main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dawn Over Endless Night (Z/OC, J/TK, J/J) UPDATE 2-5! Survey up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lusa_Thul, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalsy2025

Dalsy2025 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2002
    she sure "showed" them

2. Saturniia

Saturniia Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2004
    Oh, Deidra, Deidra, Deidra... conviction comes easier to the young.

3. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Lusa- HOW IN ALL NINE CORELLIAN HELLS DID I MISS SO MANY GREAT UPDATES?????? These are wonderful! Z/D is a great pairing. Keepeth it uppeth.

4. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Alright, so I lied and did get on today! Oh well. :) So many replies! I'm happy!

Agent_Jaid

Deirdra is going to have to rescue Zekk! YAY!! Go Dierdra!!

And just wait till you see what happens! [face_devil]

Dalsy2025

she sure "showed" them

Lol, yup, sure did!

Saturniia

Oh, Deidra, Deidra, Deidra... conviction comes easier to the young.

Yeah, but it was sweet anyway! :)

Vongchild

HOW IN ALL NINE CORELLIAN HELLS DID I MISS SO MANY GREAT UPDATES??????

Dunno. Shame on you! :)

These are wonderful! Z/D is a great pairing. Keepeth it uppeth.

Aww, thanks! I will! :)

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Go, Deirdra. It's your lifeday!

So, the Nightsisters-and particularly Lomi-are back! Go get your man, Deirdra!

Great post, Lusa.

6. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, next part! Nice and short! Mwhaha! [face_devil]
    Part 11

Passing thus alone,
    through the silent forest,
    many a grievous groan,
    sounded in her ear;
    When she heard a man
    to lament the sorest
    chance that ever came.
    Passing Thus Alone
    , Mediaeval Baebes (Original text excerpt from Mediaeval English poem, ?The King of France?s Daughter?.)

Deirdra crouched in the screen of brush she was hiding in, looking ahead and trying to decide what to do now. She had followed the Nightsister?s trail for the better part of the day, and had only now reached the end of it. In front of her the mountain rose sharply, its rocky surface standing out starkly against the grey winter sky. Located near the base of the slope was a dark cave. The footprints of the witches lead up to it, but Deirdra wouldn?t have needed that to know that was her destination. After a moments thought, she decided to wait until night had fallen before she attempted to enter the lair. Settling down, she prepared to wait.

When Zekk regained consciousness, he immediately regretted it. Opening his green eyes, he took in his surroundings. He was in a cell, that much was clear by the barred door, and the chain pulling his arms painfully towards the rock ceiling. In fact, the whole room seemed to be made of rock, without any windows, unless the door counted as one. All this was observed in a second, before he focused back on the problem at hand.

Lomi Plo stood before him, her eyes darker than the gloom of their surroundings. She smiled cruelly. ?So glad to see you are awake, my lord.? She sneered his former title, apparently taking great pleasure in reminding him of his time with the Shadow Academy. When Zekk didn?t reply to the taunt, she continued. ?I do hope you are comfortable. You will, after all, be staying with us for some time, and we wish to make your stay a pleasant one. And, just in case you were feeling inclined to leave,? She raised her hand, and Zekk noticed that she held a syringe filled with a clear liquid. With a quick movement, she jabbed it into his arm, and Zekk let out a gasp as his Force senses vanished. It was like a punch in the gut, and he would have double over if the chain hadn?t kept him upright.

Lomi laughed at his reaction. ?This lovely little drug numbs you midi-chlorians. It?s a little something the scientists at the Shadow Academy came up with before it was destroyed.? Thinking of the advanced cloaking and quantum technology the Academy had employed, Zekk had no problem believing that they could have created this. ?It was planned to use on any of Luke Skywalker?s defeated Jedi who proved to be too much of a problem. Like that little Solo brat you are so fond of.? The Nightsister added. Zekk snarled at her insult to Jaina, and she laughed before continuing. ?It?s only temporary, so you will be receiving another dose tomorrow, but until then you should be fine. And you most certainly won?t be lonely during that time.? Seeing his look of confusion, Lomi?s grin widened. ?Why, young Jedi, have you not met your jail mate?? The dark woman stepped aside, allowing Zekk a clear view of the cell across from his. He looked into it, and felt his insides freeze with horror at what he saw.

