main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Dear Diary Challenge 2008 And the Winner is....?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    LOL I'm good at that ;)

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

[face_laugh][face_laugh] That would be a good idea. I'd definately be on board. :D
    How is that the discussion gets going once the topic's heat? [face_laugh]

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I guess the old idiom is right. Sex sells. :p

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Haha! I've written a couple of stories like that. With the right euphemisms and as long as you don't refer to any specific body parts you can get pretty far.

I'm aiming at updating every 10-14 days, but I still haven't managed to squeeze in any of the challenges.

5. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Henceforth I'll actually try to update weekly. [face_mischief]
    I don't know if I'll make it, but I'll definately try. My muse has returned. :p Yay.

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    So far, I incorporated this month's challenge into "Those Eyes!"... though it wasn't exactly heated up for the author of the diary, to her utter mortification, it was her parents who got steamy. [face_mischief]

7. celine

celine Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2007

Ahhhhh! Poor girl! LOL. Will she be traumatized for life?

Luckily, my diary character "Loch" tends to skate along the risque anyway, (especially in my Loch's Luck story in Before) so getting him heated up shouldn't be a problem. LOL. I might even enjoy it. In my mind's eye, he looks alot like Hugh Jackman![face_devil]

8. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    Half time!
    Congrats to all still arund and writing.
    =D= @};- =D=

What have your experiences been with the challenge so far? Was it easy? Is the format living up to your expectations? How about the constant updating? Is the challenge still fun?
    Would you do it again? (Don't say 'no', I did and see what happened...:p )

9. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I've been enjoying it so far. I can't comment on the other things, but I'm still liking it. This has to be my longest fic ever and it's only going to get longer. I don't know if I'll do it again, I'll have to see what happens. It's a great challenge though, and I love it. :D

10. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    I've had fun. I hope to hang in til the end.[face_praying]

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    What have your experiences been with the challenge so far? Was it easy? Is the format living up to your expectations? How about the constant updating? Is the challenge still fun?
    Would you do it again?

I'm having lots of fun with the diaries... though it is quite a challenge to update 4 1/2 of them twice a month. I'll do it again, but, write only ONE diary. [face_laugh]

12. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Mine is going well though slowly. But new things have turned up since I started, so that makes it more interesting.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    still love writing them and as things progress more and more is added (started with 30 planned posts) and now are more added so I am updating once a week with all three diaries.

Great fun with a real bad guy, an old retired Jedi and a child growing up

And stories have spawned more ideas for other diaries.

14. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    I'm still having fun with Qui-Gon, after six months of set up work, we're finally getting to the real meat and what the story is actually about. :p

Has it really been six months already? It doesn't really seem like it has been. The constant updating is really a thing that helps keep me going actually, by knowing I have to within a certain time frame or be out of the running, it gives me a deadline that I need to complete an update, instead of spending all my time waffling around and not updating.

15. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Tempting, very tempting ... [face_mischief] Sadly, my OC doesn't have much love life at the moment, though that could cause much hilarity to follow! Ah, it's a crime that I'm writing a serious story, I could have fun with this [face_laugh]

Anyway, happy half way everyone who is still hanging on! :D My biggest trouble has been procrastination: this is my first real WIP, and I always find myself forgetting about time between updates until the day before the deadline...

16. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    Phew Jinngerbread! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like they took 6 months to get into the actual meat of the story!:)

17. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Ooh, it's nearly new challenge time. :D

I should check to see if I've done the one for this month. :oops:

18. silversock

silversock Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2008

It's been kinda easy, but finding time to write for the past few months has been nearly impossible, so it's also difficult. :p I really like this format in ways, like getting into the character's head, but blargh in others since you can't really go into other's heads, do too horribly much dialog or describe what's going on to easily.

As for the constant updating, it's nice when I actually have time to write since 'tis incentive, but when I have no time it's rather stressful. It's still really fun, but I don't think I would do it again. :p

19. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I am off into a two week holiday in Bulgaria!
    Let me hear it for Alexis, who's running this while I'm gone. Oya!=D=[:D]=D=
    I might also have gotten the heat topic into my diary by accident.[face_thinking]

20. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Have fun on your holiday, Mel! [:D]

On another note: :rolleyes:

I finally have my diary planned out till the end. And I'm really excited while writing and yesterday, I found myself writing Devon's POV (my second main character) instead of sticking with the main POV of Marrim. After five pages I finally realized what it was I was doing.
    Damn. It.

And it was good, too! *sighs*

21. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [:D] Ceillean.

I have it easy because I only have three characters: my main character, a droid who hijacks the datapad, and a prisoner. :p I've never gotten my POVs mixed up. :p

Have fun on your vacation, Mel! :)

22. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    Okay, I almost forgot, but I just updated the index.

So, how about this for a mini-challenge:

Vacation Time!:

Your diary keeper takes a vacation... either a big one or a small one. Is it what he/she hoped it would be, or a big disappointment?

23. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Aw, come on people. Where is everybody?
    The vacation topic meant your characters should go on holiday, not you!:p

I don't think, I'll get a vacation in my story. Things are just about to take off. You know, war, death, deastruction.... wouldn't want to miss that, right.[face_beatup]

24. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    No vacation time for my characters either. More like sadness and treachery. The bad things. Can't take a vacation when bad things start to happen, right? :p

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Sorry, guess that was a lame mini-challenge. :(

I for one couldn't fit it in two of my diaries 'cause the characters in question had already taken vacations of sorts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.