main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Dear Diary Challenge: Memory Logs - OCs, mentions of CCs

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I think I know what's going on with Lady, too. Her complaints sound like classic symptoms of early pregnancy.

2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Thank you, the Little Jedi, as of now, is due in mid April.

@AzureAngel2 I hope you continue to heal and are soon able to get back to doing what you love. And thank you for reviewing when you have time.

@Cowgirl Jedi 1701 *giggles* Life imitates art: yes, Lady is pregnant.

I would have had this up earlier but the Internet at my In-Laws has been finicky where my laptop is concerned and I was worried that it would load incorrectly.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I finished my gifts for Lady, Captain Grumpy and their baby. At first Lady wasn’t so sure of the gifts but once she realized how important they are she tied to refuse them but I convinced her that it was an honor to make them for my friends. Captain Grumpy was beyond honored to receive such a wonderful gift and thanked me more times than I can count for them.

I am glad that I could give them such a gift.

Xxx

Moron’s junkpile of a ship finally reappeared with Lady Vader, Bear, Jedi and a newcomer onboard but without Moron.

From what we heard the Junkpile’s hyperdrive refused to work and they were chased by Death Squadron. They managed to escape and limped to a port for repairs and got help from the newcomer. What they didn’t know was the Empire tracked them there and they ambushed by the Lord Vader.

Jedi went to help them and fought Lord Vader and lost. He’s brave, or incredibly foolish to face Lord Vader when any sane person would have turned and run in the opposite direction.

I think I ‘met’ Lord Vader once and by that, I mean I just happened to be in the same area as he happened to be. There was this strange cold in the air and several people complained and asked if the environment system and controls were damaged. And there was this thing that I can only think of as a well of power but it felt more like a black star pulling anything within reach in than a wellspring of life.

I wasn’t sure if I would feel warm again when the feeling just went away and the cold and mood went away. We were told it was above our paygrade to know what went on that day.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful that she gave a gift to the expecting parents. :D Great ESB tie-in with the reappearance of the junkpile [face_laugh] Yes, the Jedi was incredibly brave. :) Loved the description of the atmosphere in Vader's presence: cold and ominous. [face_thinking]

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    The slogan for the Hoth campaign should not be: Winter is coming!

But: Vader is coming!

[face_rofl]

5. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha thank you. I was inspired partly by Rebels to have Rebekka describe Vader as 'cold' and the imagery someone painted, I can't remember if was a book or a fan fic or just someone talking, where Anakin was likened to a supernova and the fact that supernovas have a habit of becoming black holes.

@AzureAngel2 fun fact: in the original novelization for ANH when Vader boarded Leia's ship their were still Rebel Soldiers in the hallway and when they saw him they fled in fear. And I just realized that if you take that deleted concept into consideration and the second to last scene in Rogue One their terror makes perfect sense: they had just witnessed this Thing effortlessly cut through their friends and colleagues mere hours ago; I would be running away as fast as I could too.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That was strange.

I was with some people talking and the Jedi joined us.

We talked about several things and the conversation moved to how the Jedi had faced Lord Vader and someone mentioned how in a dialect on a planet they spent a lot of time on ‘Darth’ translates to ‘dark’ and ‘Vader’ translates to ‘father’.

The Jedi became very quiet and I commented that it probably was just a coincidence and words and phrases that mean one thing in one language often translates into something completely different. I mentioned how ‘Dooku’ means ‘poison’ in one of the Kawa Dialects but in another language it either sounds very similar to a rather rude word or translates to a rather rude word.

At least that got him laughing and his mind off whatever was bothering him.

Maybe he was thinking of his dead father and how he never got a chance to meet him because he died hours before he was born. Remembering how his father’s own men turned on him like rabid animals and emptied their power packs into his lifeless body just to make sure he was dead.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am working on a handful of on shots that will go more in-depth to some of the chapters and explain a few things like what happened in this entry and what happened when Vader visited the Base Rebekka was stationed at.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! Definitely some undercurrents going on here. [face_thinking]

7. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha I think it's sort of funny that Hela/Rebekka and her people are completely unaware what is bothering Luke and Hela/Rebekka just assumes he's just upset at a reminder that his father is dead without knowing Bespin was a month ago and Darth Vader told him that Obi-Wan lied him and he was his father. I hope you enjoyed it.

@AzureAngel2

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have been assigned permanently as freelance freight runners; at least until the leaders decide otherwise.

This works really well for us since Lady and Captain Grumpy don’t have anyone to take care of their baby until the fighting ends.