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, that's cruel!

Who is it? Is it Raynar? And the Force-suppression drug seems like a cool idea. It enables Zekk to be relatively helpless in a plausible manner.

8. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Wait and see! [face_devil]

Thanks! I think its a good idea too! I was gonna use yslamiri, but everyone uses them, so i came up with this! :p

9. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    GAAHH!! You can't just leave it hanging like that!! (no pun intended) Evil cliffie!!! MORE POST!! *stomps feet impatiently*

10. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    LU-SA!!!!!!

Great...

but with an evil cliffie

DON'T LEAVE US HANGING! (sorry, I had to say it)

11. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

...Lusa? If it's Deirdra? You're toast. :p Is it Jaina?! :D Are you going to hurt Jaina lots?!?! :D :D *hopes hopes hopes*

12. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Hehe, I didn't know cliff hangers could be so funny! :p Actually, its the only one in the entire fic, so enjoy! :)

AvenKiel

GAAHH!! You can't just leave it hanging like that!! (no pun intended)

[face_laugh] Actually, I think its funny, even if it wasn't intended! Puns amuse me. :D

Evil cliffie!!! MORE POST!! *stomps feet impatiently*

Don't worry! It's the only cliff hanger in the entire fic! :) It'll be gone soon! :)

Vongchild

LU-SA!!!!!!

VONG-CHILD!!!!! :D

Great...

Why thank you! :)

but with an evil cliffie

DON'T LEAVE US HANGING! (sorry, I had to say it)

Don't worry! Post tomorrow! :)

Agent_Jaid

...Lusa? If it's Deirdra? You're toast.

I like toast! :D

Is it Jaina?! Are you going to hurt Jaina lots?!?! *hopes hopes hopes*

That's not very nice! :( While I may not be very fond of Jaina (at all) I know I'd get slaughtered by mad fans if I did that! I value my life too much! :D

13. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, nest post is here! Yay! :)

Part 12

In the dark you can run
    from the shadows of the night,
    in the end you will find
    you are standing in the light.
    When you cry from the pain,
    tears will set you free.
    Search inside for your voice,
    you will find the key.
    The Voice
    , David Arkenstone

At first Zekk thought it was a skeleton which had simply been left hanging by its wrists in the cell across from him. Then he realized it was breathing. It might have been human, but was now so emaciated that it was hard to tell. Bloodstained rags clung to it?s scarred flesh. Zekk suspected that the pale, jagged marks had been made by Force lightning; some were old, hard scars while others were newer scabs, some of which still leaked blood. The matted hair and beard on its head were long and filthy with neglect, and it was impossible to discern what color they had once been. The pitiful creature raised its head, and Zekk felt the gaze of its broken blue eyes like a blow. But it was the sight of the face that caused him to cry out with horror. Despite the hollow, skull-like appearance it had taken on, and the despairing, hopeless look that haunted it, he recognized it. It was Raynar.

Zekk felt tears sting his eyes, but couldn?t look away. The Alderaanian boy didn?t seem to see him; his dead eyes drifted past Zekk, not even registering his presence. Lomi Plo laughed cruelly. ?Take a good look, Darkest Knight. This is your future.? Dark lightning crackled at her fingertips and Zekk bit his lip, refusing to scream as the first blot lanced into him.

Deirdra waited until night had fallen, before making her way up the slope, and into the dark cave. She pulled the hood of her cloak farther forwards, hoping that the shadow it cast would hide her face. The dark cloak hid her pale skin, and with any luck, no one would try to speak to her. Deirdra had learned a thing or two during her time as a resistance leader. One of them was that if you look like you are important and in a hurry, no one will bother you. She imitated the proud, powerful stride of the Nightsisters she had seen in the woods as she entered the cave.

