main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Dear Diary Challenge 2008 And the Winner is....?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
  2. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Me too, well I mean me neither. I can't work that way, I find that some people are great at that sort of thing, but some just aren't. As far as diaries go I like to just let the character speak, sort of like a real diary, see what the day says and then go with it from there. Like I said, I know it doesn't work for everyone, but for me it is the way to go. I am also going to try and to the challenges though, I agree that some of my best fanfic has been from a specific challenge.

Good luck to everyone! Haha, including myself, gonna try to get this posted by tomorrow....

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    I got mine started.

It can be found here:
    The Pondering Princess

It's Leia between New Hope and Empire when she's trying to decide if she wants her boyfriend to be
    Han or Luke.

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
  5. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
  6. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    I've signed my soul away and decided to do this challenge! :D Mine features a full cast of OC's :)

The Time Has Come

The first post isn't actually a diary entry, it's a prologue of sorts. Is that okay? [face_batting]

7. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I so wasn't going to do this! I failed so hardcore last year. :p But, unlike 2007, I am a) armed with an outline and loose posting schedule, and b) not trying to complete my final semester of college. It goes a long way, I've heard...

Emotions are Weird Like That

It's a merry romp through the KOTOR era. Loads of fun, I tell you! :)

8. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    Finally, after a full day's agonizing over various things, here is my entry

Act of Contrition

It is written by Xanin Kintara, one of my OCs.
    This is really interesting for me, cause I haven't really written as a male character before.
    Also, I will be going into events that haven't been written yet in my fics.

9. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I posted mine tonight in Saga.

<link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=27927792&brd=10476>Prisoner of War</b>

Quite excited for this.

-Krystal

10. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    Just posted my second one! I was planning on incorporating challenges in this one, but my muse said no. The second one is about a Jedi Padawan who doesn't expect the life of a Jedi to be quite like it really is.

My Life of Adventure

11. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
  12. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Alrighty, I have posted my first entry...

Trials of a Jedi Padawan

I wonder if that name has been taken already? :confused:

Anways, it's a story about Cleaya Montu, a twenty-one year old Jedi Padawan. She has been presented with a journal for her birthday, and will continue to keep it until she has a padawan of her own. It's starting out kinda slow... But it will take some... interesting turns... ((cackle))

13. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Can one still get in on this?

14. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Yes, you can. :)

15. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Picking up where The Family Album left off, with Nawra once again doing the talking: A Mother's Journal

16. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Posted another one and this is my 'bad' character diary. He will tangle with the Jedi on many occasions.

A chick on every planet

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    My insane muse came up with a third idea for this... I'll start it next weekend though.

19. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Hey thanks for quoting that, saves me the trouble of looking :D I was wondering too, if I could start a second diary and how much time I'd have :)

20. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    It is tempting to start a second diary, a few people have so it is allowed. I had two ideas for this, the idea that I went with and the diary of a Death Star worker. I'll probably end up just having the one, but I'll have to see how things work out.

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Well, I wound up starting the third diary tonight after all. Now I have a diary in each era. This one is Freedom in Bondage, and is about a slave on Tatooine two years before TPM.

22. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I've a few ideas that I could toss in as a second diary, but there are so many other things I'd like to write as regular stories......I know a second diary would take too much time away from them. I'll just stick to the one I'm doing. :) But it is tempting.

23. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    I have an idea for two diaries, each one contradicting the other in minor ways. Someone who read just one would only get a part of the story, while someone who read both would have to figure out for themselves just what the heck was going on.

'Course, it's not something I can jump into without at least a month of preparations. Maybe next year. :D

- lazy

24. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    A couple of quick questions...

1. Is it still in the challenge as long as it's started within the first two weeks of the month?

2. I have an idea and need to know if I can refer to author's here... What I mean to ask is: Do I need to pm each individual author and as permission or since we all post here and it's public is it ok?

The idea I have is this...

Obi-Wan has discovered this site on his computer. The diary would be his daily musings about what he has read here... It would be sort of diary sort of investigation: His idea is to gather enough evidence to take the problem to the Jedi Council or even the Senate to have something done about those crazy fangirls (and boys) on some planed called "Earth" which was way beyond the Outer Rim...

The mentions of the authors would sort of be like mini-reviews of author's here works... Even if I don't do this for the diary challenge... I still want to do it... Can somebody direct me to the right place to ask this question....

Thanks.

I posted this as a thread as well... Just without question 1.

25. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yes, as long as you start before the end of the month!

(I gave an answer to the second part in your thread)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.