I can’t imagine handing my newborn baby over to anyone, even my parents, to take care of because I couldn’t take care of them.

A member or two of the crew has asked if their children can be brought on board to add to the illusion of us being freelance freighters but a decision hasn’t been made yet.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very hard to navigate the career demands with a new family. [face_thinking] The choice between handing your kid over, even to family, versus having them in the midst of potential dangers. =D=

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Update 26th September:
    We talked about several things and the conversation moved to how the Jedi had faced Lord Vader and someone mentioned how in a dialect on a planet they spent a lot of time on ‘Darth’ translates to ‘dark’ and ‘Vader’ translates to ‘father’.
    The Jedi became very quiet and I commented that it probably was just a coincidence and words and phrases that mean one thing in one language often translates into something completely different. I mentioned how ‘Dooku’ means ‘poison’ in one of the Kawa Dialects but in another language it either sounds very similar to a rather rude word or translates to a rather rude word.

Be glad that you were facing the son and NOT the actual father when making such linguistic jokes. Because Luke has humour and no complicated history with the Count.

Update 6th October:
    I can’t imagine handing my newborn baby over to anyone, even my parents, to take care of because I couldn’t take care of them.

Since I am working at the creché and not with the older kindergarten kids I can tell you that it is all too easy for some parents to drop off their off-spring for more than 9 hours per day. Others though have a hard time letting go. It depends on the individual parent & his/ her attitude. Plus the work pressure that person has.

10. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha It's a hard choice and sadly both Lady and Captain Grumpy don't have family to send their child when they are born or they would so they could do more for the Rebellion besides transport goods and earn a little money for the Rebellion but at the end of the day they are grateful that they won't be endangering their child.

@AzureAngel2 I don't know, I think Anakin/Vader might find it amusing that 'Dooku' in some language out there is pronounced the same way as a word/phrase that refers to the butt and, I'm pretty sure, poop. I'd type the exact words from Wookiee but there's a forbidden word and i try to avoid forbidden words anyway so just go to Wookieepedia and read Dooku's entry there.

My Mom didn't want to work once she became a parent but her ex husband wasn't kind enough to have a job where she could and she tried but at least once she picked him up from daycare and Harley was wearing an outfit she hadn't provided for him when she had dropped him off and the clothes he was wearing and the outfit she had provided as a backup and learned that he had gotten not just his first and second outfit wet, somehow, but a THIRD outfit the daycare had put him in.

My sister Raquel didn't have daycare for Eddie because we watched him since he was six weeks old.

I did volunteer at Bryg's daycare and the majority of the caregivers, once they got comfortable were okay with dropping their little ones off and happy to pick them up. One of the mothers Bryg didn't particularly care for because she felt like the mother was using her to correct behaviors in the child that the mother didn't like since the toddler attended enough to keep the spot but we could go awhile without seeing the child.

I hope you feel better soon!

Okay, on to the entry!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That was fun and I sure wouldn’t mind doing that again.

It’s been quiet in a good way but there are whispers that the Empire is doing something but nothing duracrete solid as to what.

Xx

I just got some bad news and I don’t know how to feel.

I have shed so many tears and I pray that they will be fine.

Xxxx

Nova Go’s Personal Log

I never knew Hela could flirt like that! I think I’m jealous that they were paying her that much attention and just let us pass without any more trouble.

I just wish that I knew how to comfort her when I saw that her brother and a few of his friends were in an accident and apparently her brother is dead. I know she wants to go home and even though we could safely drop her off so she could go home for his funeral and spend some time with her family as they grieve but we can’t guarantee that we could pick her back up safely.

Captain Kietruda offered to see if we could get a job with one of our stops being her home planet but Hela turned him down since the Empire looks into the history of anyone that wants consistent work ferrying goods from her home planet.

She said she will write a letter saying how much she loves them and that work is making it hard to come home but that she will them in spirit.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That is a heartbreaking quandary to be in but it looks like they found the best solution under the circumstances.

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I fully agree with Ny here. It is the best solution under the circumstances.

13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha it really is and what makes it even harder for Rebekka is the fact that while her brother wasn't killed, she's using her friend's identity and her friend is using hers so it's' the real Hela's brother that's dead, but Rebekka did have someone in the accident as well and she's unsure how to handle that and the fact that she knows Hela has to be heartbroken but she can't express her grief where anyone can see her unless Rebekka's person dies and maybe go home on Leave but even if it was an option she can't because it would give her away as Hela and not Rebekka because the families will know the difference.

@AzureAngel2 sadly it it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well the little one is here.

I forgot how small and fragile babies are.