It was more a tunnel than a cave, with little side passages leading off in all directions. It reminded her of the burrow of some animal. Reaching out with the Force, Deirdra tried to sense Zekk?s presence. She frowned slightly. She could feel him, but he seemed muted somehow. Turning, she headed in the direction his presence was coming from.

The path she had chosen lead steadily downwards, and Deirdra shuddered at the gloom that surrounded her. It seemed to go on forever, but just when she thought she could take it no more, she found herself in a small alcove. Peeking around the corner, Deirdra saw that she was at the entrance to a prison area. There were four cells, two of which were occupied. She barely spared a glance for the first one, however; her attention was fixed on the second cell.

Zekk was chained in it, hanging limply from the iron links that bound him. Lomi Plo stood before him, hurling lighting into him. Deirdra had no idea how long she had been torturing him, but it had been enough. Blood flowed from many of the burns that etched their way across his body. His shirt had been charred beyond recognition, and he was twitching spasmodically as the electricity coursed through his nerves. Deirdra had no doubt that if this kept up much longer, he would be killed. She cast about desperately for some way, any way, to distract the Nightsister. Her mind went blank, and she did the only thing she could think of. She screamed his name.

14. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    AND?????

*eyes glaze over waiting*

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

first post!

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, woah. Poor, poor Raynar. Please, please don't kill him!

And Deirdra spoke! Yayness!

16. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Vongchild

AND?????

Wait and see! :)

*eyes glaze over waiting*

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!

Tomorrow! Promise! I don't post on Thursdays, remember? It's Survivor Obsession Day! :D *Pulls out Buff*

first post!

Yay for you! :D

RK_Striker_JK_5

Oh, woah. Poor, poor Raynar. Please, please don't kill him!

Oh don't worry. I've got somthing special in minde for Raynar! [face_devil]

And Deirdra spoke! Yayness!

Indeed! More on this next post! :)

17. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Survivor obsession night! Yay! Can you check my new ficcy out please??? It's called Among the Stars

18. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Sure thing Vongchild! Ok, being as it is no longer Thursday, I can post! Yay!

Part 13

Let it be me
    (This is not a fighting song)
    Let it be me
    (Not a wrong for a wrong)
    Let it be me
    If the world is night,
    Shine my life like a light
    Let it be Me
    , Indigo Girls

?ZEKK!?

Zekk started in surprise as an unfamiliar voice rang through the dungeon. At first he thought it might be some hallucination his pain fogged mind had created, but when the Force lightning ripping across his body abruptly stopped as Lomi Plo turned away to face it, he realized it was real. Raising his head, Zekk blinked in surprise to see Deirdra standing at the top of the small flight of stairs leading into the room, the hood of her dark robes thrown back. In a smooth motion, she reached to her side, drew out a lightsaber ? his lightsaber, Zekk realized ? and ignited it, the orange blade shooting forwards with a snap-hiss. She pointed it at the Nightsister and in a low voice, rough and hoarse with disuse, but deadly nonetheless, said, ?Get away from him, or Force help me, I will kill you.? Zekk had no doubt that she meant it.

An angry snarl crossed Lomi?s face, as she also drew out a lightsaber. Zekk knew that Nightsisters did not rely heavily on Jedi weapons, but everyone at the Shadow Academy had received one. She must have kept hers, he supposed. Its red blade leapt out to face Deirdra?s. ?You?re going to need a lot more than the Force to help you carry out that threat, girl.? The witch laughed, taking in Deirdra?s small stature and slight build.

A small smile crossed the Jedi apprentice?s face, but she said nothing as the two closed distance. Lomi kept her blade in a low guard, an easy position to attack and defend from, while Deirdra surprised Zekk by gripping the hilt with only one hand, rotating her wrist, and raising the blade so that the hilt was level with her eyes, while the tip remained pointed down at the witch. He would also have been surprised to learn that she was more than prepared for this fight.

