main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond the Saga "Dear Daddy"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CaraJinn, Jan 3, 2021.

1. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    That is another great entry, of course Chewie would get along with Grogu. Would be great to have Grogu meet a young Wookie as well *fingers crossed*

2. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Chapter 7

Dear Dad,

I miss you. I wish you could come visit me, or even better take me back home, and I could play with the shiny ball and we could see all sorts of worlds. I don't know what I'm doing here. You were so determined about this 'his kind' stuff, but…they don't feel like home. Uncle Luke is busy flying with those guys in orange jumpsuits and his ship is so small that I don't really fit in. And Aunt Leia is busy with Uncle Han (the womp rat guy) and something she calls "The Senate". It sounds really important, but I don't think I'd fit in there either.

I don't think they're 'my kind' at all, dad. I immediately knew you were, but these guys….naaaah. So I really cannot figure out why you sent me here.

If only you could come visit me, and explain, then maybe I'd understand. Maybe….

I promise to be good and not eat anymore frogs in my whole life.

Please dad?

Please?

Grogu

GregMcP, gizkaspice and ZV-83 like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL about the frogs. Luke and Leia are busy and have their niches of activity. I love how Grogu knew right off that Mando was "his kind." :)

gizkaspice, ZV-83 and CaraJinn like this.
  4. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Grogu is willing to give up his frog diet just for Mando aww [face_love]

5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Okay, introductions are done and now the story begins...

6. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Chapter 8

Dear Dad,

Today Uncle Luke went all "sit down and be quiet" on me. He asked me to come with him (well, actually he carried me) and put me down on a rather soft cushion, and then he said we should try to medi…. med ….medisomething together. I thought maybe it was another funny game, similar to when you wanted me to play with the blue and red threads in your ship, but then Uncle Luke didn't have any threads. Actually he had nothing except those cushions so I sat there watching him sit down with closed eyes and everything became so peaceful and quiet inside me.

And then I fell asleep.

He didn't seem too happy when he woke me up. He wasn't angry, but he kinda seemed a little sad. I wonder what he wanted me to do? Your explanations weren't too good when we played red and blue threads, but I can tell you : his were far worse. Or maybe I just snored and woke him up?

Do I snore, Dad?

Grogu

BookExogorth, gizkaspice and ZV-83 like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Totally I can believe Grogu is not the first or last one to do that.

CaraJinn likes this.
  8. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Luke beware--Mango will find you and take back his green jelly bean [face_laugh]

9. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Chapter 9

Dear Dad,

Today Uncle Luke and I played the 'sit on the pillow and fall asleep' game again and I think I did better this time. I'm still not sure what he wants me to do. He used some strange words and said we were medi….median….medie….meditating. Yeah! That was the word. I've got it now. Stupid thing is I don't know what it means. It doesn't sound like 'sleep' to me so I guess it's meant to be something else.

It's not that he doesn't explain. I believe he is trying to, but honestly - I don't understand him. I mean, you weren't always crystal clear either but he uses so many words. When you said something I was able to think and catch the meaning - at least when you made sense. And I guess you did - mostly. At least when frogs weren't involved. Or frog eggs. But when he's talking there are so many words that I stop understanding. Humans are weird. You're more a normal being, Dad.

Oh, but…well….I just wanted to tell you, when Uncle Luke and I were doing that medi…. thing, just before I fell asleep it was almost like I could feel you out there somewhere. It felt comforting. Maybe if we practice we can talk together in our heads. I think if I knew I could reach you wouldn't feel so lonely. Neither would you.

And I won't have to bother with posting these letters and finding Razor Crest and all that.

Yeah, got a plan there.

Your kid

Grogu

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] =D= Yup that is a great plan.

11. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Chapter 10

Dad,

Seriously, can you come and take me away from this place? Soon? Please? Today I met Aunt Leia's kid and he's not nice at all. At least I think he's her kid because she carried him like you used to carry me. I wish she could have continued doing that and not put him down on the floor. Because when she did that he saw me and pointed at me and asked: "What's that?" as if I were a…thing. Or a womp rat. I haven't really seen any but, Dad, I don't think I look like one. Kid looked ridiculously like womp rat guy when he said that so I think maybe the womp rat guy is his dad.

Surely, I have a much nicer Dad than he, and I hope I'm nicer than him too. Because when Aunt Leia and Uncle Han (yep, that's womp rat guy's real name) didn't look at him he came to me and he…he…pulled my ears and asked me why they are so big?

I don't have big ears, do I Dad? At least not for my species. And I really don't like anyone to pull them. It hurts and I didn't feel good. I don't want to be here anymore if he's going to do that again.

Can you please come and take me back home? Please?

He laughed at me because I cannot speak basic too. It's not my fault that humans have this weird speaking. I'm sure I would have done better with someone of my own kind, whoever that is. But I couldn't tell him that because he just wouldn't understand. So instead I did the "mud horn lifting thing" again and held him upside down for a while. I could have dropped him on his head (maybe he would have been nicer then?) but I didn't. It wouldn't be fair since he cannot do the mud horn thing so instead I put him back down with his feet first.

And he yelled so loudly that my ears still hurt. As if it weren't enough with the pulling…

Guess I was lucky that Aunt Leia didn't understand what he was saying. Bet he's not as good speaking human as he thinks he is. So the grown ups didn't notice, I hope. I don't want Uncle Luke and Aunt Leia to be mad at me.

