main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dawn Over Endless Night (Z/OC, J/TK, J/J) UPDATE 2-5! Survey up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lusa_Thul, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Hehe! Mel's back! Yay! :)

DIERDRA SPOKE!!! *is thrilled*

Yup! Stay tuned to find out why...:)

(oh, and, Lusa? I don't "dislike" Jaina, I DISPISE her, her mother, her grandmother, and mon mothma )

Gasp! Finally! Another Jaina hater! *high 5* She drieves me crazy!

DIERDRA'S FEET ARE BEING TORN TO SHREDS!! THAT'S MEAN!!! *clutches her feet close*

Poor feet...

What's funny is that I just got back from a cope course training thing I did, and my feet have never been so cold in my life! I was wearing 3 pairs of socks, inculding a big think wool pair, and they were still ice cubes! Must be revenge for what I did to Deirdra's feet! :p

Yes Dierdra... live for Zekk... Aww...

Yay for aww-ness! :)

2. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    I don't hate Jaina as much as I hate CAPTAIN CARDBOARD!!!

and yes, it must be revenge for Diedra.

go read the new Among the Stars chapters!

3. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, here's a post for you! And now I'm going to go try to un-freeze my own feet! *hops off*

Part 17

Your two eyes will slay me suddenly!
    The beauty of them I cannot bear,
    so wounded is my heart straight through.
    Unless your words will quickly heal
    my wounded heart while it?s still fresh,
    your two eyes will slay me suddenly!
    Slay Me Suddenly
    , Mediaeval Baebes, (Original text, late 14th century English, from ?3 Roundels of Love Unreturned, by Geoffrey Chaucer)

The cave was closer than Deirdra had dared hope. It was nestled into a cliff side, facing away from the wind. A small fire already burned in it, suggesting that the witch had set up camp here shortly after Deirdra had left her. The Jedi was surprised to discover that all of their supplies had also been transferred to the shelter, including the sleeping bags and, to her relief, the medkit. The former Nightsister, who introduced herself as Amina Rah, passed it to Deirdra, before speaking. ?Your ship is nearby. If you will give me the access code, I will go and bring it here.? Seeing Deirdra?s nervous look, she added. ?I can pilot it well enough it get it here, but I do not know enough to escape with it. You must trust me. We need to get your friends help as soon as we can.? Trusting the Force, Deirdra agreed, and Amina departed.

Deirdra used what little energy she had left to send Raynar into a healing trance. The medkit did not contain nearly enough supplies to treat the extent of his injuries. Placing him in one of the sleeping bags, she turned her attention to Zekk. He had regained consciousness, and was watching her. Slightly unnerved by his intense stare, she busied herself getting out the medical supplies. The makeshift bandages she had used were frozen to his body, and after a moments searching, she found a small knife. ?Hold still, I need to cut these off you.?

She worked slowly, hoping she wouldn?t slip on the ice. Zekk said nothing, remaining still and letting her work. When she began to peel them off, however, he could not suppress a cry of pain. Deirdra winced in sympathy, but kept going. Finally, the former cloak lay in a ragged heap on the ground. Searching, she found some bacta lotion in the medkit, and began rubbing it on his injuries. A little more searching yielded bandages, which she put to good use. She had just finished when Zekk spoke for the first time since their escape. ?I never thanked you.?

?Thanked me for what?? Deirdra asked, confused, looking up from where she was tying off the last of the cloth bands she had wrapped around him. Her blue eyes met his, and she flushed slightly, looking away.

?For coming after me. For saving my life.? Zekk replied, relaxing slightly as the bacta began to numb the fire burning across his body. Once he was able to touch the Force again, Zekk promised himself that he would never again take for granted the ability to banish pain. ?You didn?t have to, you know. You could have escaped, gone back to Mon Calamari and gotten help. You didn?t?

Deirdra looked as if this possibility had never occurred to her. ?Of course I came after you. You would have done the same for me. Besides,? she added with a grin, ?I?m you apprentice. It?s my job to come and rescue you when you get yourself into a jam.?

