main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dead as a dead thing squashed by a bus coated in swine flu

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by MrDankDonk, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    congratulations to all the admins, moderators and general diddies involved in the policies and pogroms that transformed the once proudly individualistic and lively Scottish TFN board into this wasteland.

//MrDonk waves a sad final farewell

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's not just Scotland, it's FF-UK in General for the most part.

I don't think it's any particular person's fault. People have their reasons for not posting that much.

3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Think yourself lucky, the Welsh board has disappeared completely!

But it is sad to see what was once a lively and fun forum now creaking along, a dim shadow of its former self.

Can only be a matter of time untill large chunks of theforce.net are deleted or merged with the more popular parts.

Sadly the reason for everything being so quiet seems pretty obvious. No new Star Wars movies means little to no interest in a Star Wars forum.

Maybe the live action TV show will breath some life into this place, but its unlikely. The Clone Wars series has been running for a while and
    I don't really recall any real attention being focused on it to be honest.

Been a member for 7 years now and its really sad to see this place so quiet. :(

4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Agreed, it is a shame.
    I hope a new weekly series of Dr Who next year will be a good discussion point for many. Currently with specials having been months apart talk on the subject has been limited.

I'm sure there are good reasons why meets are no longer going on in some chapters (lack of money being one), but it needs addressing and I'm sure at some point when it is convenient CRs & the RSA will discuss how best to proceed with encouraging more meets/posting from members.

At the moment I've been posting in the JCC, something I'm not sure I can continue with long term for the sake of my sanity :p

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    The JCC is an awesome substitute for FF-UK. It's like the UK boards, but funnier to insult people on.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    That's because most of the posters make it so easy to do so :p

7. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    never say never ever...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.