On a darkly amusing note we were watching a show on the holonet to pass time and Mech complained about the propaganda that played and I said that in some ways it’s better than those political campaign ads that would run before the Senate was disbanded and to one degree or another everyone agreed; at least we know that the Emperor and his cronies are evil but with all the smear campaigning attached to public office it can leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

At least it’s fun to poke fun at and mock the propaganda.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AWWWWWWWWW! Babies! [face_laugh] They are definitely something to gush over, and I'm sure everyone will spoil him/her shamelessly. As for making fun of certain kinds of advertising/claims, it's sometimes way too easy to :rolleyes: and go yeah, right. :p

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I forgot how small and fragile babies are.

Working at the creché, I know. :p But thanks for describing that so vividly in your fic. [face_love]

16. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Babies are always cute! [face_love] Well when it's election time you quickly find the political ads to become annoying and you find yourself muting them instead of listening to them because 9/10 they're smearing their opponent instead of telling you what they have voted for in the past and what they plan on doing for us.

@AzureAngel2 A friend of my MIL recently had a grandchild and she shared pictures and the little one was so small! And a week or two before we made the general pregnancy announcement a family at church was watching a one month baby while the little one's foster parents were on a vacation that they had planned before the little one arrived. I have no idea when the last time Rebekka has been around a newborn baby, probably since before she was asked to join the Rebellion.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Captain Grumpy knows how to take the fun out of things: he reminded us after we laughed and mocked the Empire’s propaganda that if the Empire falls in our lifetime we will have to deal with those political ads we were so glad weren’t airing.

And by the Creators he’s right!

I guess having freedom to chose those that govern us and having to deal with the smear campaigns is a good trade off if we won’t be under the Emperor and his corrupt cronies and have to deal with Imperial Propaganda

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kahara likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice post showing the 2 sides of the freedom to choose. :p =D=

18. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha yup, you either get propaganda or smear campaigns and as an American I only have to deal with smear campaigns roughly every two years and it only gets worse leading up to the first Tuesday in November and there's a reason Mute Buttons exist.

@AzureAngel2

I would have updated last week but between it being so cold in the Living Room and then spending some time with my SIL Dany I didn't get around to updating so here's a slightly longer than usual entry.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Finally, my datapad refused to start for about two standard weeks! I was afraid I lost all information on this piece of junk and would be set back four years.

What I haven’t been able to record is everything is going well with the Crew, the Youngest Crew Member is getting bigger everyday and ever so curious and several Crew Members are officially couples and we’re still flying supplies around.

We just heard that the Empire is building another Death Star and while it’s startling it fits with the things we have heard and found including massive shipments of metal ore and components being sent somewhere unknown as well as engineers and scientists being recruited for something. It was the same as when they were building the first Death Star.

We aren’t going to take part in the attack because we are needed to do something else if we succeed in destroying the Death Star.

Something though feels wrong though about the situation. It seems too perfect. Us learning about the Death Star II and then we learn that the Emperor, who rarely leaves Coruscant and when he does we only learn about it afterwards, is visiting the Death Star II so he can oversee the final stages of construction in person.

It reminds me of baiting traps back home for anything from vermin that get into preserved foods to hunting animals for food. You bait the trap with something the animal in question likes to eat or at the very least attracts them and gets to the investigate and then go for the bait only for the trap to spring and either die or become stuck in a cage or leg trap and left at the mercy of the hunter

If the attack fails we will go underground and keep moving freight.

Either way I will do the same thing no matter what.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice everyday happenings with the Youngest Crewmember ;) and couples being formed. Then speculations about a 2nd Death Star and the Emperor leaving Coruscant to supervise! Momentous happenings, but of course the outcome for the crew will either involve more business as usual -- just more secretively in case of failure. [face_thinking]

20. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha for them, ebign cut off often from the rest of the Rebellion, only running jobs that won't connect them to the Rebellion and a few other things that could be brushed aside as 'wrong place, wrong time'. Well after being together for so long crew members not in a relationship were bound to start bonding and forming closer friendships that could evolve into romance.

@AzureAngel2 thank you for all the likes!

Just in case neither of you has seen, the baby is a boy.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Emperor and Lord Vader are dead, and the Imperial Fleet has scattered.

We haven’t won quite yet but we are much closer to freeing the galaxy of tyranny than we were before Endor but beings are celebrating already. A part of me wonders if the celebration is premature but it’s hard not to be caught up in the moment and feel the excitement that comes with knowing that your oppressor is dead.

I could be back home within a year or so. I haven’t been back except to pick up or drop off the occasional ship load of supplies.

