main
side
curve

Challenge Dear Diary Challenge 2020 - Votes for 2019 Diaries due 2-1-2020

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 11, 2019.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations to the winners!!! =D= @};- Riveting and wonderful reads!

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Force Ghost star 5

Feb 27, 2014
    =D= WOOHOO! Big congratulations to @CaraJinn and @Raissa Baiard on very deserving wins! [face_dancing] And well done to everyone who took part! Thank you all for keeping this wonderful, classic challenge going. =D=

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  3. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Aww, thanks so much. I didn't really see this coming, but it made my day today. [:D]

4. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
  5. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    On behalf of Ronen and the entire team, thank you so much! [:D]

6. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    It's not yet June, but I can already see that I can't get Ahsoka to the end of her story by July, so I'd like to expand to full year diary for her.

7. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    @CaraJinn, sorry for the late reply! Yes, it's fine if you want to switch your 6-month diary to a full-year one. :) Same goes for anyone else, just let us know for records keeping purposes.

Findswoman likes this.
  8. Anedon

Anedon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 2016
  9. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    Almost-July Announcements

Hi everyone,

Just a few announcements as we're quickly approaching July.

July-December diaries are starting up soon! Just as a reminder, these half-year diaries only have to be 12 entries in the end. So if you want to write a slightly shorter story, the half-year diary may be a good option for that. July-December diaries can be posted starting July 1.

Current and recently completed diaries

Congrats to all the writers, in competition and out of competition. Thanks for sharing your stories with us! :) Here's a list of the current in-competition or completed diaries for this year. (Kudos to @Adalia-Durron and @Anedon for the first completed half-year diary of the year!)

Before the Saga

Diary of a Very Sympathetic Padawan by devilinthedetails. Updated 2020 June 19

The Saga

Outcast by CaraJinn. Updated 2020 June 13

A Drop in the Bucket by Mechalich. Updated 2020 June 24

Beyond the Saga

Realizing my Heart's Fondest Dream by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha. Updated 2020 June 18

X-Wing Pilot by earlybird-obi-wan. Updated 2020 June 26

Powers vs. Passion by Adalia-Durron and Anedon. Completed 2020 June 27

And here's the survey part of things.

We're thinking of relaxing some of the deadline requirements due to the continuing pandemic and how that affects a lot of writers' fanfic writing time and energy. One suggestion for this is that there would be no removing diaries for missed updates BUT the update total for the year/half-year would need to be the same to be eligible for the competition. Keeping to the schedule is something that Pandora and I would really recommend doing if you can anyway, since it can be daunting to write a bunch of stuff at the last minute. But we're hoping a less strict deadline may help. Please let us know what you think and if you have alternate ideas for what to do with deadlines -- or if you want it to stay as-is.

Best wishes,
    Kahara

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  10. Briannakin

Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm currently debating doing a OC (Teilo) half-diary because my muse has been itching me for more Pan/Teilo lately and I think I just need to force myself to see the world through Teilo's eyes. But time and plans and life aren't cooperating much these days.

And yeah, times are weird, so I think really relaxing of the rules might be a good idea for the next bit.

11. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I would like to attempt a half DDC. Things with the baby are balancing out and seeing that I will be typing it on Google Docs I will have an easier time at least writing the entries.

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU Mod - Aussie Queen star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Were we the only ones in this?!?!? :eek: Did we win by default! :p

Kahara and Anedon like this.
  13. Kahara

Kahara Force Ghost star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    I'm actually not sure! It'll depend on if we have January-June and July-December diaries competing or keep each set in their own category like last time (at least, I think they were all in their own thing last time).

Findswoman likes this.
  14. Briannakin

Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Feb 25, 2010
    Question: to enter into the half diary, do you have to have your first entry up by mid-way through July or do you have till end of July to post 2 entries (you guys have probably answered this before, I just cant find it).

I still want to try to do a half diary and I'm like 90% finished my first entry, but my company who was only supposed to be here for the weekend is now going to be here all week so I'm not getting time to finish it this week.

Kahara likes this.
  15. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    @Briannakin: You do indeed have until the end of July to start posting your diary.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Kahara and Briannakin like this.
  16. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
  17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yay! I actually managed to post my first entry for my half diary!!! Through His Eyes is now up and we will see actually how far I get with this [face_blush]

Kahara likes this.