main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes the world isn't ready for a spinoff.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    His show is way, way more watched than a GA spinoff... :p

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  3. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I desperately want a season where Barry, Oliver and Kara hang out and kick ass. The chemistry between those actors is amazing. You can see where Stephen and Grant are trying really hard to keep it together in some of the scenes and they are just having a ball playing each other. I adore this crossover.

Heels - Amell posted a picture last night and tagged Ramsey in it so they’re definitely going that angle.
    green lantern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl6ft6 and heels1785 like this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    No one saw this though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    IS... is that even real, or is this something out of, like, Entourage?

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    It's real, but never aired like that Wonder Woman pilot starring Adrianne Palicki.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    TiniTinyTony likes this.
  7. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    ving rhames in aquaman

that would've been tight!

9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Man, I don't know. I'm gonna miss bein' disreputable.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That was a neat pilot episode of Batwoman. I guess I can kiss my headcanon goodbye that Gotham takes place in the Arrowverse. It's interesting that they sidelined Batman/Bruce Wayne, a bit more definitively on Supergirl than S1 with Clark/Superman. That established that he was still around so they had to eventually bring him in but from the jump Batwoman is saying that he's gone. Whenever Bruce/Batman disappears I automatically assume Ra's Al Ghoul is behind it but hasn't Ra's already popped up on Arrow? but the in joke references to Ollie hating the fact that Batman is around and convinced he's an urban myth and Barry geeking out about it was great.

Oh and the Bane mask and Psycho Pirate and Doctor Crane's fear toxin, that was awesome (and series creator Marc Guggenhiem on a name on Arkham cell). Rose as Batwoman was kind of terse but the suit looked great and Bat-family characters are supposed to be terse hahahaha. I would guess Jeremy Davies, if he survives, would be a part of the Batwoman show.

Interesting to note that Supergirl knew the whole Bruce Wayne/Batman thing because in her universe Batman and Superman are totally a thing, although it took me awhile to realize/remember that. Kara saying that her cousin and Bruce were "frienemies" clued me in. But shout out to World's Finest Supergirl and Batwoman potential team-up.

Everyone loves see those 3 main actors together and I sometimes wish they could all just be on each other's shows. I also kinda dug Kara's light blue jacket. Very Supergirl. Oh, all those rooftop night scenes made me wonder, they shoot Supergirl in Vancouver in the winter, hopefully they have some heating for poor Melissa Bennoist on those nights if she has to be outdoors in the Supergirl skirt.

Anyway, big deal, probably not going to be resolved in the next episode - Monitor straight up said there was going to be a "Crisis". I restate - Monitor said there would be a crisis. On multiple Earths. On Infinite Earths. Anti-Monitor! Dead Supergirl! All universes collapsing into one! So that's one way to firmly put Supergirl in the Arrowverse is if they Crisis on Infinite Earths it. And don't kill her (although they already did the classic Superman holding Supergirl pose). But, yah, you don't have the Monitor say there's going to be a "Crisis" without your endgame being Crisis on Infinite Earths, goshdarnit. next year, probably really probable. That's how they get that Supergirl / Batwoman to regularly crossover by mushing together realities. Crisis!'

Also Psycho Pirate was in this. And Psycho Pirate is the only one who remembers the pre-crisis reality merging. Infinite Crisis! Not today but next year, totally.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Crisis On Infinite Earths, next year

Need a Superman show, stat. And these crossovers keep improving, year to year. I liked 1 & 2 a bit better than tonight, but as a whole, it was great.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and ma_petite like this.
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That was maybe the 3rd or 4th best Lois Lane across all media? Show me the lie?

That was fantastic, and the close-ups of Psycho-Pirate in Episode 2 was not wasted for the stinger of the Elseworlds finale!

Barry (on Alex): "Badass in any universe!"

@heels -- was that John Henry Irons' hammer, or was it something else?

13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    What did Ollie do?!!!!

He clearly made a sacrifice of some kind. Is this why Arrow is so screwed in the flash forwards?

Also, that announcement at the end, seems like they must be pretty confident in renewal hopes for the big three. Unlikely that Arrow ends. Legends is still always up in the air (but I hope it survives as it is my favorite show)

The real question is, will they go all out for Crisis?

Superman, Lois, Lex, Kara, J'onn, Brainy, maybe bring back Mon-El, Saturn Girl, and Winn?
    Arrow and team arrow, plus Arsenal, maybe Speedy?
    Flash and team flash, plus XS, Jesse Quick, Jay, hopefully Wally?
    Legends and perhaps some past legends like Firestorm (could be alt. Ronnie or Stein)
    Batwoman and her team whoever they turn out to be
    And lastly, Black Lightning, Thunder and his crew

IF they wanted to, they could include Black Lightning in this type of an event and still have it not affect the main show. They opened the door to that with Alex Danvers Earth-1.

