main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If you don't subscribe to the CW in Canada you need to subscribe to 3 separate networks to watch the crossover - Flash is Netflix, Arrow is Space and Supergirl is Showcase. also a time machine (or a DVR) because Flash hits Netflix on Fridays, when is part 1 airing on Sunday on CW, and Arrow and Supergirl are on Monday and Tuesday on each night. It would have worked if CW had made Part 1 a Supergirl episode on Sunday but for some reason Part 1 is a Flash episode.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I wager it's because parts one and two are more Flash and Green Arrow centric, with part three being more Supergirl due to the evil Superman.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    5 minutes, east coast. This should be awesome.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    SMALLVILLE THEME!

That was incredible. Now 24 hours to wait..

Also,

I hope that was Batwoman’s theme as Oliver said “we’re going to Gotham City,” and she was standing atop what I assume is Wayne Tower at the end (shot was an homage to Batman TAS). that was ****ing epic.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Actual picture of dp4m home at that moment:

[​IMG]

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Very enjoyable.

And it’s not even Tuesday.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, that was a real deep cut Buffy joke there too... (also, Smallville was the same night)

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    From tonight/part 2:

=

SA was tweeting about the Nolan trilogy a few weeks back, so I assumed there would be some references to it - Arrow used a lot of them during the lead-up to and the actual Ra's season. They really do make these crossovers for the fans, first, it seems like.

Also, sounds like that theme from the end of last night's episode is indeed the new Batwoman theme.

9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I didn't realize that they changed the order to be Flash-Arrow-Supergirl instead of sticking to when the show aires to force the story to start on Supergirl and flow to the other shows. The writers are definitely learning and hopefully there wasn't much red tape to rearrange the airings.

As for Part 1, I did set it to record on the DVR it so I'm going to attempt to watch it when I work out tonight. I have Dragon Ball Super to watch instead as a backup if my eyes roll into my head from the cheese. I can already hear the cheesy there-is-something-peculiar-going-on music in my head that will be playing when Iris kisses Ollie and it's already making me cringe. I don't know if I'm going to be able to do it. [face_sick]

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Tony, I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised. There's some humor and a few moments of cheese, but it's an action-driven episode, as the crossovers tend to be.

BigAl6ft6 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  11. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I loved how they tried to retcon why Arrow is such a dark show and Flash is so lighthearted. That’s been a huge complaint from fans about Arrow for a long time. Now there’s no reason to complain about it because they gave it an in universe reason. So much love for the writers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I also liked when the other characters told Barry Arrow speak in a growling voice like the original Ollie Arrow.

What I like about the crossover events is that it allows Barry to play the fun and lighthearted character to contrast Ollie. Since season two of The Flash, Barry has been pretty much a downer too, leaving Cisco and Ralph to pick up the fun and lighthearted role.

heels1785 and Diggy like this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    That was so much fun I basically watched it twice. I have a CW sub so I could watch The Flash on Sunday (It is due to land on Netflix Canada on Tuesday which is unhelpful) and my cable box freaked out at about the 20 minute mark so I had to watch the West coast broadcast again in 3 hours to catch the 10 seconds I missed cuz I'm a OCD TV nerd. And c'mon it was Lois Lane big introduction scene! I had to! Remy Zero's "Somebody savvveee me!" playing was worth it.

As my knowledge of Flash and Arrow is almost entirely limited to the crossover episodes - well maybe a handful of non-crossover Flash episodes ontop of that - this still was a lot of fun from the opening scene onwards. Ollie Flash saying "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!!" was really hilarious, I guess Arrow says that a lot. Barry Arrow saying it to Amazo really did seem kind of badass though. I did watch last week's The Flash which was cool as Barry jumped through his TV series past (also Barry has a future grown daughter now? okay) but the only thing that led to the crossover was the teaser. The same teaser they used to open this episode, AGAIN. At least they made it much shorter this one.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    @heels1785 you were right, I did enjoy it. It also simultaneously made me happy that I no longer watch any of these shows. Iris is still the worst and I'm not a fan of the actress they chose for Lois but there hasn't been a good Lois since Margot Kidder.

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Really I thought the Lois actress they picked was the closest I've seen to Margot Kidder since, well, Margot Kidder.

