main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Science Fiction Drama Unclassifiable Death In The Clouds! Star Wars Clue Spinoff

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Mitth_Fisto, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Come Look, Unveil Evil!
    (CLUE!)

A business tycoon from the old families that first settled Bespin has passed away, under mysterious circumstances. A storm rages outside! A massive system that is predicted to last at least a day unless it's path changes. . .to last longer. His floating mansion in the clouds is under lockdown until the storm passes due to safety concerns and to prevent a killer from escaping. Once it has passed Cloud City Security Forces will arrive and everyone will be taken into custody, questioned, and processed to the fullest extent of the local laws.

For various reasons none present want that outcome, each for their own reasons. Outstanding warrants, tipping of government power plays, clandestine operations, family entanglements, and etc. There is a quiet way out though, for everyone - nearly. No the reduced staff of mansion droids cannot be of assistance, security systems had been turned off for the private event that was being hosted for those very same reasons so that there would be no surviving recorded record of the private event, and the only servants were base model ASP units and a few binary load lifters. Well...Yes and No are the only answers they can give and only to what they were direct witnesses to.

Unfortunately, due to the limited processing power, the body of mogul was found stuck in the trash chute. His body was found damaged by a droid that didn’t recognize what the odd shaped bag contained when it was trying to force it down the trash chute.

All you have to do is search for clues, question everything! And then make your case by locking yourself in the escape pod, which have all been locked down and rebranded isolation pods, and await Cloud City Security to come for you. Then, if you have deduced correctly and they verify the information - you will be summarily released without charges, suspicion, nor being looked at too closely by the temporarily offered amnesty offered by the Cloud City Administrator. Everyone wants a sound and quick conclusion after all.

The final twist of course is that a gas leak caused by the storm had knocked everyone out, causing short term memory loss. So who knows? Perhaps you are the murderer you are looking for? Can you figure out the mystery of the murder before it’s too late and the storm passes?

Or was it you, and you are hoping that the amnesty will extend even that far?

The End is near.

Welcome to CLUE!

It is NOT required that you played the board game in order to join this nor that you know the entirety of events. The mystery is half the fun! Including the era this is from. I will provide a short run down of the rules and gameplay so that you as a reader understand the workings of the world we shall RP.

Additionally hopefully there will be OOC thread.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

Character Sheet
    Name:
    Appearance (picture if so inclined):
    Equipment:
    Rank if applicable:
    Faction:
    Personality:
    Bio:
    Personal Goal:
    (GMs eyes only, do not post) Why were you visiting a Tabanna gas mogul?

Rules:
    1) Respect and Obey the TOS
    2) No god-modding
    3) Do not metagame
    4) If you need to step away please notify the GM
    5) If you have an issue with the story, a plotline or character related event notify me as soon as you can, I am human I make mistakes too. I am always willing to work with players to give them the best experience possible. This is my first foray so be fair-warned. Rough skies ahead!
    7) The most important rule: Have Fun!

The Board:
    [​IMG]

Layout of the mansion in the clouds.

Moving in posts: Game play will let you move freely between rooms connected rooms, if you make a guess then the ASP droids will bring the accused character into the room if they are still here - and you will receive a Yes or No response to your enquiry. The player character in question will share in PM/Convo one card that disproves your guess if they can. (If they are unavailable PM/Convo the GM and a card will be shared if accused player should of been able to dispute.)

Hallways are to posted as traveling through if traveling further than one room over, and if you are headed to the isolation pods as requested by Cloud City Security.

This game will be on a weekly or biweekly update schedule based off of everyone's schedules.

Above all let's have fun!

Additionally we have an OOC thread! Located HERE.

Locations:
    1. Lounge
    2. Dining Room
    3. Kitchen
    4. Ballroom
    5. Conservatory
    6. Billiard Room
    7. Library
    8. Study
    9. Hall

List of Suspects:

1. The Master of Masters
    2. Doctor Bellorum
    3. Rash, Abner Wadsworth
    4. Medb Ra-oon
    5. Odosius Zaal
    6. Praxon
    7. Professor Rugel Juhn

List of possible weapons:

1. Blaster
    2. Vibrodagger
    3. Candlestick
    4. Dataspike
    5. Cable
    6. Hydrospanner
    7. Pipe
    8. Bust

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2023
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Character Sheet - with GM sparkle!