Lots of awesome potential. Really going to be interesting to see what they do to Flash though? Seems like the next season of Flash almost has to build to this moment. Which begs the question of how they deal with the aftermath if Crisis is due to occur at the end of 2019.

And yes, one of my top Lois Lane portrayals. Evoked Margot Kidder, Terry Hatcher and Eric Durance with a little bit of Dana Delany for good measure. She can hang with Iris West - who is currently the standard I hold all super partner portrayals to.

14. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Dang your all so excited. Going to have to go back and catchup on last years and this years seasons.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    John Glover’s just tweeted out a tease that he’s avoiding the barber for the next year with a screenshot of the Crisis logo from tonight and #Luthor. Rosenberg and Welling recently partnered with Amell’s wine company.

Smallville is so going to play a role in Crisis.

dp, I don’t think that was Steel’s hammer, just a cosmic weapon of some sort from the Fortress.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Yodaminch like this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I also have thoughts that they may go totally insanely wild...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plus Earth-2, Earth-3, and all of the Earth-X folks who survived, Ray, Citizen Cold, etc.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Also, I forgot...
    [​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

That way they can recreate this:

[​IMG]

And still have it be resonant as it's sort of Kara's parents... and not kill Kara... :p

18. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I have it on pretty good authority that this is a leaked screenshot from the next event. The CW DC Heroes will battle...
    ...all the Red Rangers!
    [​IMG]

But seriously, concerning Elseworlds...

Part 2
    Super dark and not as fun as Part 1. There were some jokes, but I felt they fell flat. Ollie and Felicity are having problems? I stop watching the show and things never change of course, but that storyline just mirrored what they just did with Flash and Iris. It was meaningless and hollow.

Also meaningless and hollow, Ollie fighting Reverse Flash and Flash fighting Merlyn. Sure, I knew it served to help Barry and Ollie understand each other's past more, but I didn't feel the fight carried any weight. And one flying kick punch from Batwoman sure made the toxin wear off pretty fast. Kind of unrealistic compared to how "Batman Begins" handed the toxin.

Batwoman did nothing for me. I don't know enough about Supergirl that she seemed to be a semi authority on her Earth's Bruce Wayne, but she didn't mention her being from another Earth, but in the end Kate knew her secret? Well of course she does for no reason. Also, with Batman being gone for 3 years in this universe Batwoman really sucks at her job for the city to go to hell.

Part 3
    So the doctor, in the form of "Bizarro" Superman, said he had trouble re-writing reality because they - Superman and Supergirl - aren't part of the current reality on Earth 1. Then, out of nowhere, here comes Alex. If she's a nobody on Earth 1 then how does she get re-written into the narrative and how does doctor/"Bizarro" Superman know who she is? He doesn't know their relationship on Earth 38 because he just says he doesn't know her reality. He lays down the logic of the episode and in the same scene that logic gets thrown out the window.

Other than that, I thought the finale was lack luster. Ollie makes an off screen deal to get a special arrow to stop the book. I couldn't tell if he was moving slower or just slow motion to look cool.

Also, we get the reveal that Lois was pregnant at the end. She didn't look pregnant in her Superman 2 / Fortness dress, but every other scene she kind of did. I wonder if had the reveal earlier to add weight to the episode and then changed their mind. I did like her a little bit more, but still too Jessica Jones-esque for my taste.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Bitsie Tulloch is pregnant in real life.

20. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Aww, makes sense. Thanks for that bitsie of information.

Overall, I'm glad I watched Elseworld, as I did get some joy out of it, but ultimately it reminded me that this universe and lack luster writing is no longer my cup of tea. I won't be returning to watch the regular season.
    I do enjoy a good Smallville reference though. I think it would be a huge missed opportunity if they didn't have Shawn and Aaron Ashmore play the Trigger Twins in the future.

As for the next event, I don't know much about the comic version of
    Crisis on Infinite Earths, but will this combine all realities into a single reality allowing Supergirl, Flash, and Arrow to finally all be same world instead of traveling from Earth 1 and Earth 38 all the time?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Most likely, yes.

22. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Amell was on Rosenbaum's podcast leading up to this new Arrow season (as was Welling, previously), and although they didn't know each other at the time, SA sounded like he revered Welling for being the trailblazer of sorts for himself, GG, and MB, in many different aspects.

It's great to see Welling doing a lot more convention work, re-connecting with fans. I hope to see him on this next crossover - the pipe dream is an animated continuation of Smallville for the DC streaming service. Fingers crossed.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    He was also on Lucifer this past season, as well, so another DC property...

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yeah, he spoke about that at length during his own interview. Other than Draft Day with Kevin Costner, that's his only other really big role since Smallville ended.