main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends Dear Diary Challenge - 1/2 year - Where do I go next?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Adalia-Durron , Jan 8, 2021.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU Mod - Aussie Queen star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Title: Where do I go next?
    Author:
    Adalia Durron
    Characters: Adalia Tehanis, Chrissy and Cam Rigsby
    Genre: Drama, Attempted Romance, heartbreak and life choices
    Timeline: Beyond Legends OC
    Summary: Adalia is 16, she lost both her parents 18 months ago to the Rebellion and inheriting a plantation, this young woman is finding her way with the help of her life long friend Cam and his girlfriend Chrissy. Her future is set with the inheritance, so so it seems, but not in her heart.

Author's Note:
    Adalia is my original character, she has aged to near 40 in the RPG world but her roots are still a mystery. She lives on fictional Akrian, which I base on Australia.

Dear Diary,

I feel silly doing this, Chrissy says it helps her, but I can’t see how writing down my feelings and thoughts is going to help me. I’m a kriffing Orphan! Yes, I am angry, my mother was in the wrong place at the wrong time when the Imperial Garrison was bombed, she died trying to buy a cake for my birthday. Am I not supposed to be angry about that? Then Dad, he was a fool! He joined the kriffing underground resistance and off he went, sneaking about at night with people I don’t know and not caring that his only child was alone and scared. Then he went and got himself shot by a Stormtrooper. I thought those guys were lousy shots, clearly, I was wrong.

Angry is my only emotion right now, I feel like they were selfish in their wants and needs and ignored mine. I’m alone now and did they think about how that would affect me? Doesn’t feel like it! I want to cry, I want to scream, I want to hit things, but I have to remember ‘I’m special’, well that’s what dad calls it. His mum was a Jedi, that’s his big secret, and mine now. In not only got a cocoa estate from him, I got the ability to use the Force. A burden in this currently climate. The Empire is bad, I know that, so much so my father had to die fighting them, but what can I do? What could he do, well he managed to die and for what? The Empire doesn’t care about him, or me, or anyone really, so why not just lay low and do as they say? Want to stay alive, that’s the way! I'm lucky Cam can give me a look to tell me to calm down, he's like a big brother watching me and making sure I don't explode. Who knows what could happen if I did? I sure don't, Dad never told me, just told me it would be very bad. Great help there Dad.

Now I’m stuck with learning how to run the blasted plantation. What do I know about cocoa? Aside from the fact it’s what they use to make Chocolate. I thank the stars for Cam every day, his dad was running the plantation for my father till he got ill, but he had been teaching Cam all the way. He’s 5 years older than me and between him and his girlfriend Chrissy I have that to be grateful for. Chrissy is 20 and she’s turned into a ‘big sister’ to me and she knows how angry I am at the galaxy around me. I feel like this Force Dad says I have, it is everywhere and it makes decisions and it took everything I love from me. Why would I want to learn about it? Why would I ever bother to open that blasted holocron again? I can’t, I won’t. I’m going to learn how to run this plantation and continue this part of my father’s legacy, continue his dream and maybe one day fall in love and have a bunch of kids, not just one. Being an only child stinks.

ZV-83, darthbernael and Anedon like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A great beginning with Cam and Chrissy as friends

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  4. Anedon

Anedon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 2016
    Great and intresting start, reminds me a bit of Amber but where she went to join the rebellion her cousin decides to stay. Wich does make sense all things considered she lost so much already, she doesn't want to loose anything more.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Early Day @Anedon, and Adalia is 6 years younger than Amber. She joins AFTER the rebellion is done. ;)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and Anedon like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Superbly realistic and understandable emotions. I am glad she has Cam and Chrissy as dear friends, more like family. I can understand every bit of her anger and enormous sense of loss.

=D=

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Dear Diary,

Well today was a bust. Cam took me to the fields to show me how the droids did the picking of the cocoa beans, a huge part of me wished I'd listened when Dad wanted to show me. I'd not be in this mess right now maybe, well not as deep in it. He took his speeder but I insisted on riding my equine, Thunder. That was my first mistake, wow, didn't imagine Thunder would hate the droids so much! I got a good two clicks out of him as he bolted, holding onto an 18 hand stallion when he's scared is not my idea of fun. When I finally got him back to Cam all I got was a filthy 'I told you so' look, kriff I hate that look! Mum used to give it to me. Mum, stars I miss her, what I'd give to have her give me one of those looks. My heart aches at night when I lay in bed and think of my parents, I was a snotty teenager to them, I was selfish and childish and now I have to live with that. I have the rest of my life to come to terms with my own selfish stupidity.

