main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph DC: Infinite Crisis

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Raven, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I certainly enjoyed Infinite Crisis, these past couple years I've been getting into DC and this sold the deal.

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Me too. It solidified myself as a DC fan first, and a Marvel fan second (which had been the opposite for many years beforehand).

3. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    OK, I've been noticing something really odd and this thread seemed like the best place to comment on it because it's to do with stuff from and after Infinite Crisis.

I read the New Teen Titans comics and own the TPB where they go to their future and find out that they're villains("TEEN TITANS: The Future Is Now"). OK, we see Superboy has grown into an evil Superman, basically looking like Lex Luthor with hair. Here's where I get into spoilers: Now, you may think "well, that can't happen now, because Superboy died" but hear me out here. In the One Year Later series Robin is attempting to re-clone Superboy, right? What if he succeeds and it's THAT Superboy who the Teen Titans met when they went to the future.

It's entirely possible because Tim/Batman makes references to "The Crisis" and when young Tim asks the future Superman "What did it, Conner? What changed you?" to which Superman replies "You did". This could be reffering to Robin succeeding in recloning him. Also, Cyborg 2.0 mentions the Crisis, then trails off after saying Superboy's name. Obviously that means something happened to their Superboy during the Crisis. That could eaily be the whole dying and coming back to life thing.

So basically I think that Superboy is gonna come back, but it may not nessicerily be a good thing.

Does anything of what I've just said made any sense to anyone?

4. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    It makes sense, but remember that the future is currently in a state of flux due to Boosters actions. Things that should happen haven't and things that happened didn't.

5. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    Yeah, that was a potential future (and I just recently picked up that book myself... I doubt they knew Conner would die when that was written...) I seriously doubt Conner will be back any time soon, and I think Prime's involvement (who was trapped in a place that existed outside of time), mixed with Booster's messing around, deviated from that potential towards a new one. And besides, what happened to the Justice League? I somehow doubt the world will revolve around the Titans in the future with no old Supes or Wonder Woman running around to help and mentor... and even then, they wouldn't be THAT old.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Conner's death was planned well in advance, according to Geoff Johns and Dan DiDio. It never had anything to do with the Superboy rights issue. The point is that Booster somehow changed history and thus the events of "Titans Tomorrow" will no longer happen. Bruce and Tim are back on an even level again. Most of the Titans were affected by the death of Conner.

7. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

Yep. That future was a future that was only possible if Conner survived. Since Conner died, even if he does eventually return, that future is no longer possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.