main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, that's not what I meant. But it's something she screwed up and now needs Barry's help.

2. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    They had enough scenes of Supergirl leaving work this season to suggest that she was at work when not on screen during office hours. Plus scenes of her and James in his office. You’re being ridiculous.

The first season really focused on bringing supergirl into her own at Catco. It was time to back off of that a little and let her be the superhero we all actually want to see. Except for one person who thinks we should watch a superhero show about a girl at work being a reporter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That wasn’t bad, except I have to complain about the writing, of course ;)

Supergirl: I can’t kill Reign, that’s not who I am, I have to time travel to fix it!

Two minutes later....

Supergirl grins as Sam beats the **** out of Reign, and forces water down her throat until killing her with a fate worse than death as shadow demons whisk her into rock.

I imagine that grin on Supergirls grid is a common occurrence...every two weeks when she sees a deposit in her bank from catco for doing sweet **** all.

Russian Supergirl is going to be awesome, that was a brilliant reveal.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    This show has gotten really bad , I just don't buy any of the characters at all ( except Supergirl) the acting is terrible .

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, the show is cutting back on some of the characters with Winn and Jonn leaving. Hopefully, that will make the show more streamline.

As for the season finale with Supergirl's code of not killing? Well, that make sense. But the time travel thingie didn't. I agree that was pretty bad and would have preferred to come up with a different solution. To me, it was lazy writing. I would have just preferred everyone being killed off by Reign. Anyway, Reign's second death came off as (from Supergirl's perspective):

[​IMG]

It just wasn't done as well.

And season four was certainly inspired by this:

[​IMG]

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah Reign going crazy and taking out three characters at once in her death throes was a jaw dropper of a moment, kind of wish they had stuck to that instead of time travel reset about 3 minutes later. Losing Winn is kinda annoying because he makes with the quips being The Guy in the Chair but maybe it'll give him something substantive to do on his return (since you know he's going to return, his goodbye moment didn't quite have the resonance). But they did have Brainiac 5 tease OG evil Brainiac so that would be super neat. And Communist Red Sun Supergirl could be solid because evil Supergirl was one of the best things about Crisis on Earth X.

Still, I have to say, overall my favourite scene in this season is pretty easily Reign's Christmas Beatdown on Supergirl. That was just nasty and excellently done. Also violence at Christmas I'm always a sucker for.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

yes

yes

and YES. batsignal.

cubman987 and Diggy like this.
  8. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Shame the Legends are not involved.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Diggy like this.
  9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Ha, I was thinking the opposite. Opinions, eh?

Rew, TheAdmiral and heels1785 like this.
  10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I like Legends but with them involved there are just so many people to keep tabs on and involve in the story - think it will be nice to have a smaller cast for the crossover.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I love when the CW's DCTV have crossover events.

And although I will miss the Legends not being part of it, there are two major characters from the DC world that will (nope it's not Black Lightning, at least for now and Batwoman has already been announced)...

Arrowverse crossover to feature Tyler Hoechlin's Superman, introduce Lois Lane

Batwoman will come face to face with Superman and Lois Lane (!!!) in the annual Arrowverse crossover.

EW has learned that Tyler Hoechlin is set to reprise his role as the Man of Steel in this year’s three-night crossover, which will mark Ruby Rose’s debut as Gotham crusader Batwoman, a.k.a. Kate Kane. He will appear in all three episodes, meaning fans will finally get to see him share the screen with Grant Gustin’s Flash and Stephen Amell’s Green Arrow; however, that isn’t the only major development. The CW will also introduce intrepid Daily Planet reporter Lois Lane in the epic event, too. Casting for the role will begin soon.

“We couldn’t be more excited to introduce Lois Lane to the Arrowverse,” said Supergirl executive producers Jessica Queller and Robert Rovner. “This dogged, determined and brave reporter will make for a strong partner to Superman and amazing addition to our universe of DC characters.”

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    In a situation like this, the threat shouldn't be so big as to require them. Batman's rogues wouldn't qualify. Dominators and an invasion from another universe does. And putting
    Superman in the story more than makes up for the absence of the Legends. This makes me think that Batwoman exists on Earth-38 and may be a way to push Bruce out of the story, but still leave the door open if it can happen.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

The crossover has been titled "Elseworlds," with the tag "Chaos is coming." The plot will heavily feature Arkham, as previously revealed, so this makes sense.

Notice the Wayne Enterprises building.

edit - also, is anyone opposed to merging Arrow/Flash/Supergirl/Black Lightning/Legends into a "CW-Verse" thread? It might work better than all of these individual ones.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think a merge is warranted.

heels1785 likes this.
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I may not have agreed to a merge a couple of years ago because of the problems of spoiling episodes, but I think the lack of postings in the Supergirl, Flash, Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow threads last season strongly suggest that no cares or drop those shows. So, yeah, merge away.

