main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Cue The "Super Friends" Theme! - DC "CW-verse" Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarkEagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    is that braille on the walls ?

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Nope.

It's never really stated on the show, but it's assumed it's design and material is from the future to keep that room undetected from present day tech and people, as that room contains an A.I. from the future called Gideon.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Also, for the 100th episode, was that the return of the Morena Baccarin Gideon-voice? :D

Right, so the "time language" -- I suspect it does have something to do with the Crisis, but suspect it's more Speedforce-related -- and Thawne figuring it out and trying to decipher it (and therefore the Speedforce) -- rather than him inventing it. But I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

4. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
  5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Technically, our world would be Earth-Prime.

Earth-2 is the home to Harrison "Harry" Wells, his daughter Jessie "Quick" Wells, Dinah Laurel Lance/Black Siren and Hunter Soloman/Zoom. He pretended to be Jay Garrick, who is from Earth-3.

Earth-19 is home to Cynthia Reynolds/Gypsy and her father, Jason Reynolds/Breacher, as well as H.R. Wells.

Earth-X is also known as Earth-53, but was re-branded in later years and considered forbidden to travel to. When Harry and Hunter first talked about the Multiverse, they withheld the number of actual known universes. Both claiming that there's only 52 universes, but "Crisis On Earth-X" and "Elseworlds" just revealed that to be false.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Titans will be available on Netflix on January 11th.

I've only watched the first two episodes on DCU, but it's exceeded expectations thusfar. That seems to be the general consensus online, 82% for the first season on RT with an 81% audience score.

Season 2 teaser's already been released, with

Superboy and Krypto

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I have a subscription to DC Universe so I watched the whole series already. Overall, it's good. It's violent and there is quite a bit of cursing. Dick Grayson is the star and is given the most character development. Kory is given a strong character arc. Rachel is the overall season 1 plot. Only Garfield gets the short end of the stick. He doesn't really join the group until 4 episodes in. Additionally, the first season spends a lot of time world building but in doing so, it breaks the momentum of previous episodes.

Hawk and Dove in particular lead to this problem. That said, the acting is good and the characters are entertaining. Probably my favorite episode was Donna Troy. They nailed her character and her insertion into the show was perfect. I also enjoyed Jason Todd and what we saw of him. Doom Patrol appeared for one episode and were great, but then the show just sort of moved on. It felt like they should have had two episodes to give Beast Boy more development.

Unfortunately, I was not a fan of how Season 1 ended and we now know that's because the writers wanted to end on this cliff hanger. The problem is, there is no real suspense given the way it ends.

8. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    It would have been neat if,
    they had Kevin Conroy voice Batman, much like Mark Hamill did the Joker in "Birds Of Prey".

9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Anyone plan on watching Young Justice Season 3 on the DC app? Are all episodes available like Netflix or is a weekly release?

10. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I think it's a weekly release. As much as I would like to get the app, I can't justify paying for it yet. I will get it on DVD/Blu-Ray.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    So it doesn’t look like Mr. Cavill is done with Supes or DC. According to Jason Momoa.

If this was posted 3+ weeks ago - oops.

Speaking of Henry and Jason:

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    man I hope the Supergirl episode they have to cover up that Bennoist was shooting the crossover isn't another Teen Kara and Alex adventure.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    All DC CW properties have been renewed for next year. Supernatural for Season 15.

These things run forever.

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    They've shown the Eastern European / Russian whoever she is Red Supergirl in 2 episodes in a row, maybe we'll finally figure out where the hell she's from.(she did send out a pulse that mutated people across the sea via drug pills that were electrocuted. It was weird but Kryptonians shooting out electric is a thing, although I did get the feeling that meant she was manufactured) Still calling that she is Earth 1 Kara but, y'know, dimensional jump or whatever.

Been steadily watching Titans, it is watchable although very grimdark but I really like the actors and characters which keeps it going. Robin being murder-y is weird, though, and they did a whole Flying Dick Grayson Orphan flashback that they pulled off without showing Bruce or Alfred in any meaningful way. Which was sort a both cool stylistic decision and also kinda cheap.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yay.

And yet Gotham is ending in a handful of episodes.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Eh, I think it's out of the Mirror World that Reign/Other Woman was -- this is just a manifestation of the split.

However, the person the Russians are working with is definitely Lex...

Sith_Sensei__Prime and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yah I totally forgot how it ended aside from a brief bit of time travel business but that tracks it would spin off from the duality lady last year. When Reign kicked the bejesus out of Kara (On Christmas! In front of the kids doing Christmas shopping!) was basically the highlight of that plot.

Lex working with the Russian crew sounds great. with Clark off world he needs SOME Kryptonian to torment!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Itsy bitsy spoiler from the last Flash:

Remember in a previous episode Nora mentioned something about "when Grodd fought King Shark"? I bet I'm not the only one who thought, Ooh, need to see! Then in the last episode when Barry was seeing Nora's memories of the Flash museum, there were little kids playing with action figures. Grodd and King Shark action figures. They were fighting. Need to see more!

20. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    It’s now here in Japan. Still waiting for Gotham S4.

Also have Green Arrow and The Flash.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Forget that spoiler, this one is more interesting.

[​IMG]

Red Death was mentioned as one of Barry's foes.

Though I suspect that if "Arrow" will get renewed for a ninth season, it'll be Red Death Oliver Queen as part of a Dark Multiverse crossover event. Though, I wager that they'll just make him a doppleganger of Barry, or Thawne or Solomon.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    New Doom Patrol trailer, featuring Cyborg.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I wish they'd stop including Cyborg, if he's going to look this poor. Huge budget, small budget, he looks just as bad. Smallville's version was the best live-action to date, because they didn't even attempt the CGI.

I understand that he's a unique character, and it's great to not see all white everything in these movies and shows, but it's ultimately disrespectful to the character and actors playing him.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Anybody else watching Black Lightning? It took me a while to get into it, but I just finished season 1 and it's really grown on me. I got burned out on Supergirl's heavy-handed SJW writing and expected more of the same, but BL handles that stuff much better; it comes naturally from the story and characters instead of being shoe-horned in like SG's stories.

I just wish he'd get a new supersuit. That thing is ugly. Here's hoping for a better costume in season 2.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Black Lightning doesn't get a new suit in Season 2, but I agree that it doesn't look good. The flashback to the earlier version of the Black Lightning looked better as it was sleeker.

Sarge likes this.