main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Dear Diary (a 2007 challenge) Come on in and vote!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by the_wandering_shadow, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    And when are we supposed to start?

2. the_wandering_shadow

the_wandering_shadow Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    Okay, answer time...

Q: I know that this will be during a year for us, but should it be during a year for the OC?s as well?

A: Hmmm... I've been debating that, and it should be the same span of time, I think.

Q: Can this be a an AU or does it have to be canon?

A: AU is fine, as well as canon.

Q: Is it okay for our OC?s to be related to any canon characters, for example like if they are Obi-Wan?s OC son or something?

A: Yeah. That's fine too.

Q:
    Can I use something that I already have?

A:
    Something new should be in order, as far as material it ought to be freshly written. If you want to use an old OC that's fine.

Q:
    And when are we supposed to start?

A: I wanted to address that actually. You can start writing now, but the first post should go up no earlier than January 1. You don't have to post on the 1st itself, that's still a holiday, but probably within the first week or two of January.

3. GraySaberFreque

GraySaberFreque Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2006
    Um, another few questions.

Can we have this diary/journal span years.

If not can we have a prolouge type entry at the beginnging where its years in the past of the rest of our diary/journal?

4. the_wandering_shadow

May 16, 2005
    You know, sure. Let's say that the diary can be no less than a year long. Events need to have that time span, at least. But here's the kicker... Oh wait, that might not even make sense... I'm calling it a night :p

5. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    What if you already have one started?

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh wow, Kelli, that sounds incredibly intriguing. Go for either! Though Malix gives me the creeps :p ;)

And sign me up for the challenge too, Maybe it'll jumpstart the muse :D

7. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Oh wow, Kelli, that sounds incredibly intriguing. Go for either! Though Malix gives me the creeps

After some thinking, I don't think I'll do Malix. If this is supposed to last for an entire year, I'll be less inclined to kill him off and I'm afraid that I'll have to go into hiding from angry readers if I don't kill him. :D

I'm also leaning away from trying humor. I'm probably going to create a new OC for this.

8. slow_dawn

slow_dawn Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2006
    Wait, I'm confused as to how much time in the OCs life this journal should take up. Do we have to limit it to a year or can we have the entries span a large part of his or her life?

9. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Thank for answering my questions [:D] I have a great idea right now so count me in on doing the challenge.

And I?m going to let the fic move over a year for my OC but I?m going to include some things that have happened earlier.

10. the_wandering_shadow

May 16, 2005

Well, if it's not posted and you don't have too terribly much that might work.

Wait, I'm confused as to how much time in the OCs life this journal should take up. Do we have to limit it to a year or can we have the entries span a large part of his or her life?

It should be no less than a year but if you want to expand and go further during the challenge that's okay.

And I?m going to let the fic move over a year for my OC but I?m going to include some things that have happened earlier.

That's fine too. I'm going to do something like that... if I can ever rid myself of Darth Writer's Block.

11. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I think I'll have tzo create a new OC for this the others would a) sell it, b) toast it, c) throw it at Loki, d) throw it a Boba Fett and e) is still hanging in the drabble challenge....:oops:

But I think I can see a plot bunny lurking in fron of my till.[face_worried]
    *hides*
    ;)

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Looks pretty interesting. If I have time, I'll give it a go :)

13. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Ooooooooo I would love to try this out. This can be AU, right? I think I'm in =)

14. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005

Well, if it's not posted and you don't have too terribly much that might work.

Well then I am out. Good luck to everyone else and have fun!

15. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Hey Noelie, where is yours posted at?

16. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    This is a Terrific Idea!

I hope it does last the whole year. You know how most projects start out well, then fall apart. I like this.

17. April_Seven

April_Seven Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2006
    This sounds like a great idea. I've always loved the idea of a fic in the sort of Dracula or Frankenstein format. I've never actually seen it done though. I would like to do it but... the character I think I have in mind isn't an OC. Just a little character who is in one comic who I can make a spectator to the Clone Wars and put in the middle of the Alliance High Command. Then there is the problem of not making him completely weird but... I'm in. Even if the whole insignificant character fleshed out thing isn't okay. I'm sure I can think of an OC who will serve the same purpose.

18. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Hi! I found this yesterday and mulled it over all day. Just as I was supposed to fall asleep I was attacked by a oc plot bunnie. I usually do humor but this is going to be much darker. I am defiantly in.

Lea

19. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Another question...

Just wanted to be clear on the posting. Are we to start a thread in our era of choice and post updates to it and then you will do a index of all the threads? If that's the case, do we pm you when we update or should we just post in this thread? Okay, that was more than one question. :p

20. Rebel_Radio

Rebel_Radio Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2006
    I want to join! Pick me, pick me!

Yays! [face_dancing]

This seems like it should be a great challenge. I'll start working on my fic now.

21. the_wandering_shadow

May 16, 2005
    Okay, more answers :)

Post your story in the appropriate era, and PM me to let me know when you update. I'll make an index in the first post of this thread and once a week I'll make sure to post everyone who's updated during that time.

22. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    :D Thanks for the answers! Sounds great. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's diaries.

23. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Count me in t_w_s! This definately fits in with something I wanted to do, and now you've provided me with the perfect avenue. :D

24. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    I?ve started on mine, although, even if it?s past midnight for me, I?ll wait until tomorrow to start posting it.

It was weird because I?ve never written a diary, not even in RL but I hope that it?s somewhat okay, and I did have a great time writing it.

25. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    Mine are mostly humor, well, it will at least start that way, it might get darker later on, I dunno.

My beta asked me a good question, are we supposed to name the fic something like ?The diary of ?? or is any name fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.