Zekk had to laugh at that. From what he had seen, it was a typical Master/Apprentice relationship. He was about to speak when a low throbbing noise sounded from outside. Piloted by Amina, the Lightning Rod hovered outside of the cave entrance, the boarding ramp lowered. Deirdra swiftly packed up the supplies she had gotten out, before helping him to his feet. ?You get aboard, I?ll get Raynar.? Nodding, Zekk limped out to his ship.

4. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    escape-ness! kewlies!

Oh, and read my sig, Lusa. You'll get a kick out of it.

Yay! You read Among the Stars! :D

5. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Dierdre loves Zekkie!! Has she fixed her feet yet?

I found something confusing,

"Shifting slightly, she saw that the sun was breaking over the horizon, bringing dawn to what had seemed to be an endless night. She wondered if it would be the last sunrise she saw."

?There is a cave not far from here, where we can take shelter for the night. Follow me.? Turning, she led the way, Deirdra trudging behind.

Those two sentences are in the same post. Is it sunrise or sunset??

6. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    *raises hand* I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON! It's to show time has passed!

7. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Love your sig Vongchild! I'll go update mine to match! :D

AvenKiel

Dierdre loves Zekkie!! Has she fixed her feet yet?

Both of these issues will be addressed in the next post, so have no fear! :)

Is it sunrise or sunset??

Gasp, shame on me for such a silly error. It's sunrise, so I'll go edit that right now to make it clear! Thanks oodles for pointing it out! :)

Vongchild

*raises hand* I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON! It's to show time has passed!

Lol! Yay for you! *Pats Vongchild on head*

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Very nice post, Lusa. Deirdra's a pretty cool OC. And her relationship with Zekk's quite nice.

I don't hate Jaina...well, the correct version of Jaina. The YJK version's the good one. When she becomes a rhymes-with-witch in NJO, that's when I don't like her too much.

9. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    My thoughts exactly, Striker! YJK Jaina is awesome, NJO Jaina is not!

10. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, so apparently this whole predictable update thing means no one posts! :( I think I''m gonna havta start being spontaneous, and only posting if you guys do!

But I'm spineless, so I'll update today anyway! :)

Part 18

The woods and the rivers are silent,
    and the waveless sea is at rest;
    In their caves the winds are at truce and peace
    and in the dark night
    the white moon creates lofty silence;
    And we keep hidden
    the sweetness of love:
    Let love not speak or breath,
    let kisses be soundless, and soundless my sighs.
    The Woods and the Rivers are Silent
    , Mediaeval Baebes, (Original text, 16th century Italian, by Torquato Tasso)

While Deirdra and Amina Rah settled Raynar in Zekk?s cabins, Zekk plotted a course for Mon Calamari. Once the ship had jumped to hyperspace, he made his way back to the main cabin. He had just taken a seat when Deirdra entered the room. He smiled in greeting, but felt it fall from his face as she suddenly crumpled to the floor. Moving quickly, he picked her up, and carried her to the small couch built into the bulk by the hologame table. ?Are you alright?? He asked worriedly.

?Yes, I?m fine.? Deirdra said, ?It?s just my feet?? Shifting her onto his lap, Zekk gently lifted one small foot. He winced when he saw the bottom. It looked like a piece of raw, bloody meat, but he didn?t say so. Instead, he reached to his left, and pulled a medkit from a shelf. Deirdra bit her lip in pain as he rubbed bacta onto her feet, but said nothing. She had learned how to remain silent, despite the pain. Just as gently, he wrapped them in bandages, the best he could do until they got to Mon Calamari. To distract both of them from the pain they were feeling, he asked, ?You never told me how it is that you can speak now.?

Deirdra shrugged, her shoulder rubbing against his chest as she did. ?I don?t know. It just happened. I saw what she was doing to you, and I had to distract her somehow.?

?Just like that?? Zekk asked, feeling as confused as Deirdra looked. ?You didn?t use the Force, or anything.?

?No.? Deirdra shook her head. ?I just had to stop her, and that was all I could think of doing.? She looked thoughtful. ?Maybe that?s why it happened; because I needed to save you, the Force gave me a way.?

?You needed to save me?? Zekk asked softly.

Deirdra nodded. ?Yes, I did.? She whispered.