But if he's staying here, I don't want to be here.

Can you come and take me home tomorrow, Dad?

Grogu

gizkaspice likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Poor Grogu, and I agree! Leia and Han's kid is a true and utter BRAT!

gizkaspice and CaraJinn like this.
  13. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Alright, that's it. I'm calling Mando right now so he can pick up Grogu!
    "Hey Mando, yeah I know you're in @CaraJinn's other story, but we really need you so you can kick Benny Bunny's butt again or at least give him a wedgie or something! Yeah, that's right, he's the guy who called you Mango...." :p:D

14. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    [face_laugh] [face_rofl] [face_laugh]

15. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Chapter 11

Dad, you're late. Bullykid is still here and Aunt Leia and Uncle Luke wanted us to play. That is so not gonna happen. I'm not playing with that ear pulling bully. No way. And don't even try to tell me "this is the way" in that respect.

Last evening Uncle Luke told a story about someone he called Anakin. I think. It was kinda confusing because sometimes he messed up this Anakin guy with someone else he called "Dank Vader" or something… Is that the brother of the "Dank Farrik" you mention so often? I don't think Dank Vader was a nice person so it fits.

But Bullykid didn't get it, so when Uncle Luke told about this Vader figure he went all "Weeee, grandpa…" and was super excited about something.

Dad? What is a grandpa? Do I have one?

There are so many things I don't understand and I want you to explain them to me.

Crossing fingers that Bullykid will leave tomorrow.

Your kid

Grogu

16. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    [face_laugh] This is NOT the way.

4-5 year old Ben Solo already being obsessed with granddaddy Vader is basically canon IMO ;)

Grogu should give him a Force wedgie and then Benny Bunny will cry and be all "DARTH VADER HELP ME" :cool:

CaraJinn likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Grogu's commentary on Anakin and Vader and Bullykid [face_mischief]
    And this:
    Grogu should give him a Force wedgie and then Benny Bunny will cry and be all "DARTH VADER HELP ME"

[face_rofl] So right!

CaraJinn and gizkaspice like this.
  18. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Chapter 12

Bullykid finally left with Aunt Leia. Yay! I'm free. No more ear pulling. I'm having playtime with Uncle Luke again but I still fall asleep when we do the sit-on-the-pillow thing, so this morning Uncle Luke wanted to play something else.

He gave me a stick and wanted me to point in different directions with it and I had to stand still in one position and it was very boring. I don't like boring. I don't think you would be glad if I hurt anyone and Uncle Luke seems to be a nice person but…when I got bored I began thinking of frogs and whether I could hunt them with the stick, and…well, I think I got carried away a bit 'cause I hit Uncle Luke's shin.

I promise, Dad. I didn't mean to. He didn't even look like a frog so I'm quite ashamed of myself. Uncle Luke didn't become angry with me this time either, he just gave me a sad look and seemed to remember something and then he stopped playing for today.

Guess I'll go see if I can find Uncle Chewie. Did I mention I'm bored?

Bye now Dad.

gizkaspice likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] Grogu with a stick and thwacking all and sundry even Luke :oops: But great that Bullykid is gone! :p

CaraJinn likes this.
  20. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Grogu's true calling is obviously being a professional frog hunter and NOT a Jedi. :D

21. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Chapter 13

Dear Dad,

This is getting more and more confusing. Uncle Luke haven't tried to play "sit-on-a-pillow" or "waving sticks" for a couple of days. Instead he's walking around smiling when he looks at me. I'm not quite sure why 'cause I certainly haven't told any jokes to him.

I'm glad he's glad though. He's a nice guy, it's just that…he's not you. And this place isn't home.

I was helping Uncle Chewie and Uncle Han to fix their ship and I think I did really well when I tried to use the "mudhorn-lifting-thing" to the parts they had laid on the floor. I still cannot figure out why Uncle Han was so unhappy when he tried to put them back in the ship. Finally he muttered something like: "It must have been mixed up, nothing fits where it should be."

Not sure what he meant by that and I'm not quite sure what the other words he used meant either. I just have a feeling that if I were to speak human and said those words you wouldn't be impressed either. Hm, I wonder if I should try, just to be able to surprise you if you come visit me.

Grogu

ZV-83 and gizkaspice like this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Grogu helping out with repairs ... uh-oh. No, you really shouldn't repeat those particular words. :p

23. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Chapter 14

Oh, just…oh. That's why Uncle Luke has been so smug these last days. I didn't expect anything special to happen until the door opened. For some reason I'd almost given up the hope that you'd come to see me as I began thinking that you had bigger and more important things to do.

The two of you caught me by surprise there.

For a moment I intended to walk and say hello in a dignified way, but I guess I didn't fool anyone when I began running and stumbled in the hem of my coat. But I don't care. I just heard the word "home" and realized that you wanted me to come with you and…well…the human hugging thing isn't so bad after all.

I've missed you, Dad. Let's go home.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Kahara, gizkaspice and ZV-83 like this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :) SQUEE! So happy for Grogu and Mando! ;)

Kahara and CaraJinn like this.
  25. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    I love how you connected the two stories together! Now I want this to happen in Season 3 (whenever that will be)