main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dear Diary Challenge 2014 - Writing on pages - OCs, mentions of Canon characters AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Jan 6, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice, gentle memory from Aditi and from the author @};- @};-

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely memories of her grandmother

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I also loved the memory lane and thought about my own granny long gone...

Lady_Misty likes this.
  4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Thank you Nyota's Heart earlybird-obi-wan and AzureAngel2 :)

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

We are going on a camping trip!!! I LOVE camping trips and I know all about making fire with little help from technology and how to set up tents and all that kind of stuff and I know how to cook some stuff around a camp fire. Waterproof I forgot I know that as well!

I’m leaving you behind so you don’t get damaged in any water we might encounter.

Sincerely Aditi

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I can tell Aditi is looking forward to it. Hot dogs and marshmallows ;) taste real good cooked on a campfire. And knowing how to keep things waterproof/watertight is definitely handy. :p

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Camping trips are nice and she is taking a good precaution by leaving her diary at home.

7. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    AzureAngel2 You have missed an update
    Nyota's Heart I love camping in the woods. No campers, no showers or toilets, no civilization for a good distance.
    earlybird-obi-wan I love camping! Having twice camped twice where you would have to canoe to the camping spots I have been taught how to protect your things from getting wet.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mini Challenge: Wilderness Adventure

Dear Mai,

I love camping but I am glad to be back in the Temple of Ashla/Bogden. At the moment I am waiting for the stores of hot water to refill but that gives me time to tell you about the adventures we had.

It turns out that not many students know how to set up tents or how to set up fire pits or anything like that. So the trip was more educational than fun in a few respects.

Everything was fairly relaxed except for a few mishaps like when Tenel Ka accidently upset a Mother Tot and we had to calm the upset mother. Then a few students were fooling around and ended up in a lake.

And a few students decided to mimic Lowbacca and sleep under a tarp held up with cables and they had quite the scare that night. They sespended a hand-lamp from a cable and during the night it fell on those in the tent causing them to think a small animal had jumped on them.

They were so embarrassed to learn it was just their hand-lamp.

I even taught them how to sing around the camp fire even though the first song was ‘Comm me maybe’. It’s a silly song but at least it got everyone in the right frame of mind and we sang better songs. We even sang the theme song for Trek Across the Stars and vocalized the theme of the Stern Ringen Saga. Ba ba, ba ba bam ba ba bum.

That doesn’t look right but I don’t do things like that well on flimsiplast.

I do feel silly because I forgot beings don’t know my native language and I tried to teach them a few songs in it. I was raised bilingual since Heimat is used in a good part of everyday life but Basic is a must since we are part of the Republic and do business with other races. So I sometimes forget that no one else speaks it.

It’s gonna be nice to sleep in a bed tonight.

No more using an Out either.

Sincerely Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The tarp story is true but it happened to me and a friend. One experience that fourteen year old girls can experience is a three and a half mile hike and camping away from everyone else. However ‘Rose’ and I didn’t bring a tent because she said that she knew how to use clothes line and tarp to make a tent. By a fluke we only ended up a ten or so minute walk from the main camp but the adult leaders didn’t order us to go back and get one. So we set up and thought that we would be brave and cool only to become nervous when darkness fell and we became aware just how exposed we were. We spent most of the night just talking and sharing stories. At one point we decided to try and sleep so I tied my flashlight to the clothes line and we dozed off only to be jarred away when something landed between us. We basically started screaming because we thought something had jumped on us. I fumbled for the flashlight and our panic climbed higher when I couldn’t find. We were really embarrassed when I found the flashlight between us; right where we thought the animal had landed.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun update and LOL on the author's camping adventure. =D=

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the singing during the camping adventure. The saga in the saga and the 'fun' with the tarp for her and the writer

Lady_Misty and AzureAngel2 like this.
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Sorry that I missed some updates here, but I am seldom on-line these days. Especially with my mom visiting and me being member of a new fitness centre.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  11. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart Thanks Nyota! :) And while it was embarrassing at the time it's a great story to laugh at now.

earlybird-obi-wan Sing around a campfire is very fun and yes they have as Star Wars-ish set of movies/holo dramas.

AzureAngel2 Well enjoy your time with your mother and I guess I should congratulate you for joining a fitness center.

Since school has started again in honor of it here’s Aditi writing about school.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

I’ve been really busy working on all the important subjects like school. I HATE math! But it’s important so I will do it. I love history though. I love reading about times come and gone. I learned why we call ‘tanks’ tanks. During a war on a planet before space travel one side disguised their new weapons: armored attack transports on treads as water holding tanks. The name stuck for years and after meeting new species the name was passed around and has more or less stuck to several war vechiles to this day.

I like planetary and space sciences as well. I score high on both sciences and score high in history as well.

I love my Jedi Training too. Today I completed a balance exercise as well as a few other minor concentration exercises. My concentration needs work and my balance could be better but at least I think so.

We did a ten mile run as well. And that was both refreshing and draining.

Sincerely Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I love history and reading about the science of our solar system.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lady_Misty -- I was that way in school also, liked history and astronomy. Math and I never got along [face_laugh] :rolleyes: Nice slice of life update.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great to see her liking space sciences. I loved those too. And a ten mile run:) I will be doing that soon

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I’ve been really busy working on all the important subjects like school. I HATE math! But it’s important so I will do it. I love history though. I love reading about times come and gone. I learned why we call ‘tanks’ tanks. During a war on a planet before space travel one side disguised their new weapons: armored attack transports on treads as water holding tanks. The name stuck for years and after meeting new species the name was passed around and has more or less stuck to several war vechiles to this day.

