main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends [DDC 2018]The Journal of Marcus Indupar (Son of Talon Tantiss)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jul 2, 2018.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Very confusing for Taz. But it will work out I hope.
    Now some nice bachelor parties?

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks. Poor Marcus is now marrying his aunt. But really, the only way Mark and Kira could guarantee that Taz stayed in contact with Marcus would be if she had family in the palace.
    I was thinking about giving him a bachelor party but I doubt Marcus' mother would approve. A king can't go out to a bar. The security would be a pain.

I am winding down this story. I think there will be an epilogue after this entry. I really hate ending this series of stories, but I have been writing about the Tantiss family for almost seven years. All good things must come to an end.

Entry 48

Separating State and Church is much harder than I thought. There was a lot of push back from both sides. The union of church and state has been a tradition for over eight hundred years and not one to break lightly. My lawyers are not confident that it can be done in my lifetime. That left me with convincing the church to allow me to marry somebody not of my faith.

Of course, the High Priests say it cannot be done. “The King is the leader of the church. It is sacrilegious for the leader of the faithful to marry one outside the faith."

I surprisingly ended that conversation quickly. “Then you leave me no choice but to abdicate.”

The High Priest stared at me in shocked disbelief. “Sire, you can’t do that! You are the Chosen! The fulfiller of our prophesies.”

“Well,” I said with a smirk. “You will just have to find somebody else to fulfill the position of God, prophet or whatever other title you have bestowed upon me…because I can abdicate. That is one thing that I absolutely have the authority to do without permission from anyone. I will abdicate, turn over the throne to my cousin Lady Racine and then I will sell whatever family possessions not owned by the state and leave Indupar forever….with my bride.”

The elderly cleric turned pale and I had to run over and grab him before he collapsed. I guided the man to a chair and fetched him a glass of water. He took a sip and quietly stared down at the floor. “You would do that? You would abandon your people, your church?”

“Your Eminence,” I said softly showing deference to this church elder. “I would do anything for the woman I love. If you didn’t try to block my marriage, I would have never considered leaving the land of my birth, but you leave me no choice.”

He cleared his throat before glancing up to me. “Perhaps a special dispensation from disparity of worship can be obtained from the church council if your future bride agrees to not interfere with your religious duties and allows the children from your union to be raised as members of the church.”

I smiled widely. “I am sure that can be arranged.”

Entry 49

I hate weddings. Well, not really. I just don’t like wedding planning. Usually it is the bride that becomes a major pain in the backside when it comes to the details, but Taz is just as frustrated as I am. Everybody that is anybody is expecting an invitation. And I mean EVERYONE! I was told it would be rude not to send invitations to all the galactic heads of state. There are hundreds of worlds in our galaxy and each has a leader or leaders. Of course, I planned on inviting my family, that included the Solo, Skywalker, and Tantiss clans. I just didn’t want my wedding to be filled with statesmen that I don't know, but felt obligated to invite.

I then had an idea. I would ask for Grand Master Skywalker to wed me and T’Zana a day or two before the church wedding. This way I can just have my loved ones at the ceremony without strangers interfering. Another reason I would like the Grand Master to perform the ceremony is he is the one who wed my grandparents and also my father and Zylie. It would be carrying on a family tradition.

Entry 50

This is the happiest day of my life. It may not be my official wedding day, but it is a far more warm and intimate celebration. The Grand Master agreed to do a ‘Force-binding’ ceremony at the Jedi Temple on Ec Pand. The guest list included all of my father’s family and also my mother and aunt.

Taz has met most of the Tantiss family, but there were members of the Skywalker and Solo clan she hadn’t met yet. I introduced my future bride to Emperor and Empress Fel, Anakin Solo and his family, and the Skywalker twins, Jak and Owen. The Horns were also in attendance. I consider them extended family because my Uncle Jaden married Jysella Horn.

The ceremony was very emotional. Emotional enough that I really don’t want to record how I got all choked up when reciting my vows...and then got a little lightheaded...and after swaying slightly...my stomach started lurching nervously. No...I think I will just skip over that sappy part and get to the party afterwards.

Taz and I did the bride and groom dance and then a call went out for the parents of the bride and groom to join us. My grandparents walked out to the dance floor. I was expecting my dad and Zylie to follow suit, but instead I saw my father whisper something to Zylie before he walked across the dance floor and extended a hand out to my mother as he asked her to dance.

