his head morosely. "So either Yvette did something funny when she got to me, or there's something about me that made everything go funky. Either way, the doctors never found anything wrong with me when I went in for the occasional broken bone or what have you."

Yvette? Who was Yvette that Vince spoke of? Allene slowly shook her head. "Wait a sec? Am I... getting jealous? Nah! I couldn't be... could I?" Allene thought to herself. Then she heard him mention about Mavik. She really hoped that Mavik would be all right out there, out of harm's way.

Tag: Any

7. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"Mavik probably headed out to his smithy to get supplies. I'm sure he'll be fine, he knows how to take care of himself, if it would make you feel better I'd be more than willing to go with him to check up on him." Louis said. "Though as I said that would likely be pointless right now." he added. He then turned to the window, facing the east and his father's fortress, just as the first bits of gray started to fill the air. "It's getting late Vince, we should probably retire for the day, conserve energy and all. I'll be on the bus see you when you're done." he added as he left the room, hoping Fran had finished blacking out the windows.

TAG: Fran, Vince

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

Vince sighed. Louis was right, Mavik could handle himself, and if he didn't get to sleep relatively soon he was going to be a mess come nightfall.

He yawned slightly, a million thoughts were still on his mind. He'd gotten beaten up enough today for an entire lifetime, and it was starting to wear on him. There would be time for all his concerns when he woke up. After all, it's not like they were going anywhere. He wearily got to his feet, plodding after Louis, and, implementing his standard no-coffin-available plan, promptly leaned against the wall of the closet, shut the door, and went to sleep. But not before leaving a note saying that that was where he was.

[b]TAG:[/b] None

[b]OOC:[/b] Short post, I know, but he's just going to bed.

9. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

Allene finally slept, after listening to Louis and Vince's conversation. As she slept, the young woman dreamnt about her father. They were both at the lake, where they usually had quality time together. Allene and her father were very close. But when he died, Allene grew close to her mother as well.

Her father, Daniel Blair, smiled down at her. She was sixteen, when he was going to the war. She pictured him kneeling down to her, tears forming in his eyes.

"My dear Allene. You're becoming a strong young woman. Great things will happen in your life. Don't be scared if the vampires take over the world. Always keep a strong heart. If I don't come back... take good care of your mother. I love the both of you..." After saying this, Daniel kissed Allene on the forehead. Then he hugged and kissed Bethany as well. He turned, and went on the military bus sadly.

Allene ran a few steps. Then she stopped, crying. "I love you, daddy!"

The words echoed in her mind like falling into darkness. Tears streamed down Allene's cheeks, as she continued to sleep.

Tag: Any

10. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    OOC: Sorry peeps, things been hectic

IC: Fran

Sitting on the hood of the bus, Fran painted the last corner of the main windscreen on the bus. He'd left a gap at the driver's seat, and inside had hung up some blankets so it was contained.
    It wasn't a bad job, it provided the nessicery cover. There was a section on a side window where he'd had to use a very dark pink instead of black as he'd started to run out. But mixing all the coloured paint together seemed to make a dark enough colour to block out the sun.
    Fran threw the paintbrush aside as he jumped off the hood. Climbing into the bus he started it up. It had been a while since he'd even driven a car so the start was a little jerky, and there were a few new dents in the bus by the time he got it to the motel parking lot.
    He walked over to the room door and knocked.
    "The bus is ready. Next stop: Vegas. Or wherever it is we're actually meant to be."

TAG: any

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: John Seward

There was a knocking at the door. Groggily, John glanced over at the clock. Judging by the time, it would be only about an hour or so until sunrise.

[i]"The bus is ready. Next stop: Vegas. Or wherever it is we're actually meant to be."[/i]

Who's voice was that? And where was he?

The hotel room. Right, that was where he was, the hotel room. And he had found Vince again. And he had teamed up with two vampires, a ditzy blonde, and a werewolf. "The vampire lord's quaking in his boots..." he muttered sarcastically, grinning slightly. He got up off the couch and opened the door.