*is ill at home today

So, I have time to read feverishly in the truest sense of the word. :rolleyes:

I hate the blasted autumn flue wave as much as math. But I love this update.

*is also sad for not having been able to be at her fitness centre the past two evenings, but went every day last week

15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart Well you write about your day in your diary/journal. Math follows me down dark alleyways, tackles me to the ground, sits on my chest and taunts me with the whole x and y stuff. My favorite meme is the 'dear math' one.

earlybird-obi-wan It's nice to know that others share my likes.

AzureAngel2 I hope you feel better now. I like the season Autumn because of the change in the color of the leaves. We get tourists that come just to look at the leaves.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

It rained today but training went through like it usually does. One place was rather muddy and more than one student momentarily stumbled or outright fell. We were all really muddy once we were done and we all hit the showers.

I wonder how things are going back home. Another harvest should be close. Things seem to be more or less quiet elsewhere in the galaxy. It’s almost hard to believe that our lives could be in danger since things seem to be so normal.

A few things have trickled in from the rest of the galaxy and it seems encouraging.

Sincerely Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A nice update showing an upbeat optimism

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Your weather descriptions always do the trick for me... :)

Lady_Misty likes this.
  18. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart optimism is good to have.
    AzureAngel2 thank you, the last chapter was more or less written as it was raining and it occurred to me that running in the rain would be a good training exercise for the Jedi. YOu have to learn to keep your footing in the slippery mud. ;)
    earlybird-obi-wan You missed a post.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

I got a letter from home with bad news. My favorite Paka Marah died a few days ago during the night. They said that she had been unwell for several days when she took an unexpected turn for the worse. She was the oldest Paka we have ever had at nearly thirteen and a half years old. They said that they buried her under the old apfel near the house. I cried for awhile because she was my favorite but thirteen years is a good life for a Paka my mother said and a sister reminded me that Marah did miss her littermate Schnee that he had that died when they were eight months.

I have to remind myself that Death is part of the cycle and that it’s part of Harmony as well. We must give if we want to take to keep Balance.

I will miss her with all my heart.

Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mara, my cat of thirteen years, died Sunday night after not being her usual self for three days. Part of me knew it was coming on Friday and Saturday. I named her after my favorite LEU character Mara Jade Skywalker back in 2001. She was more or less pure white with dusky green eyes which sealed the deal on her name. She liked to bully the first family dog and wasn’t afraid to show her claws to any dog that bothered her. I will miss her.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Touching post from Aditi and [:D] [:D] for Misty Gosh, but Mara ... perfect name for a feisty feline with green eyes [face_laugh] @};- @};-

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes very touching[:D] Mara is a perfect name

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    My condolences! @};-

Anyway, this part was very fitting:

I have to remind myself that Death is part of the cycle and that it’s part of Harmony as well. We must give if we want to take to keep Balance.

[:D]

22. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart It was a good name for her.
    earlybird-obi-wan Thank you earlybird.
    AzureAngel2 Thank you!

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mini Challenge: Winter is Coming

Dear Mai,

The weather has gotten a little cooler here on Eras where we are and has started raining more which means more running in the mud.

Back home the nights will be too cold for the thin sleep clothes of Frühling and most of the harvests will be either underway or nearly over depending on the crop. The leaves would be changing to yellows, oragnes oranges and reds. Tourists from warmer parts of Tiston and even other, warmer planets come to take colored holos of the leaves and themselves. It’s good business in some places.

Back home my family would be getting ready for the coming snow in other ways as well. Checking the outer buildings for damage that would need to be repaired before the snow fell.

I think the Spirits are preparing the grounds and their Temple for the cooler weather as well. Or at least taking note of what needs work and what doesn’t.

A rumor has been going around that the Vong managed to get passed the Blockade and laid waste to a world. I don’t remember Feeling a Disturbance in the Force on that magatude magentute magatute level. But news did reach us that the Vong have been trying to lay waste to worlds that they land on.

This means that preparations for all out war are being made. Also the defense net in orbit is being tightened and there is talk about an evacuation plan being made for us on the off chance that the Vong break through and make it to Eras which is on the oppisite side of the galaxy then where they currently are.

It is frightening to think that our safe haven might not be safe but since the Vong don’t know where we are as far as we know we should be safer than most beings.

I feel lucky but sad that I am safe when so many others aren’t safe from the Vong. It almost doesn’t seem fair. But things in life rarely is fair.

Sincerely Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Winter is coming to my home state. The family garden is done for the year and my dad is getting ready to till it and prepare it for next year. I have had to put away the lighter summer sleep ware but that’s okay. And tourists do come from all over to look at the changing leaves. You see Greyhound Buses or similar buses around this time to sometime in October driving different places and now and then they are parked someplace so the passengers can take photographs.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    A rumor has been going around that the Vong managed to get passed the Blockade and laid waste to a world. I don’t remember Feeling a Disturbance in the Force on that magatude magentute magatute level. But news did reach us that the Vong have been trying to lay waste to worlds that they land on.

They are not part of the Force, so they cannot be felt at all, dear Mai. And there are more dreadful things to be learnt from your enemy.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice update with concerns and reflections about safety, etc. I love autumn! and spring the most. :)

Lady_Misty likes this.
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I hope she will stay safe. Nice touches in her diary about being concerned for others