Back to today. Once I settled Thunder down, (note to self: Listen to Cam and take the speeder!) Cam began to show me the difference between ripe and unripe beans, the young plants from the old and the droid panel to maintain it all. The sprinkler and watering system takes care of itself so he told me not to touch that, but the droids needed to be guided to where the ripe beans are and away from the immature ones. Naturally it was me who screwed that up, one wrong touch of the panel and Cam was frantically trying to stop droids from harvesting the green beans. The was yelling, that was him, there was screaming, that was me and Thunder was spooked again.

I spent the afternoon walking the several kilometers to find my equine again. Cam told me to go back to the house after I'd brushed Thunder down, water and fed him as 'He's had a rough day', he said. He's had a rough day!!?!?!? I muttered and cursed but kept it to myself as I brushed his sweaty black coat down, I'd hosed him off first and I think he was grateful. After feeding him I started back to the house and the sun was going down already. The day was almost over and what had I learned? Equines don't like droids, droids don't like me and Cam was more disappointed that I'd ever expected. Chrissy had started dinner and I just didn't want to eat, I was a failure at being a plantation owner and I had no idea how I could fix that.

I snuck in the back door, scampered up the stairs and threw myself on my bed, I wanted to cry but I've spent so much time burying my emotions, I couldn't. This is my special skill, I am a cold bitch to the world, no one knows how I really feel, not even Cam and Chrissy. I have managed to build so many walls, I doubt anyone will break them down.

I went to dinner, Cam said nothing, in fact he acted like it was all fine, maybe he feels sorry for me, who knows? He wants me to go to the factory tomorrow where the beans are processed and packed. Maybe that will be better? He did say we're taking a speeder, I was not going to argue this time. '

I wish my mum was here to guide me, I feel like there is so much more for me, but I don't know what?

9. Anedon

May 11, 2016
    Great chapter, poor Adalia that was really one bad day.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ouch! :* :( So many regrets surrounding the sense of loss, specifically being a "bratty teen". Having that be the last thing her parents would know of her because of course none of them knew there wouldn't be the chance for them all to see her outgrow it. [face_thinking]

And to feel you've muddled everything on the practical side doesn't help either and then to have to unlearn stuffing emotions.

(This really gives me insight into Adalia's character :cool: and the fact that a certain someone could and would unlock all that down the road, just makes me SQUEE!) ;)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    Anedon and Adalia-Durron like this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    The 'walls', they are there already. They will get taller and harder to get past. This is all of part of what made her who she is when you all meet her later. I mean Rooty and co met her 15 years before this and Adam was about 11 years before you met her. She does soften again, but for a few years in there she was known as an icequeen.

Anedon likes this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    DD

I don't want too, I really don't. After dad died, Chrissy started homeschooling me and I was fine with it. Who needs to look at people who walk past you in the halls, or classes with those horrible 'apology eyes'!?! You know that look? They are sorry for me and pity me, argh! Don't look at me like my life is over!!! She says next week I have to go back to finish high school, my last year. Why do I need to do that? My life is mapped out it seems and anything they have to say at school can't change that. I have what I need, although pretty sure Cam hates me being around him. I'm a walking disaster! You name it, its gone wrong. He did like my idea of us processing the cocoa here, maybe even making chocolate here. Endless supply! Woo hooo!

Chrissy is worried about my social life, says I spend too much time alone here or in my room. Says I am wasting time on the silly simulation games I play, hey, I'm 16, I'm supposed to waste time on games aren't I? My favorite the flight simulator makes me feel like I'm some kind of galactic hero. I know there is a Rebellion going on out there, but Akrian is too far from the core and its really not affecting us too much. We have 'cells', like the one my dad was in, but the Empire rules here mostly and the cells aren't as strong as they pretend to be, or at least that's what I see. The sim shows me heaps of ships, and I've tried them all, but I like the X Wing one. That'd be so freaking awesome, but I know I have to run this place, kinda my destiny I guess. Wish it gave me a thrill like the fake flying does.