I got all choked up seeing my mother in my father’s arms. The last time they held each other was before I was born. I know my dad no longer has any tender feelings for my mother. No, he asked her to dance out of respect for me. I felt a lump form in my throat and tears mist my eyes. Taz smiled and whispered in my ear. “You're a big softy.”

I was going to deny that accusation, but I feared my voice would crack with emotion if I tried. Instead I simply nodded.

I felt bad for my mother. She never had any long-term relationship after she broke up with my dad. She dated a few men on occasion, but nothing ever lasted.

Taz and I returned to our table when the song ended. My father smiled at my mother and gave her a platonic kiss on her cheek before returning to his wife. Mom looked gloomy, until a man in Jedi robes walked up to her, spoke for a moment, before taking her in his arms and slowly swayed to the next tune played. The man’s back was to me, so I didn’t recognize him at first, but when they did a pirouette on the dance floor I realized it was Valin Horn.

I closed my eyes and shook my head. Valin Horn was one of the biggest lady’s man in the Jedi Order. I considered warning my mother, but something stopped me. Maybe it was my mother’s smile. She was having fun.

We all danced and talked for hours. Eventually we had to break up the party to allow us to get ready for the formal wedding the next day.

Taz and I boarded my shuttle and returned to my flagship and prepared for the short hyperspace jump to Indupar. We walked hand-in-hand to her cabin. I fully intended on maintaining my chastity until the official ceremony, but Taz had other ideas.

She pulled me into her cabin. As the door slid shut behind me, she wrapped me up in an ardent embrace. “We’re married and my parents are on another ship.”

Her hands ran over my tunic as they followed the curve of my pectoral muscles before moving to my back and then down until they rested on my backside. “You can stay the night.”

I was waiting for this day for nine years…actually eighteen years if you count the double set of memories I now retained. Eighteen years of memories with at least ten of them full of sexual frustration. I felt her warm breath on my ear as she nibbled on my earlobe. “Why should we wait another night?”

My stomach did a quick summersault as my pulse quickened. My brain faltered for a moment, but luckily my body appeared to know what to do in the absence of a coherent thought. The next thing I knew, I had scooped Taz up in my arms as I carried her to the bed. As I laid her down I smiled at her nervously. “I love you.”

She pulled me down onto the bed with her and captured my mouth in a kiss that made my head reel.

Why wait, indeed.

And…that is all I can write about that night because I am a gentleman.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL and SQUEEEEEEEEE! What a delightful solution: a private, "this is our actual" wedding, followed by natch the actual wedding night [face_laugh] [face_love] Marcus' Dad was a true gentleman as well, treating Marcus' mom to a dance and then Valin comes along. [face_thinking] ;)

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely. A nice weddingceremony among friends and that night LOVE

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Valin and Ema are about the same age, so he would be a good pick for her.
    Thanks. I wanted them to have time with their family alone.

I think this might be the end of the series. I don't know. Maybe next January I will get the DDC bug again. Thanks to everybody who has been reading over the years. I hope you enjoyed my OCs. I had a lot of fun writing their stories.

Entry 51

It has been months since my last journal entry. It is amazing how little time I have to journal now that I have an active sex life! Ha! Seriously, married life has been treating me well. Queen T’Zana has become a favorite of my people. She enjoys traveling among the five Indupar Crown Worlds and visiting charities, hospitals, military bases and other philanthropic organizations. She has founded a number of charitable organizations. One organization made me raise an eyebrow. She started the Stop Slavery and Sentient Mutilation Foundation. It not only attempts to thwart sentient trafficking, but it assists in the rehabilitation of those unlucky souls that forced to endure amputations or other mutilation during their captivity. As far as I know, Taz doesn’t remember the disfigurement she endured in her alternate timeline…and I didn’t tell her. I asked grandpa and he didn’t tell her either. I just find it an eerie coincidence that she has taken such a strong interest in a subject that so brutally affected her in another life…but it is a great cause and I fully support the charity.

Zylie had her baby. It’s a girl! They named her Samantha or Sami for short. Dad is happy. He now has two boys and two girls. He said Sami made his family complete. My grandparents are thrilled to have a new addition to their family.

Some other happy news is Talon and Zara Karrde finally retired and decided to settle down near their grandchildren. They couldn’t decide whether to live on Ec Pand to be near Valla and Ben or on Indupar where Zylie and my dad live. I made the decision easier for them. I acquired them quarters on both planets.

