main
side
curve

Beyond - Legends Dear Tam - Post Jedi AU Diary, How it Ended, and Began Again, (OC's/L -H/L- Complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I like it when Uncle Han tells the stories as they are always about a girl pirate who kicks the Imperial?s be-hinds into the Outer Rim!

I can imagine that is Han's idea of a bedtime story! [face_laugh]

=D=

2. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    He said that it was OK, and that sometimes Uncle Han has a big voice, and a tongue that runs away from him.

[face_laugh]

This diary is great so far! =D= Everyone really comes to life, and Pem 'sounds' like a real kid. Would you mind PMing me when you update? :)

3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Force Ghost star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Replies time!!!!

Oh thank you!

I think he was horrified at the idea of children in general!

It?s going to be a little challenging! I have so many entries ready right now that I?m dying to share! I want to remember this when things get hairy! :p

Oh Pem adores her Uncle Han! It makes him so much fun here!

O:)

Thankfully, there?s still ?regular Han? too ? [face_laugh]

Thank you! And yes, she does! Wait until her brother is born!

Oh yeah! Pem?s Ma-mere would probably be horrified!

I?m so glad you are enjoying it! It?s reall

4. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    As promised - it's update time! If you haven't, you might want to review the very first post for all the details (warnings, PM lists, etc etc). As always, I'm glad you're here!

I 'hit' chapter 25 last night!

Dear Tam,

Today is Pay-Pa and Auntie Leia?s life day. Ma-mere said that before I was born it was called ?Empire day?, but I don?t understand why people wanted to celebrate such a bad thing? Oh well.

Pay-pa and Auntie Leia went to have mid-meal alone together, and tonight there?s going to be a big party with all their other friends and their kids. Ma-mere wants me to meet some of them because I don?t have a lot of friends here that I can really talk to about my Pay-pa. It?s not because I?m supposed to keep it a secret, but Ma-mere says that a lot of the ?political families? want to use Pay-pa and Auntie Leia for their name (and mine too!) and I would be happier with ?regular people? my own age or there abouts. Pay-pa says there are not of lot of Jedi with children yet, at least here because at one time a lot of people were afraid of Jedi! I guess he?s right because some of the Jedi children like me are really funny ? they can use the Force better than I can in some ways but Pay-pa says I have more ?raw potential? and need to learn how to control it better before I play with them and try ?Force games?. I can lift some things but drop them pretty easily, but Pay-pa says I?ll learn soon, and get better every time.

Uncle Han and Ma-mere and Uncle Chewie and I went out today to get a present for Auntie Leia because Ma-mere told Uncle Han that guys don?t know what pregnant ladies like, but I think that was just an excuse for us to go out and leave Pay-pa and Auntie Leia alone. It?s funny, they are kinda sad that it?s their Life Day, maybe it?s because they didn?t grow up together? I miss Tam (my brother) but my life day is always fun anyway ? maybe it?s because they have to share their Life day? I hope Ma-mare?s baby isn?t born on my Life day! But Ma-mere says he should be born before the next one which is very soon! I don?t know what I want for my Life Day this year. This will be the first time Pay-pa will be here for it! Usually on my Life Day we have a little party with my friends, and we have a little wine (mine is mostly water, but I get a taste of the grown up stuff!) and we say a blessing for Tam (my brother) and instead of a lot of stuff, I get to do almost anything I want to (Ma-mere says within reason) . When people found out that Auntie Leia was going to have a baby, they sent so much stuff it took weeks to sort through it all, and the same thing happened when the new baby was announced for Pay-pa. At first I thought it was really neat, but then it seemed to be just too much. They (all the grown ups) sat around and talked about it and even asked me what I thought we should do. It kinda scared me Tam, because it was a big decision and I didn?t want to mess it up! But I told them I thought we could share it because there are some people who have nothing ( I saw a lot of that on Corellia) and maybe it would make them a little happy. Pay-pa was so pleased with me! He said that it was a very grown up choice and I?ll be a good Jedi someday and he was so proud of me.

Uncle Han asked Ma-mere what she was giving Pay-pa for his Life-day, and Ma-mere just laughed and said that it was something that no-one else could give him, and Uncle Han said ?except maybe your brother,? and Ma-mere just laughed even harder and said that she doubted that Pay-pa would like that, and that Uncle Toa might object as well. Then they all started laughing harder when I asked what it was and Uncle Chewie said ?a lock of his hair?.

I just don?t get grown ups.

Uncle Han ended up getting Auntie Leia a very pretty bracelet that came from her home world of Alderaan, and some sweets for ?later?. Uncle Chewie bought her some pretty new shoes, and Ma-mere got her a really nice dress that she can only wear in private because you can see right through it. Ma-mere said it

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Aube's gift to Leia--hee!!! Yuppers, Han's definitely gonna like it :D ;) [face_mischief]

Pem's gifts are too wonderful.

Chapter 25--wowsers!! You'd probably rock at the NaNoWriMo :)

Huggles!!!!!

6. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Uncle Han asked Ma-mere what she was giving Pay-pa for his Life-day, and Ma-mere just laughed and said that it was something that no-one else could give him, and Uncle Han said ?except maybe your brother,? and Ma-mere just laughed even harder and said that she doubted that Pay-pa would like that, and that Uncle Toa might object as well. Then they all started laughing harder when I asked what it was and Uncle Chewie said ?a lock of his hair?.

[face_laugh] =D= Loved it!

7. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    It?s funny, they are kinda sad that it?s their Life Day, maybe it?s because they didn?t grow up together?

This is so poignant. Such insight, via the observations of a child!

Rollin. On. The. Floor. LAUGHING!

Ma-mere got her a really nice dress that she can only wear in private because you can see right through it. Ma-mere said it seemed it was more of a present for Uncle Han than for her!

Sly, you are... :D

Another wonderful entry. I can't wait for more!

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Wonderful entry! =D=

Pem was so cute, as always! [face_love]

[face_laugh] Love it!

25 entries written already? I'm tellin' you, you need to share your productivity! I need some of it! :D :p

I can't wait for more!

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I asked what it was and Uncle Chewie said ?a lock of his hair?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love her innocence and candor

And Leia got such lovely gifts. I hope she and Luke were able to put the sadness behind them and enjoy their lifeday.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. LASOS

LASOS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2008

HAHAHAHHA!!!![face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Same goes for some of Auntie Leia's gifts! A dress that she can only wear in private because you can see right through it. It's more for Uncle Han. H-IL-ARIOUS!!!!!

11. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Another great entry! I really liked Pem's thoughts on Life Days, and her suggestion of sharing the things they got for the baby. And I loved the list of Auntie Leia's presents! :D =D=

12. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hello all!

Time for replies while I can still see straight ? Chapter count is at 33 with an average of close to 800 words per chapter? that plus work on ?Boats? means I?m brushing nearly 30 thousand words in two weeks.

8-}

My fingers would fall off! But I?m glad you agree that Han will Like it.

*tee-hee* Thank you!

Innocent am I!!! I promise!!!

I?m so glad! And yeah, at this rate, I should be done by February.

I don?t think Luke will know what hit him!

Thank you! I?m glad you agree with Pem?s choices. I did too.

OK folks, A new post up by this weekend!

A very tired Breezy

13. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    [iTime for replies while I can still see straight ? Chapter count is at 33 with an average of close to 800 words per chapter? that plus work on ?Boats? means I?m brushing nearly 30 thousand words in two weeks.[/i]

*stares*

**re-reads**

Yep, you said, "nearly 30 thousand words in two weeks..."

*faints*

On the other hand, if you've got such a big stash of these little gems, is there any reason we should wait until the weekend? :D

I'm just sayin'....

14. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Tell you what, if I break 35 I just may...

I have one or two 'incidents' (where Pem proves exactly who's daughter she is) which are demanding to be written, but I really want to keep things flowing as it makes it easier to keep track. But Gah.... :p

Edit - Even though 34 is short, I got 35 (strike that- 37 - Pem wanted to make sure... well, you'll see) so...

15. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Ok - here we go! Once again thank you for reading!

Dear Tam,

Toa came and to help me get dressed so he could take me out because Ma-mere is still very sick ? Gra-mere and Uncle Kay are staying with her today.

I heard Ma-mere arguing with them (Gra-mere, Uncle Kay) that she didn?t want to rest, that she was just fine and had a lot to do like cleaning and stuff before the baby comes, but most importantly that she didn?t want them to get a hold of Pay-pa because he would worry.

Gra-mere got really stern with her and even called her by her full name, and told her that Pay-pa already knows that something?s wrong and the only reason he hadn?t commed is because he?s most likely ?barreling through Hyper-space? to get here. Gra-mare and Kay wanted Ma-mere to drink the special sleepy tea that Gra-mere made, but that made Ma-mere even madder and she said some bad things, and even said that Pay-pa probably shouldn?t come home because when he?s here he?s not! (This is when Toa took me to get dressed because I got scared).

They got really quiet after that, and I cried even though I tried not to. Toa said it was because Ma-mere is lonely for Pay-pa and a little scared too, because it?s almost time for the baby to arrive, and it was the ?fear? talking. I asked Toa if that meant Ma-mere was going to go all ?dark-side? (something bad, I?ve heard Pay-pa talk about it) or even worse, would Pay-pa and Ma-mere leave each other.

Toa said that all grown ups have fights sometimes, even him and Kay, and it didn?t mean they loved each other less, but I still couldn?t stop crying. Toa was really gentle and held me close and rocked me, and hummed a nice pretty tune (he said it?s from his home world) and I felt so safe and warm. I think I even went to sleep for a little bit then because the next thing I knew, I was dressed and Toa was taking me back out to the living room, and I felt OK then.

Ma-mere was lying on the couch with her head in Gra-mere?s lap, and Uncle Kay was crouched next to her with his hands on her tummy (which is SO big now!) and whispering something ? I think he was talking to the baby! Ma-mere opened her eyes a little and smiled at me. She said she was really sleepy, and would it be OK if Toa took me out for pali-tarts while she rested. I told her that sounded like fun, and she was glad because she knew I was no longer upset. I asked her if Pay-pa was coming home and she sighed that she didn?t know, but probably very soon. I started to get really mad, but then almost as if he knew it would make me feel better, I could almost hear Toa?s song again and I really wanted those pali-tarts!

Pay-pa came home tonight! Ma-ere was still sleeping, but she woke up a little when Pay-Pa came through the door. I thought that they would just go to bed together and maybe even ?make up?, but Pay-pa just gave her a little kiss and came out to see me.

He seemed so sad, I took him in my arms and held him tight and tried to hum Toa?s song but I couldn?t remember it. That made him smile, so I guess I remembered enough of it!

Pay-pa asked me if I wanted to go with him to see the Temple before it opened tomorrow, so we are going, just me and my Pay-pa because he thinks Ma-mere will just sleep tomorrow.

Really Tam, I can?t wait until the baby is born and everything is OK again.

Love,

Pem

16. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    [face_love] Awww, you know I just love every word about Toa...

Now I see where it fits with Sailing Little Boats... ;) [face_whistling] Great job, Rick!

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Poor darling honey Pem!!!!!! I just wanna hug her too. Bless Toa for being there and being reassuring. Very well written--the fears all kids have when their parents fight. =D=

Hugs!!!

18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awww... so cute!
    I get the feeling I'm going to saying that a lot with this diary! ;)

I could almost hear Toa?s song again and I really wanted those pali-tarts!
    I loved this because it was so perfectly child like! You do a wonderful job staying young with your writing and I know that is much harder to do than it seems!

Great entry! =D=

19. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Toa said that all grown ups have fights sometimes, even him and Kay, and it didn?t mean they loved each other less, but I still couldn?t stop crying. Toa was really gentle and held me close and rocked me, and hummed a nice pretty tune (he said it?s from his home world) and I felt so safe and warm. I think I even went to sleep for a little bit then because the next thing I knew, I was dressed and Toa was taking me back out to the living room, and I felt OK then.

Toa [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Did you ever do a picture of him, by the way?

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Pay-pa asked me if I wanted to go with him to see the Temple before it opened tomorrow, so we are going, just me and my Pay-pa because he thinks Ma-mere will just sleep tomorrow.

