main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT [DDC 2019] The Jax Durand Journals

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Snokers, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    The Jax Durand Journals

Genre: Action/Adventure

Characters: OC’s

Time Period: 4BBY

Entry 1
    [The Ring of Kafrene]

There’s a big bruiser of an Abednedo staring me down right now.

I’ve got my datapad braced between my two knees and the edge of the table.

Scrolling and typing away here… blip dee blip dee bloop…

This is actually calming my nerves a little.

This dusty old cantina was the wrong decision. I can’t take a breath that isn’t coated in smoke and the ambrostine I ordered tastes as though it was poured a week ago.

Why didn’t I just head straight to the freighter? Oh yeah, because that would’ve been LOGICAL!

No time to dwell on missed opportunity, though.

Onwards and upwards!

Gods, this guy is really giving me the stink-eye. He’s caressing one of the tendrils dangling from his face with two stubby fingers.

It’s definitely me he’s eyeballing. I’m not being paranoid!

I’ve been sitting here the past half hour thinking he’s just looking for a brawl… maybe he knows about the coaxium. You never know who’s whispering in the Empire’s ears these days. These dark, dark days.

Man, this sounds like the paranoid ramblings of some poor soul who’s taken leave of his senses.

It’s in my left boot, the coaxium. I carved out a compartment in the sole to keep it out of sight in such a busy trading post. I’ve heard stories of people doing upwards of two years in detention centres for merely carrying hyperfuel on their person. Who knows what the Empire would do with me if they caught me with five vials and learned that I had intent to sell.

Speaking of which, where is Meryk?

He was supposed to be here twenty minutes ago with a purse full of credits.

Not going to lie, in hindsight, under my foot may not have been the best hiding spot for this stuff considering it’s… explosive nature. If I took a harsh enough step and exploded in a blaze right now it certainly wouldn’t be one of glory, with the next to nothing I’ve achieved so far in my twenty-four years.

Oh hell, that blasted Abednedo is getting up from his seat. He’s heading in my direction.

I may check back in here later.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    divapilot likes this.
  2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Great start! Love that he’s using the journal writing as an excuse to not make eye contact with the bruiser. So he’s smuggling coaxium, huh? I wonder if he and another smuggler might ever cross paths...:cool:

You’ve got a great voice for this character. I’m interested to see where this goes!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Snokers likes this.
  3. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    @divapilot thanks for the feedback. Means a lot!

I’m looking forward to continuing it and the idea of being able to spread it out and work on it for a good amount of time!

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great details of the setting and the bruiser staring Jax down. Five vials. That is quite a haul of hyperfuel. I can't think of a better place to hide it, beats a pocket. :p =D=

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Snokers likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice name and great details on what he is hiding

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.