"Deck 'em, Barry! What? He's a jerk!"

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I really like Elizabeth Tulloch's Lois - she's strong, funny, and has natural chemistry with Hoechlin. Holding out hope for another great CW Superman show.

It’s going to take at least one more viewing to unpack that 2nd episode. It was, like Arrow is typically to Flash, much more complex than part 1.

Kneejerk reactions:
    Diggle = Earth-90 Lantern? (John, you're not wearing your ring!)
    Batsignal scene great, like that Oliver thinks/pretends to think Batman's not real, so he's still the most famous vigilante
    Nolan Bane Mask yes yes
    Cobblepot and Nygma are in Arkham
    Lots of talk about Bruce - much more than I expected
    Worlds Finest - bring it on!
    Crane toxin was a nice touch - so much Batman lore
    Kate is great, small sample size but looks like another casting home run
    Officers Diaz, Merlyn, and Deathstroke Jr. lol
    Curious if that’s Prime or just an alternate world Kal, or maybe Deegan as Superman

Amazing so far. Can’t wait for tomorrow.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I found that episode a massive let down. Too much Bruce talk, and Batwoman was underwhelming. I dunno.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  18. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I didn't pick up on any of the chemistry but just my take concerning Elizabeth Tulloch and Tyler Hoechlin. I'd think I would need to see more of her to see if she'd grown on me. IMO, I got more of a Jessica Jones vibe than a Lois Lane vibe from Tulloch.

Also, I'm not up on my Superman lore but when I heard
    Argo mentioned, I thought of Argo **** yourself, which I'm sure is not the intent. I've heard of Kandor, just not Argo. I'm guessing it was mentioned in Supergirl?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yes - it's a city on Krypton, and Kara's birthplace.

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I agree the episode didn't live up to the hype; especially with Batwoman. I think that's all we're getting from Batwoman in this Elseworlds crossover. But, I suppose this is just an introduction of the character and Gotham in preparation for a spin off show in spring next year. And speaking of Gotham, it didn't look too bad from the roof top.

The Bruce talk didn't bother me because there's some online discussion where a Batman actually existed in the Arrowverse, as some contended that the shows never specially stated that Batman existed, but just that Bruce Wayne did.

I was hoping there would be some parallel earth jumping, like to the earth where the TV show "Gotham" takes place.

[​IMG]

Kara and Mon El visited Argo City for an episode or so.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Diggy likes this.
  21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Is that her mom in that last picture? Her aunt? Hologram? What's with Mon El's outfit? Is he a superhero now? Is he still with that other girl he was frozen in time with on that ship?

22. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    I'm a big Batwoman fan, though even though I was hesitant on the casting, I decided to tune in for the crossover. I was surprised I enjoyed a decent amount of when the main three are just hanging out, given that I'm not generally a fan of these shows. Ruby Rose on the other hand.... was somehow even worse than I expected. I can't think of a single line she didn't make cringe-y. It's really evident in her scenes opposite Benoist, who I've always felt was pretty damn good casting for Supergirl and brings a lot of personality and life to the part, while she's acting opposite a plank of wood.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm not going to use the spoiler tag for what happened in Supergirl a season or two ago.

Erica Durance is Supergirl's mom and she's alive on Argo City; not a Hologram. Supergirl's aunt was killed in battle by Supergirl's sister, Alex by a kryponite sword.
    [​IMG]

Yes, Mon El is a superhero of the future as he joined the Legion of Superheroes.

[​IMG]

He traveled by in time to save the frozen girl, Saturn Girl, to whom he's married to, which was a total bummer on Supergirl when she found out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    re: Kate, I wish she'd been given more screen time. When we met Barry or the Legends through existing shows, they were an integral part of multiple episodes. I liked what I saw, especially the out-of-costume conversations with Kara. Hopefully Batwoman is picked up.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, I generically like Ruby Rose and think it's insanely idiotic to judge a performance based on a backdoor-pilot with 5m of screen-time... I never even watched "Barry on Arrow" as the backdoor-pilot to The Flash... and we all know how my pre-judging Benoist before Supergirl premiered worked out! :p

heels1785 likes this.