main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dear Diary Challenge 2014 - Writing on pages - OCs, mentions of Canon characters AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    AzureAngel2 Aditi really is talking about the destruction of the planet. She knows that the Vong can't be Felt in the Force.

Nyota's Heart thanks, I like the Autumn as well

earlybird-obi-wan Aditi will be safe.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Daar Mai,

We haven’t received any news from the outside in a long time for our own safety. The adults worry that our enemies might try to bug our communications and find us.

It rained again today and the ground is really muddy. Many of us fell in the mud and had to shower. I was one such victim of the mud.

Sincerely Aditi

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A sensible precaution I think until they know the comm lines are untampered with. [face_thinking]

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    And a shower afterwards for her? Clean after being dirty is nice

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I was one such victim of the mud.

Stay away from Dagobah! ;)

Nyota's Heart and Lady_Misty like this.
  5. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart Also communicating as little as possible should lower the odds of someone tracing their calls as well.

earlybird-obi-wan I don't know of anyone that wouldn't want a shower after getting covered in mud.

AzureAngel2 I think the Slitherers would keep Aditi away from Dagobah more than the mud would.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

I spent a few days in the Healing Area. I slipped and fell in the mud and hurt myself a few days ago and almost broke my right arm. I did have other minor injuries but I seem to be doing well.

I missed a mountain climb because of my injuries.

I will write more when I’m not so tired.

Sincerely Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don’t really have broken bones but my hips are bothering me.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad the injuries weren't worse. Of course, a slip down a mountain would've caused more grievous injuries. :oops:

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    She should let the healers check on her hips

Lady_Misty and AzureAngel2 like this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I missed a mountain climb because of my injuries.

I will write more when I’m not so tired.

Sincerely Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don’t really have broken bones but my hips are bothering me.

Nerve injuries and muscle injuries take much longer to heal than broken bones. :-BLet me tell you this from my own sad experience getting a tennis arm from lifting toddlers to change their nappies.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  9. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart That day my mom, two sisters, a brother and a nephew had hiked a local mountain. I had said a few days before that i wanted to go but changed my mind the night before because my hips were really bothering me.

earlybird-obi-wan the healers are aware that her hips are/were bothering her.

AzureAngel2 Well I have always had problems with my hips. The problems have been with me since I was born and will be with me until I die. It's a problem with my skeletal system.

Dear Mai,

I am better and have been doing school work for the most part. Did you know that on I’areal when they tell you ‘turn the other cheek’ it doesn’t mean if someone hits you let them hit you again it means ‘treat me like an equal’. The natives of I’areal use the left hand to perform certain actions like using the refresher, punishing someone and so on. The Eal backhand those that they see beneath them with their left hand so turning your head so that they have to hit you with an open hand forcing them to either not hit you or treat you like an equal.

Thought you would like that.

Sincerely Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My Consoler shared this with me some time ago and she got that from a Rabbi. We were talking about religion one day and how you have to understand the culture of the worshippers or certain things go right over your head.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Insightful and contemplative update. =D= @};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Oh, sorry, I did not know it and thought you refer to your character and not to yourself! [face_blush]

Lady_Misty likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    insightful in cultural differences

13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart thanks

AzureAngel2 it's okay. I get confused too at times.

earlybird-obi-wan to be friends you must understand each other in all respects.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

Rain has been falling for the passed several days but we stayed inside for training or other studies. Part of me is missing Coruscant. I got used to bustle of Coruscant and the million and one things that one could do there. I still remember when I arrived on Coruscant to be trained as a Jedi. Master Aissur had taken me to a Medical Center on Coruscant to do a full medical evaluation and I was just in shock. I was looking everywhere since I had never seen Coruscant in person, just in Holo Dramas and, news reels and Holo Documentaries. It was louder than anything I was used to and there was so much to see. It was also a big cultural shock as well. Females exposing large patches of skin that my people keep covered since that’s where our unique markings usually are.

I had to remind myself that I didn’t have to advert my eyes and apologize since they aren’t Caféaulait but it was still embarrassing. Some of the older female Jedi Students teased me for my shyness in the locker areas attached to training rooms. Thank the Force that the showers weren’t communal.

What inspired this trip down memory lane? Coruscant.

Back home they are getting ready for the Harvest Fesival. Some dress up in costumes and there are costume parties. I sort of miss that.

Write later.

Sincerely Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am honestly surprised that Aditi and I wrote more about her past.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed reading more on her past and the expectations/reactions based on culture.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    nice to read more about what she thought about Coruscant, females with exposed skin and her fellow Jedi

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I look forward to the descriptions of the Harvest Festival.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart It was was fun writing it.

earlybird-obi-wan it was a cultural shock for her on different levels and I am sure that some people from different countries feel the same going to another country with different customs let alone clothes. My mother was in the US Military for three years and she visited Italy, passed through Germany and one other country and said that in Italy it wasn't safe to show tattoos because people would thing you've been to prison, Germany was clean and the people polite.