Name:
    The Master of Masters
    Race: Even ruder
    Appearance (picture if so inclined): Black Coat, no face, gloved hands
    [​IMG]
    Equipment: My appearance is my equipment
    Rank if applicable: Master. Of all masters. Everywhere.
    Faction: So gauche.
    Personality: You don't know?
    Bio: You won't know.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Character Sheet

Name: Doctor Bellorum
    Age: when will you beings learn? You don’t ask a lady her age, or her weight.
    Race: Chiss/human
    Appearance:

6CCF3AD7-CC6B-4BC8-9A3A-9295173E1018.jpeg

Equipment: datapad, and her handbag
    Rank if applicable: upper rank, definitely at the top.
    Faction: as if you don’t know
    Personality: doesn’t play well with others.
    Bio: It’s a tale as old as time.

4. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    GM approved

[​IMG]
    (@RibbionsArt on twitter)

Rash, Abner Wadsworth
    usually 'Abner' to the family

Race: Gamorrean
    Appearance: 2 meter tall Gamorrean, wearing a white shirt, black tie, grey waistcoat and black morning coat. White gloves.
    Equipment: Set of household keys, a datapad that translates Rash's speech so he can be understood by his employer and the other staff.
    Rank if applicable: Butler and personal valet
    Faction: (none)
    Personality: Quiet, fairly solemn. Looks intelligent for a Gamorrean, perhaps even disturbingly so.

Rashra Abner Wadsworth is a quiet boar, reserved as all good male staff should be.
    He watches the comings and goings of his master's household, and organises the lower staff as required.
    Rash has worked for his employer for many years, employed six months before the master's messy divorce and then spending several years helping the gentleman rearrange the finer details of his household, such as making adjustments to the number of staff, reviewing the orders for the pantry, organizing the wine cellar and so on. Rash is the head of the household staff and usually works seven days a week- he is rarely able to take time off to visit his family.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  5. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    GM Approved

Name: Medb Ra-oon
    Race: Human
    Appearance (picture if so inclined): Outside of dark skin, red hair, and green eyes, whatever I feel like. (I can't find a picture)
    Equipment: Like I'm telling you
    Rank if applicable: Seeker
    Faction: Tearmann
    Personality: You will find out soon enough
    Bio: Oh that would require a pocket dimension filled with books…

6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    GM Approved
    Character Sheet
    Name: Odosius Zaal
    Race: Lannik
    [​IMG]
    Equipment:
    - A datapad covering various diplomatic treatises and protocols
    - A Communications device intended to allow for communications to the Lannik Crown
    Rank if applicable:
    - Ambassador
    Faction:
    - Lannik Government
    Personality:
    - Outward jovial and fun loving, with a charismatic disposition.

Bio:

Born to a maidservant of the Lannik King, the favoritism shown to him in his youth stirred rumors he was Monarchs Illegitimate offspring, and he found himself being permitted some of the best Instructors that the government could buy. As he grew up, he rose through the ranks of royal society, serving in the local assembly, a position he chaffed in as it had no real power to influence the policy. He soon took up residence as an advisor in the royal Court, and later a Millitary commander for a short time, though his command left much to be desired. Finally, the Royals took to sending him on diplomatic voyages across the galaxy on behalf of the crown.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    GM Approved

Name:
    Praxon
    Race: Human
    [​IMG]

Equipment: Travel bag with the essentials; personal datapad; a bottle of Whyren’s Reserve from Batch NN182
    Rank if applicable: N/A
    Faction: N/A
    Personality: Praxon exudes charisma and charm, and his contagious confidence makes it easy for him to win over an audience. He is lively and genuinely upbeat—however, the price of fame has made him a bit egocentric at times.
    Bio: A widely-acclaimed actor and performer, Praxon is known for both his stage and screen work. He most recently appeared in the dark comedy The Coronet Arms at Coruscant’s Globe Theatre and starred in the mystery thriller The Guilty. Very few know his true name, but maybe that’s part of his appeal.

8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Lord Semolurian Divertium

He stood at the head of the table, having just risen from his seat at the head to raise a parting toast to those gathered here - invited or not. The storm could be heard rumbling and buffeting the large viewports with its high winds and torrent of rain and hail. The odd flash of lightning and the even odder scream of some creature caught in the storm outside pierced the air as Lord Semolurian waited for it to abate just a little so he could give his parting words.

[​IMG]

His Lutrillian snout quivered in a forced smile as he looked at those around his table. "Friends, business peoples, visitors, and employee! It has been my pleasure to dine with you all tonight, but as the weather is not cooperating we shall hold off on business until tomorrow. With age my body has become more sensitive to the weather and I fear I shall not be in good proper humor until this storm passes. Whether you were supposed to be here or not, please accept my generosity of a room for the night, and free run of the main floor here. The ASP droids will guide you to your rooms and wherever you may need them, but no one will have free reign besides me and my butler, I am sure you all can understand. A man must have his privacy however thinly veiled." Raising his glass of Whyren's Reserve from batch NN173, "To our health's and prosperous futures for us!" drinking the remainder of the glass in a smooth pull he set the empty tumbler down hard upon the table.

