main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I need some of that Canadian cocaine.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

anti-monitor

3. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    For a moment there, I thought it was Thanos. He would really have been inevitable if that was the case. :p

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I was watching like the first 10 minutes of Arrow's season debut last night, but then I had to stop and rewind to the start because I felt like I missed some important information like a title card. If I had watched the first 11 minutes instead I wouldn't have to rewind to the start of the episode. I wonder if there will be more episode of Arrow like the season premiere. It's going to be weird not having Felicity around.

There was some cute artwork in last night's Flash. I'm digging the new Flash costume and the return of the chin strap to the mask.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    oh, he's a lot badder than taynos, pcc. and darkseid. and depending on which version, probably taynos and darkseid combined, really.

PCCViking likes this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm somewhat disappointed with the design choice for the character in the spoiler, as it not very faithful to the design of the source material, which the Arrowverse has been doing such a great job in doing. I'm sure the design choices were made to be budget friendly. That character is not a spoiler for those familiar with the comic book story line that serves as the inspiration for the upcoming "Crisis" in the Arrowverse. I can't wait for this crossover event and to see how the Arrowverse pulls it off.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    it sort of resembles the n52 take, i think.

8. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    heels1785 likes this.
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i'm a fan of all of the characters mentioned, and a canaries show would be fun, but i don't want them to hold anything back for a spinoff.

last night may have been one of the four or five best episodes of this series, and if amell and friends are to believed, this season is going to be a beast. hope they go all out - anyone can return, and nobody's safe. incredible show that deserves a wonderful end.

ma_petite likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Hopefully that means John Barrowman.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I could see the Black Canaries spun out into their own series with Laurel Lance and Dinah Drake, and Mia Smoak as the lead characters, especially if the Birds of Prey movie is a hit. I would suspect it would take place in Mia's timeline. They already sets everything up and put things into place.

And speaking of Arrow, Ollie has been the Arrowverse's Batman and that's another reason why I'm not feeling the Batwoman series as very Batman like. Ollie was fighting for his city and even had the tagline of "You have failed this city" before unleashing he brand of justice. I'm not sure what Kate Kane stands for or if she really cares about anything outside the mystery of her twin sister. So, yeah, I think the torch of Green Arrow should fall to the Black Canaries rather than Batwoman at this point.

As this being the last season of Arrow and a shorten one at that, I think that does open up the series to create more serious stakes and am up the story telling as they don't have to hold anything back or set up story lines for the next season. They can just wrap up Ollie's story and create a lasting legacy for the character.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Ok BW Ep 2 was better atleast.

14. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Oh Arrow, it’s only the first episode of the final season and I’m already crying. This is going to be a rough 9 more episodes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    TheAdmiral and Juliet316 like this.
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I watched the third episode of Batwoman and I enjoyed it as the show pivoted from being a Batman impostor to becoming Batwoman. I would have preferred the series start off with Batwoman as that's how she debut in the Elsewords crossover event.

17. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I tried watching Supergirl last night but its even worse than ever , Benoist is the only good thing about it now and she's struggling.

Sarge likes this.
  18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So I hear from my friend and my brother that they're kind of setting up the events of Crisis now in the current episodes before the big event..

Re: Flash / Arrow
    From what I've heard, Flash will need to die to prevent the Crisis. Obviously they're not going to kill off The Flash, so what is everyone's take on this?
    We know Arrow is ending so it feels to me that Ollie is going to be the one to sacrafice himself to save everyone during Crisis.
    Also, my friend said he still saw Felicity. I thought she left last season. Can anyone explain?

Also, he said something about bringing a good Canary from another universe. How many Canary's are there in the timeline now?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  19. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    have you read the original Crisis comic series?

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    No, but please feel free to spoil me away.

21. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    Well lets just say that major characters can die , but it's comic-land and they can be replaced by other-Earth versions or they can later come back from the dead or be re-booted , whatever.
    In the tv version I'd imagine that they'll not kill the same ones , but its the same thing , and if some actors are leaving...

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Flash and Supergirl were two of the major characters killed off in the original Crisis

heels1785 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The Batwoman theme has a chord progression notes that sound like Pure Imagination to me and I can't get it out of my brain every time I hear it.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    an on-screen partnership that has worked in every way, and apparently mirrors their off-screen friendship. i hope they work together on future projects.