It was the werewolf. What had his name been again...? John rubbed his temples in thought. For the life of him he couldn't recall... Actually, most of the things that had happened recently were pretty hazy. It was like waking up after an operation.

"Er... hey," he greeted, trying to avoid the subject of his addressee's name, "What's this about a bus? And why so bloody early?"

[b]TAG:[/b] Fran

12. jedipassion

Sep 9, 2007
    IC:Mavik

Mavik kept running until it felt like an eternity. Soon he came upon his smithy which seemed to be intact. He then grabed his keys and opened it up tunred the lights on and with new determination he set to work on the new blade and had to do it quickly. He first began carving a cross into the left side of the hilt and on the right side an old emblem that once was the symbol his father used to show he was apart of the revolutionary army. Once carved into a peice of metal he heated it up and began his long process of burning the peice into the hilt and then forced the curved blade into a slot he made for it to be held into and stuck it into the fire he prepared before he left. "This blade is going to be the one to end them i hope." he says as he pulls out the end of sword out and hits it with a hammer and closes off the end and cools it down. "There its all done, one scimitar." Then in a much faster hurry he goes into his room and opens a compartment and pulls down the ladder and looks around in his attic. "Ok where is it?" He says as he flips on the lightswitch to reveal infront of him a bag with the revolutionary symbol he opens it and finds two assuault rifle like guns and two pistols. He then immediately closes it and slides down the ladder,runs into his room grabs his broadsword and runs into the main room. "Well looks like i wont be back for a while. So i better shut down for now." Mavik then grabs the last of his things and heads towards a switch that temporarly shuts down the shop,pulls it and leaves and begins running again this time towards hotel and towards his fate.

Tag: none so far.

13. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

Later, Allene awoke, feeling all the energy she needed. When she got out of bed, a knock was heard on the door. She glanced at John who woke up as well, and answered the door. It was Fran.

"Er... hey," he greeted, trying to avoid the subject of his addressee's name, "What's this about a bus? And why so bloody early?"

She could tell that John wasn't the type to be disturbed. But she'd had to think about that later. Allene walked beside John, looking up at Fran. "You said the bus is ready, right?"

Tag: Fran and John

14. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003

Fran nodded.
    "Bus all ready. Not exactly a Pimp My Ride paint job but it'll do." He said. He strached the back of his neck, absent-mindedly. He was tired and it was almost daylight.
    "I'm not the best at driving it though," he commented before turning to John, "and it's Fran. Fran Carson."

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: John Seward

[i]"and it's Fran. Fran Carson."[/i]

John nodded in comprehension. He was clearly regaining control quickly, having already resumed his usual posture of cool, calculated movements. [i]Still, it'd be best to take it easy for a bit. Fighting with your emotions on your sleeves is a bit too raw for me...[/i] he reminded himself, nodding slightly at the thought.

"Yeah, sorry, guess I missed your name in all the confusion yesterday. I might be able to drive, if it's any help." He turned to face the blonde girl, the one his brother had teamed up with... The one [i]he[/i] had teamed up with, he remembered.

"I don't think I caught your name either, Miss...?"

[b]TAG:[/b] Allene, Fran

16. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    OOC: Sorry I didn't respond earlier, guys. But I'm still in the game! :D

"I don't think I caught your name either, Miss...?"

The young woman turned to look at John. Then she smiled warmly. "Allene. Allene Blair. Boy, you must've been real tired. But I hope you had a good night sleep." Allene then glanced at the closet. There was a note. It said something about Vince being in it.

She smiled, and went towards the closet. Then she opened it, revealing Vince. She knelt down beside him and nudged him gently. "Vince? It's time to go..." Allene said to him.