Maybe I’ll sign up to work on another freighter, I have come to enjoy the companionship of others like this crew, after I spend time with family and friends. Who knows, maybe Captain Grumpy will ask me to stay on as a crew member. We have no known connection to the Rebellion and even though some crew members wouldn’t mind being known as Rebel Soldiers most are so used to the anonymity we have enjoyed it would feel strange for it to be announced; not to mention harder to lead a normal life and get a good job or feel that you were only got hired because of your connection to the Rebellion or, Harmony forbid, pro Imperialists target you or your family and kill them.

Thank the First Ones I didn’t use my real name for this mission.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kahara likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lots of happy feels because the Rebellion/Alliance has scored a significant victory, tangible in the demise of Vader and the Emperor. Natural to ponder what career path to pursue. Wanting to continue doing something similar... [face_thinking]

Lady_Misty likes this.
  22. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha I know but she has time to figure that out.

@AzureAngel2

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The fighting is still going on but will hopefully end soon.

I’ve spoken with Captain Grumpy/Kietruda about whether or not he plans on staying a freighter captain or stopping and he said that he would have to talk to Lady/Shayra and see what she would like to do.

He did say that if I want to get a job as a navigator on another freighter he would give me a glowing recommendation.

It will be hard to leave my new friends behind after being with them for almost over five years but I have done it before and probably will continue to do so; at least we can keep in touch and it isn’t like in years long passed when you moved away the odds of you hearing from your old friends was slim to non-existent.

Singer/Tay told me that she’ll miss our duets together, if we go our separate ways, and honestly I will miss them too; so will the crew since we’d sing to help entertain the crew.

I know I will miss listening to Music Man/Valerious playing his instruments but I know he’s looking forward to going home and being able to play the ones that are harder to transport and can’t easily stored in our crates or the tiny closets.

Boss/Dermid thinks he will get another job on a ship if Captain Kietruda settles down or gets a smaller ship.

Loud Mouth/Wyllis wants to stay with Kietruda, even if it’s on a smaller ship, but if the Captain isn’t going to fly anymore than he will seek employment elsewhere; he apparently has lots of experience and plenty of former employers that would rehire him if he showed up looking for a new job.

Fertilizer/Kiel isn’t sure what’s next for him but he does want to visit home first and spend time with his family.

Mech/Azriel says he could probably get a job anywhere because he’s a good mechanic if he won’t have work on the ship.

Farm Boy/Lucius is eager to go back to his home planet and work out of a space port instead of a ship.

Newbie/Lira just wants to get back to whatever she was doing before the Council assigned her to our ship.

Diva/Nova thinks she’ll like to try modeling and if that doesn’t work out she’ll get a job at some space port as mechanic.

Acqua/Marci says she wants to help find Sex Trade victims and use the skills she’s learned with us and the Rebellion to track them down and bring them home. It’s a very worthy cause and I know someone that might be able to help her bring them home. I feel unambitious for wanting to go home, see my family and get on another freighter and I think a few other crew members feel similar.

It will be strange to hear people say my real name for the first time in over five years.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kahara likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lots of sharing of plans and revealing of actual names ;)

Lady_Misty likes this.
  24. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha yeah, and you'll never believe how much time I spent on some of the names.

@AzureAngel2 read when you can. *hugs*

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don’t know why but the lyrics of a song I barely remember keep coming to my mind. From what I remember it’s about someone singing about coming home after being gone for a long time or the singer is talking about how they’re going to be gone for a long time but telling someone how they have to go and that they’ll be back and what to look for to know when they’ll be back and how they don’t want to be trapped in the fields by someone and assuring them that they will come home.

Maybe I’m thinking about it because my Mom was worried about my assignment offworld and I had to assure her that I would be okay and that I would be back. I wasn’t being truthful and I wasn’t sure if I would walk down the path leading home.

Maybe it will be a quiet morning with a light mist hovering over the ground with the early morning sun making the world look mystical. Everyone will be awake as they will have work to do on the farm but it I time it just right I could arrive just as everyone is sitting down at the table to eat breakfast and everyone will be so excited to see me and there will be huge and greetings; than I will be sent to change out of my clothes and help with everyone’s chores.

I think I will enjoy it.

I still don’t know when I will be going home but I have a feeling that it will be soon.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kahara likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, @Lady_Misty -- this had such a gorgeous nostalgic, wanting to be home feel! ^:)^ =D= Gave me happy chills! [face_dancing] Reuniting with loved ones after however long a break, especially when you didn't know if/when you'd see them again, especially touching!

Lady_Misty likes this.