Barely aware of what he was doing, Zekk leaned forewords and kissed her. Deirdra let out a little cry, and pulled away, a flash of fear in her eyes. Zekk felt himself growing red, as he looked away, stammering, ?I?m sorry. I don?t know what made me?? Deirdra lifted one white hand, placing it on his lips, effectively silencing him. Gently, she ran her hand across his face, following the line of his cheekbone until she reached his hair. Burying her hand in it, she pulled his face to hers, firmly and deliberately placing her lips on his.

Deirdra had been kissed before, but it had never felt like this. Most likely, she mused as she felt his arms wrap around her, because she had never been kissed by someone she loved. It was unlike anything she had expected or experienced. When they finally pulled away from each other, Deirdra rested her head between Zekk?s neck and shoulder. It seemed to fit perfectly. She smiled as he held her tightly, resting his head on top of hers. Neither of them spoke, because neither of them needed to. It was enough to simply sit, knowing that the other was there.

11. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

AWWW!!! [face_love] [face_love] THEY KISSED THEY KISSED THEY KISSED!!! [face_love] YEAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

FINALLY THEY KISSED!! :D

Dierdra and Zekkie sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g.... *keeps on singing*

:p

Gasp! Finally! Another Jaina hater! *high 5* She drieves me crazy!

Same here!! :D *high five* Wahoo! :cool: Finally! Alone am I in my Jaina hatred NO LONGER!! :D YEEESSSS!!!!

*dances around gleefully*

That being said, do you have ANY idea how hard it is to write Hunting?? :p I keep wanting to kill Jaina off... :p

*is dragged back into her PSAT*

HELP!!! :_|

12. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Z/D is SO CUTE. [face_love] !! More soon!

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, yeah!

They kissed! They kissed! That was so sweet and mushy and perfect!

Still...ouchies on Deirdra's feet!

14. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Agent_Jaid

AWWW!!! THEY KISSED THEY KISSED THEY KISSED!!! YEAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

FINALLY THEY KISSED!!

Dierdra and Zekkie sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g.... *keeps on singing*

Lol! [face_laugh] I had a feeling you'd do that, Mel! :)

Same here!! *high five* Wahoo! Finally! Alone am I in my Jaina hatred NO LONGER!! YEEESSSS!!!!

*dances around gleefully*

Yay! *Joins in gleeful dance*

That being said, do you have ANY idea how hard it is to write Hunting?? I keep wanting to kill Jaina off...

Hehe, I never thought of that... :)

*is dragged back into her PSAT*

Be like me, and resist the PSAT! Skip skip skip! :D Of course, I can't do that with the SAT. Crud. :p

-Tenel-Ka-

Gasp! A new reader! Yay! :D

Z/D is SO CUTE. [face_love] !! More soon!

Arn't they, though? I have fun writing them! More soon, I promise! :)

RK_Striker_JK_5

Oh, yeah!

They kissed! They kissed! That was so sweet and mushy and perfect!

Thanks! I'm really really bad at writing mush, so I'm glad you think it worked! :)

Still...ouchies on Deirdra's feet!

Yup! I have a thing about cold feet! I always wear slippers and socks, even in the summer, because I hate having cold feet! So the worst torture I could think of for Deirdra would be to freeze her feet! :p

15. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    *helps self to a huge helping of Z/D mush* yum! Wonderful!

The oatmeal is boiling! <- the plot is thickening!

Keep it up!

16. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Vongchild

*helps self to a huge helping of Z/D mush* yum! Wonderful!

Why thank you! *Helps self to some*

The oatmeal is boiling! <- the plot is thickening!

Yum! I like oatmeal! Especially oatmeal hardcore! (pour the hot water into the little oatmeal package and eat the whole ting out of there! yummy!)

Keep it up!

I most certainly will! :)

17. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    In a effort to be inpredictable in order to make you guys reply more, I'm being sneeky and posting on Thursday! The Tribe has spoken!

Part 19

When I see the lark beating
    its wings for joy against the sun?s rays,
    until it forgets to fly and allows itself to fall
    for the sweetness that goes to its heart,
    alas! Such envy comes over me
    of those I see filled with happiness
    I marvel that my heart does not melt from desire
    Quan Vey la Lauzeta
    , Mediaeval Baebes, (Original text from ?Love for a Beautiful Lady? Late 13th century English, anonymous.)

