main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dead like me

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by beezel26, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Its a show that was aired on Showtime for two seasons. Its a great show.

basically it explains what happens when we die.

basically grim reapers touch us when our time is near and when we die our soul is pulled from our body.

now here is where the fun part is. The grim reapers are former dead people that well are alive. its there job to touch you. Funny thing is being a grim reaper doesnt pay so its either you steal from the living or get a job.

It follows the adventures of one such Grim Reaper named Georgia Lass; Played by Ellen Muth and she becomes a reaper after getting hit by a toilet seat from the space station MIR. There is Rube played by Mandy Patakin who likes to give out the names of the deceased on a post it. There are three others and the entire group meets in Der Waffle house every morning. Its a really good show. You learn more about life then death in this show.

If you haven't seen it I recommend going to the rental store and renting the pilot or the entire first season.

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    It was a great show.

I missed a few out of season 2 but I plan on catching up on DVD. I have it, just haven't watched it [face_blush]

3. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    What is your favorite episode and favorite death.

My favorite episode is Bicycle Thief. I also like the group death with the old guy and swimming pool.

4. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Oh man I don't even remotely remember them that well. :p

One thing I do remeber is that I loved how with many of the deaths they would have some elaborate set up like you would have in a Final Destination movie and then the guy would just get hit in the head by a frisebee or something. There was one like that where the guy was perched on a ladder over a wood chipper and the obvious set up was him falling in the chipper but he got off the ladder, turned the chipper off and then got hit by the frisbee :p

5. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    how about the Pilot epsisode with the banana peel in the bank.

Ok, you have to watch the pilot with audio commentary on. Its hilarious.

6. weezer

May 16, 2001
    That one was great too. There was one with a bear that was pretty funny but like I said, I really don't remember much.

7. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Gotta love the bear.

How about when Roxy shot Mason.

8. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I only vaugely, vaugely remember that. IIRC being that he was already dead it did little more then piss him off (though it still hurt like hell).

9. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I've been watching the re-runs on Showcase, but I missed the finale! The one week I do something on a Monday and forget to tune in at 11:00, and now I have to wait for the entire runthrough again.

10. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    There was no "series" finale - :mad: - just a Halloween themed season 2 finale. It made me ill when I read that Showtime canceled Dead Like Me. The second season was so good, and had a lot of interesting (and downright touching) subplots. So many things were left unfinished though. TV needs irreverant shows like DLM. Oh well.

*Waits for the season premier of WEEDS*

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sky One showed it here in the UK awhile back. However it was on opposite something else I liked (might have been one of the CSI series) so I didn't see many of them. The ones I did see were pretty good though.

12. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    If you can check out the season one and two. Quite entertaining.

Its just weird a show about death where you learn more about life then death itself.

And the halloween was good. I liked when Daisy and Roxy switched roles. And I liked how they could see their real faces on halloween. That was cool. It made being in the cemetary all the more poignant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.