Deirdra had been trained to use an Adumarian blastsword since she was 10 years old. The weapon had fascinated her, and her parents had consented to her pleas to learn to handle it. She had fallen in love with the fast, furious fighting style and weapon, and had stuck with it despite the hard work and stinging bruises. Rather than try to fight two handed with a weapon she knew little or nothing about, Deirdra opted to treat the lightsaber as a blastsword. It was actually lighter than what she was used to fighting with, and she had to concentrate on balancing it correctly.

Those who had never fenced thought using a sword was simple, but Deirdra knew better. The slightest shift of your opponent?s wrist or even fingers could change the angles of the blade dramatically, taking away your advantage, forcing you to counter and regain domination of the engagement. It was a mind game played at a hundred miles a second; even faster if you were a Jedi, with a thousand different options that changed with every movement made. She watched the Nightsister, assessing her. She was tall, and strong, but tired from her Force lightning attacks. Deirdra was small and quick; when using blastswords, which attacked with the tip, this gave her an advantage. She could move in close to her opponent, and hit them, all the while remaining unscathed. This was lost with lightsabers, and Deirdra began thinking faster, creating a new plan of attack.

The two circled for a moment, exchanging a quick flurry of thrusts and parries, as they tested each other. Suddenly Deirdra exploded into motion, sweeping the tip around in a semicircle, which pushed Lomi?s lightsaber aside. She let the motion carry her to the witch?s left-hand side, and in a quick movement, grabbed her arm and threw her across her hip.

The dark woman hit the ground hard, but allowed her momentum to roll her up in a summersault to her feet. She faced Deirdra with wary respect, but before she could react the small woman moved again, smacking the red blade out of the way, a

19. Dalsy2025

Dalsy2025 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2002
    she talked!?

20. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Yup, she sure did! :D

21. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Wonderful fight scene!

Diedra's speaking manerisms seem a little Mara-ish, methinks....

22. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Thanks! I worked hard on the fight scene, although now that I look at it, I kinda went off on a little fencing rant. I fence, and also study historical fencing styles (not one of those reenactment people who dosn't know that they're doing! I actually read the manuals and stuff!) so I put a lot into that. That's also why I had Deirdra fight one-handed; I know more about that then two-hand. :D

Mara-ish hmm? Hehe, you're right. I actually based it on myself (Me and my ego! :) ) because it's easier for my to write that way.

23. Jedi_Master_Mouf

Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    that fight seen was awsome. . .though what you said about swordfighting angles is nice I can telly you put a lot into that

24. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    I just started fencing a few weeks ago and it's really fun! Mucho Gracias to my friend Gige for getting me into it.

Fighting one-handed is loads easier. whenever I'm lightsaber dueling with my cousin I go at it one-handed. I find it gives me more menuverability.

maybe my fight scenes always suck because I don't put enough thought into them?

Lusa, you rock.

your awesomeness is only diminished by the fact that you have not read Among the Stars yet. ;/ :p

25. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Jedi_Master_Mouf

that fight seen was awsome

Thanks! :):):)

though what you said about swordfighting angles is nice I can telly you put a lot into that

Thanks! Yeah, I did. I just sat in front of the screen for like 5 minutes trying to figure it out! Hehe. :D

Vongchild

I just started fencing a few weeks ago and it's really fun!

Yay! We can start a club! *high 5*

Fighting one-handed is loads easier. whenever I'm lightsaber dueling with my cousin I go at it one-handed. I find it gives me more menuverability.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I do lightsabers one-handed, too! :D

maybe my fight scenes always suck because I don't put enough thought into them?

Your fight scenes don't suck! Everyone just writes in a different way! :)

Lusa, you rock.

Why thank you!

your awesomeness is only diminished by the fact that you have not read Among the Stars yet.

Hehe. Actually, I started it! It's really good so far. I just haven't been able to get on the computer for long enough to finish! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.