I hope to be more diligent when it comes to journaling, but Taz has been keeping me busy…really busy. I guess that is why we are now expecting! That’s right! T’Zana is pregnant! She is only a couple weeks along, but my family is overjoyed. We haven’t announced the pregnancy publicly yet. I know once the news is out every photographer and reporter will be hounding me and Taz. I would like a respite from reporters. They have only recently slowed down their “Royal Couple” spotting articles of late.

My grandmother was excited until I announced, “You are going to be a great grandmother.” Ha! I think that made her feel old. She told me, “Taz is my adopted daughter…so your baby will be my grandchild.”

It is weird to think my kid is both grandchild and great grandchild to my grandparents.

There has been another recent development in my family. Last week I went to see my mother…which I do often. It was early morning and I wanted to talk to her before my daily meetings started. I usually just walk into her quarters like it was my own, but yesterday I got a surprise of my life. She’s sitting across the dining table having breakfast with Valin Horn. My mother looked startled and blushed, but somehow managed to maintain her composure. “Marcus, if I knew you were coming over, I would have made you breakfast.” She glanced over to Valin who was trying to suppress a grin. “Valin stopped by a little while a go to…talk and I offered him breakfast.”

On the surface it didn't look too suspicious. Mom was dressed in casual clothing and Valin had his Jedi robes on...but something was off. I looked the man up and down. He was wearing his Jedi cloak, but I noticed he didn’t have any boots on, and I don’t think he had pants on either! “Mom, that story would be much more believable if Jedi Horn was actually wearing trousers.”

Her slight blush turned bright red. She took a few calming breaths before continuing. “Marcus, I didn’t want you to find out like this.” She glanced over to the Jedi. “Val and I have been seeing each other since your wedding.”

Valin chuckled. “Ema, he’s a postcog, a seer and a strong Force user. I’m sure he knew a long time ago.”

I have to admit…I suspected, but I wasn’t using the Force to spy on my mother, so I wasn’t positive.

“Well,” my mother said tentatively. “It’s good that you now know because there is something Valin wants to ask you.”

I felt the blood drain from my face. I was positive he was going to ask my blessing to marry my mother. Instead he said, “King Marcus, I would like to transfer from the Jedi Order to the Indupar Knights.”

I was a bit surprised by the request. “What is the Grand Master going to say about that? He already accused me of poaching his best Jedi.”

Valin smiled broadly. “I already got his okay on the matter. I just need you to agree.” He looked over to my mother and reached over and took her hand in his. “Ema and I would like more time together to…explore this relationship.”

Ugh…I don’t want to know where Valin plans to conduct his exploratory missions. I looked over to Mom and she has this hopeful smile on her face. Hell, if Valin Horn can make my mother happy, then more power to him. I can grant him permission and if he breaks my mother’s heart…well, maybe I can send him off on an extremely hazardous mission. “Sure, we would love to have you, Jedi Horn. I have apprentices looking for Masters. I think you would make a great addition to our Knights.”

The feeling of pure joy I felt from mom through the Force was overwhelming. Valin was happy as well. Maybe he really does love my mother.

I just realized, if Valin marries my mother he would be my stepfather. He’s already my Uncle Jaden’s brother-in-law. With all the intermarrying of the Horn, Skywalker, Tantiss and Karrde families, fairly soon my family tree will start looking like a tree trunk with no branches!

I guess worse things can happen…like a giant black hole ripping apart our galaxy. After enduring that near tragedy, nothing really bothers me much anymore.

I have been looking at the time stream with the seers and we don’t see any war on the horizon. Things look peaceful. I hope my child (and hopefully children) can live a life without Sith, planet busting battle stations, or rogue blackholes.

Life is good and I can’t wait to see what the future will bring.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Jedi_Lover -- a terrific wrap!

I have thoroughly enjoyed your OCs, and these tales of humor, drama, and romance. Thanks ever so for sharing them. @};- =D=

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Jedi_Lover likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thank you. I have been writing about the Tantiss family since 2011. I think the total words were over 600K combined for the series. I feel weird about ending the story. It is sort of sad.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the Tantisses and their twists and turns in their families. A great bunch of OC's and a nice alternate history with no deaths and Skywalkers, Horns and Solo's together

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.