main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DayWalker: Blade, the Movies and the Series

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Koohii, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    So, Since I didn't see an active thread for these, nor one in the first 300 posts, maybe we need a new one.

Just started watching the TV Series on DVD.
    They're...
    A very different take.
    Really wish they hadn't wasted so much time on the soldier chick assistant. Either make her a series of her own or something, but far too much time is spent focussed on her, and espeicially in the pilot movie, Blade is barely present. I don't watch Blade to see some chick slowly discover her brother working for underworld vampires. I watch Blade to see a superhero slaughter vampires in a really cool, gruesome way.

2. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I really liked the first two movies, I thought the second one was awesome loved the fight scenes. The third one I'm not so crazy about, its alright but I thought it was a bit of weak end to the trilogy.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Blade: The Series ended up being surprisingly good.

Early on, for the pilot and first few episodes, it suffers from it's focus on Blade since the guy playing him is just doing his Wesley Snipes impersonation and kinda sucks.

But, eventually they start to realize that all the supporting characters were fifty times more interesting and so they started to focus on them more and just regulate Blade to being a sort of force of nature that comes in to kick ass when needed, which minimizes the actor's screentime and so his acting isn't as grating.

Only shame is Spike couldn't afford the second season,s adly, as the series was much better than Trinity (Ryan Reynolds aside).

4. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I love the series so much that I actually consider it as the real Blade 3. LOL. Yeah, too bad Spike couldn't afford a season 2. I bet if HBO had the show it would've lasted longer.

I didn't think Sticky was bad as Blade, I just think he sometimes tried too hard to be Wesley Snipes.

5. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I was laughing and cringing last night watching disk 3 (or was it 4?).
    They were making a big deal about the evil blond chick speaking propper English. Only problem was she was consistently using the wrong personal pronouns in a pathetic attempt to sound formal. "There are no secrets between he and I." AAAAAUURRRG! "Him and me" or "Us"! It's a prepositional phase! Objective Case, not subjective! And she did that about 5 times in as many minutes.

Even funnier was that a lot of her dialog was slipping from British accent to Australian.

What, does she not know the difference? Did the director not catch it?

Obviously the script-writer didn't know what s/he was doing.

It was almost as cringe-worthy as Helen Mirren as Queen Elizabeth running down the beach to greet the victorious Nelson crying "Is it Him?" like a disgustingly hormonal teenager. The Queen of England not using the correct grammatical structure? <sigh>. "Is it HE"

As for the series, once you get past the first painful episodes, it does improve rapidly. Oh well. Pilots (almost) always suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.