I guess going back to high school will be ok, been avoiding all the drama that place has, so over the top. Girls thinking they are better than the rest of us, guys strutting around in sports jumpers and only dating the popular girls. Yeah, like I'm one of them!?!? The only kriffing red head in the Southern Hemisphere!! Well, at least it feels that. Had my fair share of torment over that, sick of it. Not changing it, it was my grandma's hair. Mum said Grandy was special and very beautiful. Dad says she was more than just special, said she gave me my gift, the one I have to hide. Can you imagine if the Empire found out my Grandy had been a Jedi and I have that thing she had? I'd be dead for sure! Not telling anyone about that one! So better go get my clothes sorted, high school is a fashion minefield!

13. Anedon

May 11, 2016
    Great chapter, really like the foreshadowing for what is to come. :)

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Anedon likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very realistic musings and seems the love of flying finds its outlet and start in the sims games. [face_thinking]

Adalia-Durron and Anedon like this.
  16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You know I had a diary when I was a teenage girl, and to this day I have no idea where it went...........and that terrifies me! :p Trying to find my inner teen has been a challenge at 54!! Thank you @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha [face_love]

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    she has a lovely stallion
    I love what she is writing

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    DD

So high school sucks, just like I knew it would. I am so not a popular kid and am being reminded of it daily. Between the awkward shoves and snarky insults, I am well aware of it. 'Poor little rich girl' is the most popular title, and comments about not having to work for a living and other horrible things about Mum and Dad being stupid Rebels who died for nothing. I've lost my temper a few times, and that has made a mess, thank the stars no one has put two and two together. We're too far from the centre of the Galaxy, the knowledge of the Force and Jedi is pretty limited. In fact most these people are pretty limited, they don't think outside this school, or their petty lives. They don't know about my abilities and I hide them pretty well, most the time. Maybe I went overboard when Giliot was under the water tower, and I opened the taps..........was pretty funny.

But the biggest surprise this week was Trent, he started talking to me this week and was being really friendly, didn't care the others were giggling. Then, he asked me to the Formal! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!! He's not the most popular guy around, but he is a sporty, and that makes him semi popular. He said the others were idiots for teasing me and that I was beautiful. Me? The Red haired freak, was beautiful. I'm so excited. Going to get a new dress and Chrissy said she'd help. Its gonna be awesome.

ZV-83, darthbernael and Anedon like this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What a contrast in moods. The bitterness about popularity and justifiable outrage at pettiness followed by the gladness about Trent. He sounds/seems a decent sort. I am happy for Adalia that she has this fun event and appreciation from Trent.

[face_laugh] ... I keep "thinking ahead". Just you wait I wanna say, some day an amazing Jedi dream prince will think the same as Trent. =P~ [face_love]

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL takes 20 years before that happens! :p

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  22. Anedon

May 11, 2016
    Nice chapter.
    Adalia thoughts on being the rich kid made me think of a classmate of mine, who similar to her had his future set out for him. We didn´t cast him out though as he was probably the most charitable person I've meet in school and very generous towards his classmates, like once organizing a barbecue for all of us.

Glad Adalia gets at least some support and by the most popular kid no less, lets hope her first romatic experiences go better than those of her cousin...

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You'd like to hope............. thank you for reading

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and Anedon like this.
  24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    DD

Today Chrissy took me to get a dress, I hardly ever wear dresses, but this is special. Dresses are so awkward to deal with so I stopped wearing them when I was like 9-10, can't ride an equine win a frilly dress, its just wrong. Anyway, we found this tiny shop with a bunch of imported dresses, some from Coruscant even! They were expensive but Chrissy said nothing, I know the estate is doing well, I'm not interested but I am also not stupid. She didn't even like flinch when I pulled out this ball gown. If I was going to do this I wanted to be a princess doing it!! I put it on and there was layers and layers of netting under it and I swished when I walked. In a deep midnight blue, it has tiny sparkles on it and it was lace up! That was the best, with my .....shall we say 'ample' womanhood. Chrissy says I over exaggerate them, says they're not that big, but they get in my way enough and I feel like that's all people look at when they meet me. I could be wrong, but it feels that way. The lace up pulled them in and they actually looked good! An achievement!!

We then found some nice sparkling silver shoes with a little heel. I always wanted to wear a spike heel, but now I need to learn to walk on them! We then picked out some sparkles for my hair, Chrissy says she will put it up. I'm so excited!! Trent told me he'd wear dark blue when I told him about the gown, so he's on board. This is going to the be the most amazing night!

Only a week away! I cannot wait, but yeah, I have too. I've stuck a picture in here of the dress, I love it so much.

[​IMG]

ZV-83 and Anedon like this.
  25. Anedon

May 11, 2016
    Nice chapter. Knowing what is to come its kinda sad seeing her so happy right now.