main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Dear Diary (a 2007 challenge) Come on in and vote!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by the_wandering_shadow, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Unlikely Parenthood - updated

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=25920603&brd=10476&start=26129388

I have a killer schedule on the roleplaying boards and my responsibilities there are my first priority. I will update the diary as and when.

2. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Hey all, I'm all updated and such. What I should have mentioned here, and totally forgot to do, was that January at my school is a project term, and my project took me away from the internet. Between that and the craziness of classes starting, it just got shuffled off to the back of my priority queue. But I'm back, and hopefully with updates even more frequent than twice a month. :)

3. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    A bit late, but my sincerest condolences to you and your family t_w_s.@};-

I applaud you carrying the torch for a comrade [b]MsL[/b]. the color coding is a nice touch.
    I have update my own Diary: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=25880974&brd=10475&start=26161985]Decent into Madness[/link], unfortunately I used the OC Sock via lack of attentiveness.

4. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
  5. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Here is my first entry to this challenge: Growing in the ForceIt takes place in the Beyond the Saga era.

Thank you, The_Wandering_Shadow for allowing me to participate!:)

6. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have started my diaries in the Clone-wars era but they will go on far beyond. Can they stay on the saga-board. Can I put two entries day after day and than 29 days nothing? B.t.w diary of an exile is updated 14 feb.

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I started a second diary in the Before the Saga era titled, Left Behind. It's about one of my minor OC's.

9. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
  10. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Now, now.
    Even though I appreaciate of the thread being on page one, informing on updates in thread is not really what it is for.[face_shame_on_you]
    We DO have an index, even if it's on page 7.

Yes, I know nobody would notice, but still:p :

I'll be gone until Wednesday, so don't worry, if I don't update the index between today and then, I'm just not there. (Berlin, Berlin, I'm going to Berlin[face_dancing] )

11. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
  12. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Sorry, I saw others informing on updates, so I followed the crowd. I won't do so again. Have fun in Berlin. :)

13. Padme22

Padme22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2004
    I'd like to join in too please.

14. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    MsLanna, the index says tht my last update was in Jan. It was actually on 2/12. Just wanted to clear that up...IDK if it was just a mistake or w/e.

15. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I'm back.

Padme22: You'll have to ask the_wandering_shadow. If she okays it I'll add you to the index.:)

I'm sorry, Alley_Skywalker.
    Of course, that wouldn't happen, if people told me about their updates with pms.

*glares into the general emptiness of the thread*:p

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    So, we're supposed to PM when we update? :p

17. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    It would at least make your current indexer very happy, Mama Vader[face_batting]

But since I'm online half the day anyway, I can also look for unannounced updates. I am prone to miss an update or other every now and then, though.[face_blush]
    And I even pmed some who did update, because, even if I DO look first, I'm not always clever enough to realise there is more than one page to a thread.:oops:

18. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Nothing to see here...move along.

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
  20. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Does anybody bother to read what was posted before posting themselves?o_O

21. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    I've been wondering that, too. I have a question. Those dead diaries, can people still update them? And just be out of the running? Or are they just dead dead?

22. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    They can still be updated, danceswithblasters. And If I'm told, I'll change the update date accordingly.
    They are out of the challenge, not eligible for winner, but otherwise nothing changed.

23. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    updated Amongst the Overlooked here again: http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/25913629/p1/?20

24. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    So...how is everyone doing on their journals? this has been a fun challenge.

How many find it both a challenge to write in first person and also to have the limitation of not being able to share what your canon character is thinking? In a way it makes it easier to leave out difficult scenes, but at the same time it is hard to advance the character from canon. Still...this has been a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to link my journal just this one time:

the Journal of Leela Radian: (this is a woman in love with Kyp Durron ABY 33)

Journal of Leela Radian

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! :D

25. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Well, iamobiwan1970, I write a lot of 1st PoV, so that is not much of a challenge for me. What is more difficult for me is, that I DID chose a canon character for this, a first for me. To make things easy, i gave him complete amnesia, but that's about to stop and I'm scared of being lynched when his identity comes out.;)

Leaving out things is not a problem too, he can always recout a day later. I think that is a problem that mostly affects the Lightsaber Diary.[face_thinking] And not knowing what the other is thinking... that's just life.

Oh, and the biggest challenge for me, is getting in the updates in time. Procrastination is my second name (the first beign laziness) and keeping a schedule is hard for me. If I keep it up through the year, I'll be more than proud of myself.:D

And Kudos to those who update several times a week.[image=http://www.my-smileys.de/generator/signs5/a59789951d7f265f0b7ca03d9b889fa1.png] It is a huge bunch of work.

EDIT 1: And just because you dropped out of the competitinon, does not mean you have to drop out of the discussion.

EDIT 2: Provided ther is one, of course.[face_plain]

EDIT 3: Which doesn't seem to be happening. Where ARE you all?:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.