AzureAngel2 No description of the Harvest Festival. But there is a legend.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mini Challenge: Fright Night

Dear Mai,

Tonight is ‘Fright Night’ as the galaxy calls it and back home the Harvest Festival is wrapping up. Not sure about this year but in years past beings have dressed up as animals, aliens, Religious figures, creatures from myths/legends, characters from movies, shows or cartoons and even objects.

From my studies ‘Fright Night’ stems from a ancient myth of monsters being let lose on the inhabitants of the Living Realm to wreck havoc. Not sure if I can pronounce it’s old name let alone spell it without a spelling program to let me know that I have it wrong. For the most part beings stayed home and if they had to go out they wore a disguise so the monsters wouldn’t recognize them. Over the millienia it’s become ‘Fright Night’. Many throw parties and have costime contests to see who as the better costume and sometimes candies are given to the younger players.

For our Fright Night I am going to wear my Ceremonial Dress and smear blackmakeup under my eyes, blue makeup over them, green makeup around my mouth and white makeup on my cheekbones and as teartracts and then braid my hair in many small braids before braiding them together and be Kali the Erlösen.

The legends say that Kali used to be a loyal servant of Chaos who spread fear among my ancestors. According to some tales she wasn’t above pulling mean spirited pranks on my people just to see them suffer while she and other servant pf Chaos laughed.

Farmers and villages knew when she and others would be causing trouble for them if they saw an unfamiliar young woman wearing a dark ceremonial dress doing a complex dance in a field.

That all changed one day when she saved a young child from a well. The legends say that after Kali had the child on solid ground the child gave her a kiss and Kali began to question her role as a servant of Chaos. One day she came to the conclution conclusion that she had been used by Chaos and went wandering Tiston in despair. One day she arrived in a town and ascended the steps of a Mandira Schrein. Her dark ceremonial dress was tattered and filthy and her hair was a tangled mess. The inhabitants of the town watched her in horrified confusion since she was known far and wide and they couldn’t understand why a servant of Chaos would willingly enter a Mandira Schrein.

Kali collasped in a corner and wept as she demanded if she was worth saving. The legends says that she was told that she was worth it. Kali turned and saw that it was the child she had saved from the well. Kali then touched the child and they vanished in a bright light. After that legends differ on exactly what happened but they do agree that Kali shed her former self and when she reappeared she was wearing a light ceremonial dress and told the townsfolk what she had learned about Harmony.

Now it is considered good luck to see her dancing in a field and supposedly she appears at Mandira Schreine all over Tiston and if you listen you can hear her singing while you walk the corridors.

Some beings and groups have problems with using religious figures as costumes but my ancestors sometimes dressed as servants of Chaos. Guess its alright.

When I was much younger I was a Paka and once I dressed up like a Tooka but I always liked to hear about Kali.

Sincerely Aditi,

P.S.

The party was fun! My Master dressed as the Hero of Time’s shadow and I lost count of how many dressed up like Holo Drama actors, famous beings and animals. It was a great idea to have a party like this.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Interesting update with the legend of Kali

19. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Thanks earlybird-obi-wan

Nyota's Heart and AzureAngel2 it appears that both of you have missed an update.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

Not feeling well today.

Got a letter from home and it brought a smile to my face.

Got high scores again in nearly all my classes.

Might write later.

Sincerely, Aditi

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay for the high scores.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I hope she will get well. High scores must help;)

22. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart high scores on schoolwork is always good; one of my sisters has been scoring VERY well at college right now.

earlybird-obi-wan she feels better now.

AzureAngel2 you've missed an update.

Dear Mai,

I never thought the Temple of Ashla/Bogden could be so warm for being so large. It’s warmer than the Jedi Temple.

We did more training today and on a dare I recieted the entire Jedi Code mimicing Coralea from that popular animated holo drama. It was more amusing than I thought it would be and I was able to keep a straight face the entire time; that’s less than Jaina Solo could do.

I almost wanted recite the Legend of Harmony and Chaos but I didn’t think that they would appreiate the full legend or my vocal impressions of Harmony, Chaos and their allies like Kali.

Write later.

Sincerely Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aditi wasn’t feeling well last week because that day I wasn’t feeling great when I wrote the entry. I had gone shopping with my mother and a brother before picking up my younger brother from school. I started feeling hot to the point I had yanked off my hoodie and rolled down a window out of fear that I would vomit because I was so hot. Getting too hot has happened to be before and it has led me to vomited before; once I worried a first cousin once removed (a cousin’s son). I might have been motion sick since I had eaten something and had been reading Tarkin while the car was in motion. Or maybe my snack didn’t agree with me.

By the way; I liked Tarkin better than A New Dawn.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Aditi is full of mischief and a wry bit of observation. She sees something that Jaina perhaps doesn't realize as yet. ;) Something to do with Jag, maybe? :)

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Fun update and excellent observations

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, you put Kali into your story. :D And sorry that I am seldom on-line these days. My life is a total mess at present.