main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    He's got a proper hockey mask! YES.

This latest episode wasn't great or anything, but it's setting up a bunch of new stuff. I wonder if they'll ever do full episodes on Flashback Island? At some point, I'd rather they focus on one timeline or the other, because things are getting really interesting in the present timeframe. I like what they're doing, it's just that I need more of both stories right naow.

Also, with the Gotham TV show, we could (maybe) see Batman, or at least Nightwing. That'd be fun, if extremely unlikely.

heels1785 likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Did they ever confirm/deny that Nightwing was coming to Arrow?

Know it was a rumor from a few months back.

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Cool, I didn't know there was a thread for this show, but I'm not reading it because I don't want to be spoiled.

My friend shined me onto it and I was very hesitant because of the 10 wasted years I watched Smallville, but I'm happy to report that I'm enjoying Arrow. I'm 13 episodes into the 1st season on Netflix with only 10 more to go. I heard the 1st season does not disappoint and I'm definitely seeing some LOST and Batman Begins influences. There are times where it feels very CW, but I'm looking past that for now. I hope the writing and action continues into future seasons which I will watch once Netflix uploads them.

4. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Not to my knowledge. I do hope they do something like that, though.

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I mainlined this show on Netflix a few months ago and got caught up a few episodes before the mid-season finale. The last epi wasn't the best, but I do think it was a good set up. Mostly I enjoyed seeing Sean Maher as the bad guy. :)

I doubt they'll do a full flashback episode, there is too much that goes on in the present that they don't want the audience to forget what's going on or how it relates to who Oliver is now.
    I think they do a really good job balancing the present and the island, as I am the same as you... I need more of both stories!

I am very excited for the next episode.

laurethiel1138 and Penguinator like this.
  6. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    It's really nice that this week's baddie was dealt with in a really really simple way. Personally, I'm cool with episodes that don't have flashbacks - we don't necessarily always need one, and it'd be nice to have more story each week.

mavjade likes this.
  7. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    And Jesse L Martin has been cast as Detective West, father to Iris West. He took Barry in as a foster parent after the death of his mother and imprisonment of his father.

mavjade , Juliet316 and Penguinator like this.
  8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Ok, the end of tonight's episode was awesome.

Loved seeing Slade in full Deathstroke attire. Now there's a costume that definitely looks like the comics and looks great. I love that Slade is now in the present and can't wait to see what Oliver will do when he learns about it.

9. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    That was good to see finally. As was the fact that Oli is going to start training Roy. I was half expecting the reveal to take place at the end but it will be interesting in how long they try to keep the secret hold.

10. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I. Am. So. Hooked. On. This. Show. Can't wait to see more
    Sarah as Black Canary :D

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    It sort of feels like these two seasons are putting all the pieces in place - it's interesting, but I'm more keen on the payoff and having some more outright superheroics in coming episodes/seasons.

Revan_AnakinSolo likes this.
  12. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    Yeah. I think this season might just close out the Island. They are pushing strong and it would start stretching things for him to have been battling others for all 5 years for a relatively remote island. But thinking he has lost Sarah, Slade and Shado along with the obvious meat grinder it will have put him through would give him the experience and mindset for what we see in the pilot.

13. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    The Island is on at least year 2, and he was stranded there for five years, so it'd be kind of neat if they had him moving around a bit more or getting caught up in other things. Maybe the last year on the Island he's just completely alone, which is why he goes all wild man with the hair and beard. As it is, a lot is happening on Flashback Island, so we'll see how long that remains interesting.

14. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I wonder when we'll actually see Thea as Speedy?

15. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

Never. Please. Never.

I swear, that was the worst shout-out to the comics. Thea's a decent character as is; they shouldn't shoehorn her in to the overall mythos, especially not when Roy is right there and he's going to be training with Ollie.

16. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    A few more seasons I'd say. Most likely when Roy goes solo as Red Arrow and Oliver needs a new junior archer to train.

17. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    please no :p

18. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    They've given to many nods to it with the nickname and her 'impeccable aim' for them not use it eventually.

19. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    What Penguinator said.

Unless there is a valid, utterly compelling, and foolproof reason to make her take on the Speedy persona. It shouldn't be a box to check on a laundry list, but if they find a legitimate and organic way to make that transition, then we'll see how it goes. Right now, it's not necessary to the show. In the future? Who can tell...

Lauré :)

20. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Aren't we all forgetting Malcom is out there wanting Thea to be his new dark archer heir as well?

mavjade and Penguinator like this.
  21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    See, that could be interesting. But making Thea Speedy, Arrowette, or whoever just because isn't necessary.

22. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well if Malcom trains her into his dark archer apprentice her skills won't just go away after turning back to the good side...

23. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    True enough, but I still don't think it's a necessary or ideal storyline for the character. I like that Thea's genuinely trying to be a responsible, normal young adult. She's had a really great arc so far, and we're going to get tons of mileage out of her struggling with Roy's extracurricular activities. She's a great character because she's compelling without anything superheroic about her. Laurel (who I was ready to write off this season) suddenly became interesting again because of her whole caught-in-the-thick-of-it role. I like the "normal" aspect of these characters, and I like the idea that they're trying to make sense of chaos around them.

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    NIAWYC

If there are going to be any new main characters on this show, it's going to be Artemis. Or else there will be hell to pay.

25. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    First images of Katrina Law as Nyssa: