main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dear Qahsa ? The Yuuzhan Vong Strike Back [Diary 2007 - OC, Tahiri] - 09/28 - Happy b-day Blue

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Maggy, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Title: Dear Qahsa ? The Yuuzhan Vong Strike Back
    Author: Maggy
    Characters: OCs, Tahiri, Tekli, Danni, Zonama Sekot, ...
    Timeframe: after NJO
    Genre: Challenge Entry

Summary: The qasha entries of the young Yuuzhan Vong warrior, Kshatra, Domain Kraal.

Author?s Notes: Written for the Dear Diary 2007 Challenge:

There really wouldn't be very many rules and regulations here, but it would go through the entire year of '07. The premise is to write diary entries from the point of view of one character, preferably an OC. You don't have to write every day, although you could write as often as you want. A minimum of two (maybe one a month) would be okay. We all know about DRL and how unsympathetic he (or she) can be toward our muses.

Sure, your POV character should be an OC, but you can use as many canon characters as you want in the supporting cast. Any era is acceptable, and your lead character can be anything you can think of from a great Jedi Master to the Republic's most ordinary citizen. Perhaps a ruthless bounty hunter or a beautiful dancer, or anything in between. Like I said whatever you dream up.

SW belongs to George Lucas except those OC?s they are mine ;)

Thanks to Spike2002 for helping with title and giving it a look over (at times at least) [:D]

2. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    The war is over and now the proud warriors of the Yuuzhan Vong are trapped on this living planet. Not only that, we are watched by Jeedai.

Female Jeedai.

What a shame that is!

The gods have left us for Shimrra?s betrayal. They would never have allowed the infidels to rule over us.

This Jeedai and this planet are trying to establish a new system. One without hierarchy. We, the proud warriors of Yun-Yammka shall now be gardeners, weed like the shamed ones.

But there are no shamed ones anymore. They are still shamed but it?s not allowed to call them like that anymore.

It is also strange for a warrior to write a qahsa at all but I feel like writing down what?s going on.

I?m Kshatra from Domain Kraal. This alone is not really honourable and not something I?m proud of but it is not changeable.

Most of my Domain fought in the skies of Borleia and died there. The remaining ones were greatly discredited for the loss of the planet to the infidels.

I was too young to fly with them and now it is too late to fight. Secretly I train but there is no chance that I ever am able to fly.

My working shift is going to start ? later more about those Jeedai.

One day the proud Yuuzhan Vong will conquer this galaxy and then they can weed!

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Great start Maggy.

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    *grins* Really, really good...

- The Imperial Ewok

5. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Looks good!

Please PM me with updates!

[:D]

6. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Spike:

thank you [:D]

Wollknäuel:

[face_blush] thank you [:D]
    *grins back at*

G__:

I'm going to pm you
    thank you

[:D]

:D

~ Mags ~

7. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Really nice start...Can't wait to see where this goes.=D=

8. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Good start, Maggy :D Hurry up and post some more!

9. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Please write more Yuuzhie goodies soon

10. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Cam:

Are you okay with being called Cam?

Really nice start...Can't wait to see where this goes. =D=

thank you :D
    I?m looking forward to see where it leeds me too ;)

Yobs:

Good start, Maggy :D Hurry up and post some more!

Working on it, working on it!

Sil:

Please write more Yuuzhie goodies soon

:cool: I?ll try
    You can be assured there will be more Yuuzhan Vong at least ;)

11. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Note This part is not beta-readed [face_blush]
    and English isn't my native language [face_whistling]

[Edited because of language]

I didn?t want to start with a rant! But weed for a whole day - a week ? dunno how long - and stay sane!

Your whole body turns stiff from this low work. Shall the [i]Jeedai[/i] weed! Hell, they just overlooked and advised how to handle a shovel - a metal abomination after all. Those are truly shameful days for the Yuuzhan Vong.

To be fair, there was only one Jeedai, a blonde one, rather ugly if you take Yuuzhan Vong standard. Blonde hair, even skin, no scars nor tattoos! That they consider that [i]beautiful[/i]?! Those infidels are strange!

Rumours spread that this planet had been once Yuuzhan?tar. If this is true how dare it to fight against its children?