I'd also recommend to be put in the title of the thread "SPOILERS WITHIN" to allow the non-use of spoiler tags. I really think spoiler tags hinder the discussion.

Supergirl is kind of doing it's own Elseworld tale with it's version of "Red Son" from how last season ended.

heels1785 likes this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I watch Supergirl religiously. Flash and Arrow are the ones I usually get delayed with, but I try to get up to speed on both before the finale - Black Lightning and Legends, I have a season or seasons to catch up on.
    --
    I'll go ahead with the merge. Note that the other ongoing DCTV properties Gotham (FOX) and Krypton (SyFy) still have their own threads, as will the Teen Titans show on DCU streaming, if it turns out that anyone gives a **** about that show.

DarkEagle and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    @heels1785 are the shows in the titile in order of your favorite from best to worst? :)

heels1785 likes this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Haha - not exactly, but close. I've only seen one episode of BL - not a huge fan of the start of the 2nd season of LoT, so I stopped that one. Arrow's definitely my favorite, but I watch Supergirl the most, because of scheduling. Flash seems to be right in the middle, and has tapered off after the first two seasons, I think. Still good, though.

How bout you?

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I watch the four linked ones, and in order because OCD bull****. I'm usually quite up to date. I watch a few episodes of Black Lightning, and it was okay, but too many other shows, so I'm well behind.

heels1785 likes this.
  21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I was going to be a pain in the *** and ask for them to be in order of air date or alphabetical, but I guess it doesn't matter as I don't plan on watching them anymore.

Arrow was great, but then Flash replaced it as better IMO. I think I can say for certain that I've only really loved one episode of Supergirl, the one with Red Tornado I think. I loved Westworth Miller on Legends and when they killed him off and the whole Bebo/Bemo whatever his name storyline really jumped the shark and I don't care for the new addition/subtractions to the team so that show is ruined now.

Sadly, the Arrow storylines have decreased in quality each year and I'm tried of whiny Flash.

I haven't watched one episode of BL.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    Rew and heels1785 like this.
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    WHAT?!?

LoT sneakily became the best of the DCTV shows! They 100% leaned into how bananas it should be and is awesome... Black Lightning had maybe the best freshman season of those shows; a bit rough at times, but unapologetically what it was (which was awesome).

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Disagree a bit, Tony - Arrow had a really strong 5th season to bounce back, I think. Probably best since the 2nd, which is the high mark for all of these shows, actually all non-Netflix (read: non-Daredevil) live action comic shows imo.

Last year was okay - not nearly as bad as the 4th season, but a slide down. Like most of these shows, the strength of the main villain really determines the quality - Arrow's best seasons were when he was battling Merlyn, Slade, Ra's, and Prometheus.

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Bebo being a highlight of the superb banananananess

Sith_Sensei__Prime, Abadacus and dp4m like this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I think the structure of The Flash Season 1 was excellent. Establish the characters, their personalities, and how well they work together. Insert a little bit of doubt over one of them and then BOOM, big reveal cliffhanger at the mid-season finale. Then the show takes a small break and picks back up, keeps that forward momentum while giving us a great story and satisfying ending. From there, in future seasons, the time travel stuff got too convoluted, Flash became flawed so he could grow, but he never learned from his mistakes so for every one step forward, he took two back. The plot armor of certain characters and the horrible weekly/yearly villains haven't done the show any favors.

From the trailer for the newest season, his daughter is now a factor and it feels like it's going to be another season where he's hesitant and will second guess every decission as (1) doing SOMEthing might erase her from existence, but also (2) doing NOthing might erase her from existence...so hard pass. I don't want to go on that journey.

Arrow Season 1 had the perfect pairing of island flashbacks to current events off island. I fell in love with this show. Season 2 was okay and had some forward momentum, but I can't remember much. I remember a boat and the Russians and Slade, but that's about it. From there, it becomes a convoluted mess involving his whiny sister, whiny girlfriend who becomes a whiny waste of space superhero who ends up getting herself killed. Then came Felicity and that was great, then it wasn't, and then it was great again. Quentin was awesome, most of the time, but then there was the drinking and he never bounced back from that plot line.

Now Oliver is in prison and the **** villain from last season is still alive because Bad Laurel is just as stupid as Old Laurel. Done and done with this show.

Supergirl they couldn't figure out, and then they lost Cat Grant who was the one pushing Supergirl to be better. So with no one to push her, everyone became a SJW, and we're all supposed to be rooting from them because why? I quit after the show went on break and didn't finish the whole Reign storyline and don't care. Anyone who's supposed to be running a company and disappears without notice for hours/days/whatever wouldn't still be running the company when they came back. Garbage logic, bad writing, and horrible acting are ultimately why I've said goodbye to this show.

Legends, as said above, was bananas and that made it worth watching. It didn't take itself too seriously and it was a welcome fresh air after how serious The Flash and Arrow had gotten. But as I said above, it went a little too bananas and I just don't care anymore.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Rew like this.