Really Tam, I can?t wait until the baby is born and everything is OK again.

Gotta love Pem! =D=

21. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Replies time! And a new post very soon ?

Chapter count is up to 41!

Yes indeed! Which means I need to get cracking on MY end... O:)

This morning, I'm sure!

Han and Leia may have made family bickering an art form, but Luke and Be' sure do enough of their own...

I hope you end up saying more than that!! And sometimes it's very difficult as Pem is champing at the bit to grow up sometimes..

I do love Toa, he's such a gentle soul... This is the person who best resembles him - Judson Scott in his "Phoenix" years...

[image=http://www.scifistar.com/sciimages/scott-judson.gif]

I really do, and I'm so glad that other people are enjoying her entries.

More to come soon!

22. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...poor little Pem!

I just wanted to give her a big [:D] [:D]

Fortunately, she had Toa to do just that.

Glad to see Luke is home.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

23. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh me too - and I am privy to many, many things having just finished receiving dictation for her 46th entry (because that's how it feels) and I decidedly want to give her a big hug!

As the next chapter contains a minor spoiler for 'Boats', I'll put off posting for another day as we are almost there with that one! [face_batting]

24. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    As [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/28747916/p1/?69]Sailing Little Boats[/link] has been updated (and if you are reading both, I suggest you read that first as this has a little spoiler for it!) I can safely post the newest entry!

As always, thank you for reading!

Dear Tam,

Oh Goddess! Where to start today? I am officially a sister and an Auntie now!

My little brother was born at the Jedi Temple today, up in what Pay-pa calls the Council Chamber ? it?s a big room where all the head Jedi will meet. Pay-pa and Gra-mere will be a part of the main council, Kay and Toa will ?advise?, and Ma-mere will come to some of the meeting but she says she?s not ready to be a Jedi Master like Pay-pa.

My brother?s name is going to be ?Ben?. I know Ma-mere thinks it?s a funny name, but ?Ben? was Pay-pa?s first teacher and Pay-pa wants to honor him. He is really little, Ma-mere says he?s the same size I was and Tam when we were born, but I don?t think I was ever that tiny! He has light hair like Pay-pa and when you can see his eyes, they are blue. Pay-pa thinks they may become brown like Ma-mere?s but Ma-mere says it seems that all of Pay-pa?s babies have his eyes. I asked Pay-pa if he had more babies somewhere else, and he got embarrassed and said he was ?pretty sure?. I wanted to ask if it was because he was like Uncle Toa who only was with other boys, but I could tell that this was something that was ?too grown up to talk about right now?, but then I remembered that my Pay-pa isn?t interested in boys at all because I heard him talking to Uncle Han about it once. I?ll tell you about that some other time though.

Auntie Leia?s babies are called Jaina and Jacen, and I get to see them tomorrow. They are at the Healer?s center but will go home really soon as Kay said that they (the babies and Auntie Leia) are really strong and healthy.

We are going to move into a ?family part? of the Jedi Temple soon! Pay-pa says that our apartment is too small for four people. It?s funny to think of baby Ben as a full person, but I guess he?ll need his own room soon in case Ma-mere and Pay-pa have another baby soon after.

But the biggest thing I want to tell you about is my boy-friend, Nico! He kissed me at the Temple when Ben was born. He is older than me as he is 10 (he thinks), and he is very cute! I haven?t told Pay-pa or Ma-mere about it yet, and he wouldn?t hold my hand in front of Pay-pa or Ma-mere. In fact, he acted like nothing had happened! Maybe he is afraid Pay-pa will cut him up with a lightsaber if he found out?

Oh well, much as I want to see Auntie Leia?s babies, I can?t wait to see Nico again. As Auntie Gi is his Jedi Master, maybe they will be at the Healer?s center tomorrow?

I hope so!

Love,

Pem

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    My brother?s name is going to be ?Ben?. I know Ma-mere thinks it?s a funny name, but ?Ben? was Pay-pa?s first teacher and Pay-pa wants to honor him. He is really little, Ma-mere says he?s the same size I was and Tam when we were born, but I don?t think I was ever that tiny!

[face_love] =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.