main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    We got more about Black Canary in this episode, and that she has a connection to the League of Shadows/Ra's Al Ghul (and it seems that's where Merlyn got his training). With her seemingly having some connection to Laurel, one thought I have is that she is actually Sarah. The "is she still alive" story thread from last season was too short and unresolved for it to not have been a plant for something in the future.

I also loved Officer Lance's radio call-sign.

Ender Sai and Penguinator like this.
  2. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    This season's been pretty solid so far, particularly last night's episode. Interested to see where they go with the Black Canary-League of Assassins link; I hope BC isn't Sarah though (I'm a fan of side characters staying dead).

Penguinator likes this.
  3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006

This is going to be awesome.

4. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    The Ras Al Ghul drop was a nice one. Very cool. I just wonder how many times Lana errr I mean Laurel will be kidnapped and generally in trouble this season. Seems like every episode. Him not killing anymore has stretched the believability a bit more this season as well, you can't tell me those storm troopers err I mean gangsters can't even hit him once. Other than that the shows not bad.

5. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Really good episode tonight. I admit, I was skeptical with the Black Canary is Sara reveal, but they handled it very well. She's had some strong character moments and the little twists in her story makes me hope that we get a lot more of her.

I really enjoy the way they reference the larger DC universe- small references, nothing too "bash the audience over the head" (Talia al Ghul, possibly Richard Dragon??)

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So now we have Dr. Ivo on the good ship AMAZO. Very interested to see what's going on there.

7. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Well. Interesting developments to say the least. They've definitely increased the number of plotlines and characters moving around from episode to episode (maybe one too many, imo). I still want more island flashbacks :p

News related: They bumped the Flash backdoor/pilot from Arrow to a standalone pilot for Flash, this guy possibly to play Nightwing (though could just be a publicity thing),
    Ra's al Ghul's Daughter. The interesting bit is that it's Nyssa not Talia

Speculation on upcoming events:
    Solomon Grundy, born on a Monday...

8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    When are they adding Artemis?

9. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Arrow is just taking the comic book plots and running at full tilt and I love it.

10. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    On the thing with Steven R McQueen as possibly Nightwing, I'm unsure. If it's supposed to be the classic Dick Grayson and his circus background, I don't think he's the right fit. Admittedly he could do a lot of work to get the physique that will match the backstory like Amell did, and Haynes has been doing. But McQueen doesn't look like a gymnast/aerialist. But we will just have to see.

11. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I've noticed both mother and daughter Queen have syph-lips ... is this a part of character, or a coincidence of both real-life actresses' appearance?

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

The Grundy episode last week was good, it looks like Arrow will be:

a) getting a mask and b) tangling with Brother Blood this week. Interested to see if Flash gets action, and what happens with Slade.

This should be a really good one, this season has been outstanding so far.

13. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    I loved Barry Allen in last weeks episode, that was amazing.

14. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I'll tell you what happens with Slade, he finally becomes Deathstroke. The season will conclude with an Ollie vs. Slade showdown where Slade gets his eye shot out, but as we've seen before, Ollie's pretty terrible at killing people that way (Deadshot, anyone?). So Flashback Island will wrap up that Slade plot but then the final scene of the present-day storyline for the end of the season will be Deathstroke arriving in Starling City.

Or at least that's what I want to see :p

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    You think they'll wrap the flashbacks at the end of the second season? I'm hopeful that they'll extend a bit longer.

16. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I don't think they'll wrap them, but I think that'll be the end of Slade in the flashbacks. He's been promoted to series regular but we've barely seen him. Unless the show really starts divvying up the episodes, I think they're gonna try and get Slade as Deathstroke in the present timeline. If I had any sort of sway in the show, it's what I'd do, but then again I think Deathstroke is awesome.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    He's awesome- when he fought the "other" Deathstroke in season 1, I was out of my chair. I like your plan, as long as they keep things moving with the flashbacks.

Lots of potential for villain storylines going forward, too. You've got Brother Blood (who I don't see lasting longer than this season), then potentially Ra's coming after Merlyn, Merlyn himself, and then Deathstroke.

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I'd say that Ra's is going to be set up for next season, and that might mean he's shown on-screen close to the end of this season.

I'm really happy we don't have to deal with the Count anymore, though. Hopefully they've seen that having the actual Count Vertigo and not some Joker-knockoff called the Count selling a drug called Vertigo is a really good thing. Plus, they've been teasing the Suicide Squad for a while now - I wonder when Bronze Tiger will show up again?

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'd be all in favor of that. I hope Bronze Tiger is brought back, as well as Huntress. I think she, in particular, was done very well. With her reason for being in the story so connected to her father last year, it'd take something convincing to bring her back, but she'd be a great foil for Black Canary.

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I thought the Huntress was well done in that I disliked her TV portrayal as much as I disliked her in the comics :p

21. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Do we have any information on the other characters they'll be introducing? I don't know a great deal about Green Arrow, but I'm a huge fan of Artemis, and would've thought she'd appear before some of these characters that are more peripheral to his mythology.

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Artemis from the cartoon Young Justice? She's a a distillation of a few characters - she's got the name and family of the villain Tigress (which she uses when she goes undercover with the Light in the show) and the position of Green Arrow's female sidekick Arrowette. Artemis Crock from the comics is just a villain, she doesn't have the heroic qualities of the YJ version of the character, nor is she ashamed of her family and past.

As far as she goes, well...she's sort of last in line. Roy Harper needs to be Red Arrow (I'd say Speedy, but apparently that's Thea's nickname in the show) before any other sidekicks can be introduced. He's the first and best-known. It's possible they'll bring the Young Justice-style Artemis in, but I highly doubt it.

23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Or Roy can be Speedy if they off Thea which is what some speculated might happen last season.

What's most interesting to me at the moment is the Black Canary situation. They've pretty much gotten around the superpower thing with the sonic device, but there is simply no easy way to see Laurel, despite her self defense training, tangling with the opponents on the level that Oliver and Sarah have dealt with. Worse, Laurel has been such an unlikable character at times, that some fans want her to die and keep Sarah. That said, they could kill two birds with one stone. The League, specifically Lady Shiva, kidnaps Laurel. Laurel disappears for half a season or so, and when she reappears, she's sporting the same training as Ollie and Sarah. Then at that point she could become the Canary assuming Sarah's eventual death or retirement from the title.

24. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Yes, that one.

You have made me so very sad.:(

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    In the comics, Roy was Speedy. Then, like Robin, he grew up and became Red Arrow (after becoming a heroin junkie for a Very Special Issue).

Honestly? If they offed Laurel, I don't think I'd mind. We'd get rid of a character that's not doing much and there'd be genuine, good drama in her send-off. It'd be tragic, it could be touching, and it could be something that sticks with the characters - "We failed her in so many ways," that sort of thing. She's just so frustrating right now.

Ulicus likes this.