Amina Rah made sure that the Jedi Raynar Thul had not been jostled out of his healing trance before leaving him in peace in Zekk?s cabin. Although she had never personally tortured him, she still felt strangely responsible for his condition. It confused her, like so many things this day had. Ever since the strange, pale Jedi girl Deirdra had spared her life, she hardly knew what to think. Amina had not joined the Nightsisters because of a desire for power. Rather, she had been exiled from her own clan over a petty dispute and an untrue accusation of thievery. With nowhere else to go, she had made her home among the dark witches, never as fully committed to evil as they, but certainly not living in the light. She did not know if it was possible for her to turn back, but small hope was better than none. Perhaps among the Jedi she could find a new life, and a new path.

She was just leaving the room, when the Jedi stirred. Amina turned, to find him regarding her with eyes as cold and lifeless as ice. Unsure what to say, she asked, ?Can I get you something??

He seemed to think about this for a moment, but when he spoke, his request surprised her. ?Do you have a mirror?? Glancing around, Amina hurried to the ?fresher, and retrieved one. Returning, she handed the mirror to the Jedi. He took it with shaking hands. ?Thank you. I need to know what I?ve become.? The former Nightsister felt her heart stir with pity as he looked, and beheld his ruined, hollow face. It must be hard, she thought, to have to face the fact that you have become something less than human. He closed his eyes tightly, but could not prevent the tears from sliding out beneath them, or his shoulder from shaking with suppressed sobs. It wasn?t for his ruined appearance he wept, Amina knew, but for the life he had lost, and would never be able to reclaim. In all his captivity, she had never seen Raynar cry. Silently, she rose, and left him to his lonely grief.

Hardly paying attention to where she was going, the blonde woman made her way out to the main cabin. Upon entering it, however, she stopped. The two Jedi sat together on a small couch by the hologame table. Deirdra was curled on Zekk?s lap, and they were both asleep. The peace she could sense around them ? a sharp contrast with what she had just left ? was enough to tell her something of what had happened. Silently she wished them well; after what they had done for her, it was the least she could do

18. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*perks up*

Are you gonna make it Raynar/Amina? :D

:D :D :D

:eek:

They were cuddling!!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] (zekk and deirdra that is :p) [face_love]

:D

awww!! [face_love]

19. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    I will hook Raynar up with someone by the end of this fic, but you'll have to wait to see who! Might be Amina, might not! :D

Of course they were cuddling! Its cute like that! :)

Glad you liked it! :)

20. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Hi! *multiple groans sound*

Don't worry, I promise to shut up. I'll just lurk.

21. Ylesly

Ylesly Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 9, 2004
    aww,aint that sweet

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Aw, Deirdra and Zekk, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G-

And Amina, it's not too late. Turn back from the drakness. Let Raynar be your guide.

23. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    flowerbee

Hi! *multiple groans sound*

*ignores groans* Welcome welcome! :)

Don't worry, I promise to shut up. I'll just lurk.

NO! Don't shut up/lurk! I'm trying to get people to post more not less! :p Besides, I like to have people reply! :)

Ylesly

aww,aint that sweet

Hehe, thanks! :)

RK_Striker_JK_5

Aw, Deirdra and Zekk, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G-

Hehe! [face_laugh]

And Amina, it's not too late. Turn back from the drakness.

She's not all that dark, but just enough to doubt herself. Whether she makes a turnaround or not will be seen! :)

Let Raynar be your guide.

Wait and see... [face_devil]

24. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Mush..... gawd.... make the mush STOP! Two mushy chapters in a row???? Lusa, you're becoming a hopeless romantic!!!!! :p

great, though! Keep it up!

AWWWWWW! *wipes tear from eye*

Raynar should become an asexual hermit, IMHO.

25. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Mush..... gawd.... make the mush STOP! Two mushy chapters in a row???? Lusa, you're becoming a hopeless romantic!!!!! :p

Hehe Vongchild! [face_laugh] Sorry! I can't really write mush, so there's only a little! :)

great, though! Keep it up!

Thanks! I have every intention of doing so! :D

AWWWWWW! *wipes tear from eye*

Hehe. *passes tissue box*

Raynar should become an asexual hermit, IMHO.

[face_laugh] You'll see what happens to him! Hopefuly you'll like it! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.