Tag: Fran, John, and Vince

17. jedipassion

Sep 9, 2007
    ooc: hahah im sorry but i cant help but make this joke >.> it made me lulz <.< (vince is coming out of the closet) sorry if it offennded anyone :(

IC: Mavik

After running for what seemed like another several hours he makes it back to the hotel and sees that the bus is still there but only with darkly coated windows painted. Mavik rushes into the hotel and runs to the room and knocks on the door and begins to breathe very heavily. "Wow i must be out of shape again, last time i ran that much was... Well lets not bring that memory back until after the situiation has an end to it."

Tag: all

18. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

When Louis had made it to the spot where the bus had been he was both shocked and angry that it wasn't there. He instantly ran full tilt to the hotel and lo and behold there it was. "Well I go to help you out and you've left already. Oh well." he said to Fran when he turned the bend into the hotel. "So I take it we're ready to go then he said as he saw everyone getting ready to board the bus. "I must say it should be a nice day for those who can walk in it. Should make for nice travel weather." he added pointing out to the early morning light with not a cloud in sight. "Regretably it also means I will be rolled up like an armadillo for most of it." he added wrapping his coat around him some more.

TAG: All

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    OOC: No offense taken, Mavik. :) I didn't notice that until you pointed it out, though.

The Closet

Vince had one of his better sleeps, dreamless and calm. A sort of warm blackness that came and left quickly, and didn't get too deep or convoluted or bizarre or all those other things dreams tended to do. And best of all it was just as refreshing, if not more so.

[i]Allene knelt down beside him and nudged him gently. "Vince? It's time to go..." she said to him.[/i]

His right eye flickered open. "Well, good morning-ish," he smirked lazily, his eyes filled with the haziness of recent waking. He stood to his feet and stretched, cracking his knuckles as he did so. "I guess that means the bus is ready, then," he grinned.

[b]TAG:[/b] Allene, any

[hr]
    [b][i]IC: John Seward[/b]
    Doorway[/i]
    [hr]
    John glanced over in the direction of the closet his brother had apparently been sleeping in. Who in their right mind slept in a closet, vampire or no? He rolled his eyes, Vince [i]had[/i] always been the eccentric one. Best to just right it off as another oddity.

He walked over to the sofa and grabbed his bag, checking the contents to verify that everything was, in fact, there. [i]Goldaming[/i] was on top, presumably replaced by his brother.

"I take it we'll be leaving, then," he said matter-of-factly, slinging the bag over his good shoulder.

[b]TAG:[/b] All

20. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"So it would seem, so if everyone would....Aaaaaaagh!!!" Louis shrieked as he clutched his head and fell to the ground, writhing in agony.

"Louis, you have dishonored your family, your race, your very existance!" boomed his father's voice from all around the room, true he was nowhere near their location, but his power was great. "You will pay for your arrogance, your traitorous behavior, your heresy, with your life." it added, the last words sounding as though they were enjoyed. "I will not let you lead these, snacks, to the foot of my throne." it continued, echoing into nothingness.

As the last words escaped into the room a dark cloud began to stretch toward Louis, crawling along the floor, reaching out toward his neck and chest. Louis was now grasping at invisible fingers that had wormed there iron tight coils around his throat, choking him. He could also feel an invisible hand slowly trying to tear through the fabric of his coat and to his flesh. His eyes darted around the room, finally resting on Allene, his eyes pleadingly calling to her. Louis knew the only thing that could repel this assault was the light her pendant held in it confines. Knowing the dangers, knowing that it could kill him, he still had to try, he needed her to save him.

21. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    OOC: Good one, jedipassion! [face_laugh]

As she was about to head out the room with her purple cloak on, Allene heard a voice. A frightening and menacing voice.

"Louis, you have dishonored your family, your race, your very existance!" boomed his father's voice from all around the room, true he was nowhere near their location, but his power was great. "You will pay for your arrogance, your traitorous behavior, your heresy, with your life." it added, the last words sounding as though they were enjoyed. "I will not let you lead these, snacks, to the foot of my throne."