Yun?Harla is really playing with us!

This blonde Jeedai, it is said she reformed our own growing against us is now working with shapers. They always had been better ones. They don?t need to weed. And yes, this weeding is getting to me.

I haven?t seen the other two [i]Jeedai[/i] yet but they can?t be far away.

Rumours spread that there will be soon a travel through dark space.

The last battle was over merely one of those infidel months and they depart us already. And they call that [i]peace[/i]!

We are nothing more then slaves now but my opinion doesn?t count at all.

I wish I have my amphistaff back ? at least I would die fighting and not as a weeding worm!

A priest announced in the late afternoon that it is about time that we form groups which shall go hunting and fishing.

I?m sure Sekot will not be happy about that. She ? can a planet even have a gender? - It will surely interfere with the plan at some point with ?plants are enough to feed beings?.

I have to be in one of those groups ? like every warrior wants to.

Darn Shimrra and his betrayal!

12. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I actually think the choppy language adds something to the storytelling (sorry if it wasn't your intent!)

What do the Yuuzhan Vong consider an "ideal woman"?
    (wait weren't there female warriors, like in Balance Point?)

13. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Very nice update.

14. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    This is a very nice thing you have going here, you really convey the warrior's frustrated thoughts well. The short sharp paragraphs make them appear all the more snappy and discontended with their situation.
    Can't wait to read more :)

15. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter

16. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    kecen:

I actually think the choppy language adds something to the storytelling (sorry if it wasn't your intent!)

the choppy language was intended
    My main worry is always grammar and word confusion ? you might read here ?dairy entries? instead of ?diary entries? :p ;)

What do the Yuuzhan Vong consider an "ideal woman"?
    (wait weren't there female warriors, like in Balance Point?)

the ideal woman? [face_thinking]
    Tattooed and scared skin, maybe split lip, damaged nose, amputated fingers? Dunno?

Does that help to image the ideal woman?

SilSolo:

Very nice update.

thank you :D

Blue_but_beautiful:

This is a very nice thing you have going here, you really convey the warrior's frustrated thoughts well. The short sharp paragraphs make them appear all the more snappy and discontended with their situation.

[face_blush] Thank you
    I hope I can keep it up

Can't wait to read more :)

I hope I have soon an idea what?s gonna happen next ? can?t let him weed a year long, can I? :p ;)

G_:

Great Chapter

Thank you :)

~ Mags ~

17. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    again this got not beta read [face_blush]
    all mistakes are mine ;)

update pms tomorrow .. sorry for the delay but's nealy 1am where I live

---

Today I saw her. She looks similar to the other Jeedai. Blonde, tanned, trained! Her skin looked also un-scared and she didn?t show any tattoos.

But there is a huge difference. In the sun I could see, despite the distance between us, her three scars on the forehead. Scars of the domain Kwaad.

The Jeedai who was shaped!

The tales are true!

They grow legendary. Some ? actually many ? believed them to be just tails, fairies for children.

They had been all wrong! I saw her.

The blonde mate seemed always very orientated ? had always a goal the shaped Jeedai stroke me as being lost. Is there hope that maybe she can lead the Yuuzhan Vong to new glory? Like this boy with Vua Rapuung fought against a traitorous shaper.

If somebody is going to read this they must have the impression of me being insane.

Maybe I am!

I?m still weeding. Unfortunately I was not warrior enough for a hunting team.

How shall someone improve when kneeling in the dirt all day? At least this low work sends pleasurable pain waves. The back, fingers and in the end the kneecaps.

It?s nothing to a real session in the Embrace of Pain but there is nothing else!

To other things that happened.

We finally moved! We had to stay in caves for days, it rained and stormed. Besides the crazy weather earthquakes shook the countries and some of the caves who offered shelter to us crashed. There wasn?t really anything we could do to help in any way.

I prefer fighting against an enemy you can see! Fighting against something you can?t influence is somehow ? a lost cause.

Many of my crèche mates died in those days. It was a rather shameful death ? crashed by stones and earth. As horrible as their death is, they don?t need to be on this slave ship ? erm ? planet.

It is nothing else.

A slave ship!