Suddenly, she saw a dark cloud, which began to choke Louis! "No! Louis!!" The young woman saw that Louis was looking at her, as if he needed her help. Allene looked down and touched her Sun and Moon pendant. Then she glanced back up, glaring at the dark cloud.

Opening her mind and heart to the pendant, for the very first time, Allene opened the powerful Light at the Dark Cloud. "I send your ugliness back to the Vampire Lord! Tell him that the Chosen One has blinded you with the Light!!"

Allene could feel the power rise in her. It felt pure and safe. She also hoped that it wouldn't harm Louis much neither.

Tag: Louis and others

22. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

Louis watched eyes nearly shut as the living shadow desolved into the air, fleeing from the piercing light of Allene's pendant. The light was also causing him pain, but nothing compared to what his father had unleashed on him. It evntually reached the point where instead of pain it began to soothe and comfort him, like the embrace of a warm blanket while sitting next to a fire and drinking cocoa.

'Don't fear the light.' he heard his mother's voice whispering in his ear. With that he opened his eyes wider, to let the light in, the bruises that had begun to form on his neck fading away as the light poured over him. He didn't fear the light, in fact he was beginning to bask in it, the light comforting him, like how his mother had comforted him as a child after he had witnessed his father kill dozens of people. "You will one day be free of the curse we live under." she would say. "You will help heal the wounds of our people, both amognst eachother, and the other races. You are destined to help restore peace to the people." she would add holding him close, and Louis always thought that she felt warmer than most vampires, she didn't have the death cold embrace that most had.

Louis then sat up, the light now like a flashlights, still bright, but harmless. "You have saved me in more ways than one Allene." Louis said, he then bowed to one knee. "I thank you from the depths of my soul, yes I know hard to believe a vampire can have one." he added looking over to Fran at the last few words. "But now we have to hurry, the only way he could have been able to attack me that quickly is if the Archerons were near, I warrant they're less than ten hours away by now, by foot, six by wing, and they've been given full reign to do as they desire, we won't last long. We need to move fast and soon." he added. "LET'S MOVE!!" he shouted to everyone, grabbing what things they hadn't yet taken and piling them onto the bus, then taking a seat near the front, where he could give directions to his father's fortress. He then waited for everyone else to file in.

23. jedipassion

Sep 9, 2007
    IC:Mavik

"Wow, well lets rollll out!" Mavik says as he takes his 'bag o' weapons' and begins moving towards the bus with both swords in hand. "So Louis how you feeling? Are you up to the fight?" Mavik says with slight anticipation mixed with eagarness in his voice. "Sorry if i sound a little off right now, i guess when i know a major battle is going to come up i get kind of excited." Mavik says as he unzips his bag and pulls out both swords and puts them on the seat and checks the bag for grenades, pistols, assault rifles, and plenty of ammunition.

Tag: all, louis

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: John and Vince Seward

It was over quickly enough that neither John nor Vince had time to react, but what they both figured was that it was, indeed, time to get moving.

"You don't have to tell me twice," John quipped, strolling onto the bus with a coldness that seemed in line with his usual demeanor. Vince just smirked, [i]that[/i] was the little brother he knew.

Vince examined the doorway a few times before he, too, strolled out to the bus. Where exactly had that cloud come from? And moreover, what [i]exactly[/i] had it been? Clearly some agent or aspect of his former employer, but a little more specificity would have been nice.

He glanced to Allene and half-bowed in deferment. "After you, my dear."

[b]TAG:[/b] Allene, any

25. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003

After the extreme excitement, Fran just wanted to get going. He was tired and frustrated after that lightshow, and particularly with Louis' comment.
    "Vampires can't have souls. It would slightly go against the entire point, cause and situation of them being vampires." He said loud enough for them to hear.
    Storming out he saw John attempting the gentleman act. Fran didn't have time for this, he pushed past both of them and climbed on. Walking to the back of the bus he dropped his bag and slumped onto a seat. He's been up for a long time and his tiredness was starting to get the better of his instincts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.