I don?t really know how this shall continue, life has no propose anymore! My whole life I was trained to be a warrior and now I?m not allowed to be one. I?m rather sure others think the same but don?t dare to speak up. Yet at least.

The leadership, the three Jeedai women will be challenged soon enough. I?m looking forward to their failure!

EDIT: rereading my entry I notice that at first I support this Jeedai and then I?m not? Somehow strange! I tell you I go crazy here!

18. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    yay an update!

And with regards to 'supporting the jeedai' and then not, makes it sound like the writer is torn between the two ideas. Perhaps they are a good thing, to be used to the advantage of the Yuuzhan Vong, a sign of things progressing even. And then it appears that he is reluctant to be so free in that thinking, because it is like he would be betraying the old ways.
    I really like this entry, seems to me the character making the entries has a lot to ponder over during his weeding. And that's by no means a bad thing :) Very nice!

19. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Great update

20. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Blue_but_beautiful:

yay an update!

yeah [face_blush] I?m slow

And with regards to 'supporting the jeedai' and then not, makes it sound like the writer is torn between the two ideas.

Yeah true, he really doesn?t know what to do with them, so long they have been the enemies and now they shall work together

Perhaps they are a good thing, to be used to the advantage of the Yuuzhan Vong, a sign of things progressing even. And then it appears that he is reluctant to be so free in that thinking, because it is like he would be betraying the old ways.

=D= good catch

I really like this entry, seems to me the character making the entries has a lot to ponder over during his weeding. And that's by no means a bad thing :) Very nice!

Thank you :D
    Aye he has ;)

G__:

Great update

Thank you

21. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    unbeta-read entry [face_blush]
    all mistakes are mine

--

She came today. Proud, with high held head. The blond locks have been loose, her marks, three scars on her forehead, visible to everyone.

A group of warriors had been training with simple staffs. It wasn?t really wise to do such thing but this agricultural thing isn?t in our blood.

The Jeedai didn?t say anything. She was simply staying at some distance, watching. From her expression she judged us. Maybe she was more warrior then she wanted us to believe. After some time she approached, a frown on her face. Despite that, mischief sparked in those green eyes of hers.

I hadn?t been allowed to fight today. The more advanced warriors didn?t pick me to teach me a lesson.

As she was standing in the middle they stopped. And then she spoke up ? not in her infidel language like the others would have done ? no ? in the proud tongue of the Yuuzhan Vong.

She requested an opponent; she wanted to train. Why she didn?t ask one of her fellow Jeedai is beyond me. She looked into the round but nobody dared to move.

Her frown deepened.

She snarled an insult but she only managed that the warriors backed away. Too deep was the respect or the fear ? on of the Jeedai managed to kill Shimrra ? he was supposed to be one of our greatest warriors after all.

She shrugged, snarled a last insult and then left.

All were looking after her, the tension grew visibly with each step.

I waited.

Then on of the higher ranking meant someone should have taken on the offer

I would say my brain stopped to work for a moment. I yelled why didn?t you? She is just an infidel after all.

I felt how all eyes turned on me. The warrior, Chira, stepped before me. Boy, are you even allowed to fight already? he bellowed.

Anger flared up in me and a moment later I rather should have bit my tongue. I spoke up again don?t call me boy. All laughed and I did something stupid, I pushed Chira and he stumbled and in the next moment we were fighting.

I don?t know how but I managed to get the upper hand and was able to knock him unconscious. My nose was broken and bloody but that?s just a good thing, a proud sign for winning.

It was a good fight.

Maybe the chance to fight her isn?t that bad after all. I would love to break this little nose of her.

22. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job

23. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    It's hard to abandon those old ways ain't it? An unexpected turn for them to react to the jedi like that though :)

Maybe the chance to fight her isn?t that bad after all. I would love to break this little nose of her. <---- All that weeding, who can blame him for wanting to? I suppose you'd have to wonder if they blamed the Jedi for that?

Another great entry :D Looking forward to the next.

24. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Ah, the Yuuzhan Vong's capacity for violence never ceases to amaze me ;) You captured his feelings really well, Maggy :D

25. Durell

Durell Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2005
    interesting, reeeealllly interesting... [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.