"Goodnight." he echoed before waving over an ASP unit and resting a hand upon it, waving away his butler dismissively.

Little did those present know, these would be the last words they would remember him ever speaking.

Later that night the storm blew some debris that hit and damaged the fuel lines inside the mansion, causing a toxic release of gases. The computer core did detect the leak and ASP units were delegated with repairs. It was late morning when the guests would discover they had slept rather late, the storm still raged, and they had no further memories then last sitting at the table and watching as their host had left them.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @Lady_Belligerent , @darthhelinith , @adaml83 , @ConservativeJedi321 , @HanSolo29

Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to early beginning of this game, feel free if you want to set some quiet musings as you wake up and begin to meet the world with small headaches and confusion. Or, the game does not officially start until the end of this coming week, so you don't have to post at all if you don't want before that official opening post. One of you is being PM'd as the official body finder and each shall be receiving PMs with your cards for the game proper before that opening post goes live.

Now there is still one open slot for this game, so I am still accepting submissions!

Welcome all to the beginning of our little game.

9. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: CS GM Approved.

Name: Professor Rugel Juhn
    Race:
    Appearance:

[​IMG]

Equipment: A long stemmed pipe, cane sword, satchel of examination tools
    Rank if applicable: MD/PhD in Multi species medicine, Archaeology, Anthropology, Paleontology, and Zoology
    Faction: Independent
    Personality: Dry and logical, analyzes every situation, studies everything, wants to know the means and operation of everything he encounters, naturally curious but introspective.

Bio:

With a long life comes…great curiosity. Rugel has traveled the width and breadth of the known galaxy, studying any culture that would allow him access. Whenever he did so he always offered his medical skills free of charge as a thanks for that polities allowing him within their borders. Over the course of his life he’s returned to school several times, to earn even more degrees.

Because of his work he has found himself accepted as a traveling Professor attached to the Royal Thustran Academy. And now he’s been traveling again, his intellect causing him to seek out that which could hold it’s interest for any decent length of time.

10. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004

IC: Medb Ra-oon
    Cloud City

This is going to take some getting used to…

It wasn't that it was a bed, but it didn't seem restful. The bed and the room were relatively luxurious compared to what Medb was used to. She also wasn't used to full artificial gravity. It just seems different from natural gravity.

So she didn't sleep, she meditated and it almost worked. Typically it could be just about as restful as sleep itself, but last night…

She’d heard of the Shree-ka-rai, but there was a general fuzziness in the Force, none of the other terrors that happened, she hoped. All she knew was that she was the only one who used the Force, though the Master was…unique. She just hoped that the Lord used something like the Force fuzziness as a negotiation tactic as opposed to bringing something genuinely dangerous on board.

Last night though, during her meditation, she heard singing, she thought it was normal until it said, “Everybody!” and many thousands of voices joined in.

This place is either strange, cursed, or both. I do not know which.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto, mention for @Sinrebirth

11. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Doctor Bellorum
    Lord Semolurian Divertium’s Mansion near Bespin

Oceans rise, empires fall
    We have seen each other through it all

Bellorum sang along with the music coming from her datapad that sat on the desk. She had removed her boots and was inspecting the room.

The pretentious decor seemed fitting for the aged owner's home, it wasn’t her taste, but everything appeared clean. There was a massive four poster bed, she loved the exotic drapery that hung around it.

She fell back onto the bed and pondered her situation. Staying overnight wasn’t ideal, much less staying alone with strangers in an old man’s home. Sighing loudly, she rolled to her side and thought about the other guests. Maybe one of them would be a useful contact?

The Master was charming at dinner, she’d tried to see what was under that hood, but he was a wily fellow. She didn’t get to speak to Medb at dinner, but her beautiful red hair had the men stealing glances. What was it with redheads getting all the guys?

“Ugh!” She exclaimed and walked over to the low table where the droid had placed the tea she had requested. Bell prepared a cup and sat down in an upholstered chair, she tucked her legs under her in the chair and slowly sipped.

She knew of the Praxon guy, he was hugely popular and she had even attended one of his live performances. The play had been magnificent, her date —not so much.

It suddenly occurred to Bell that she didn’t have a change of clothes… or night clothes! She certainly wouldn’t be sleeping au natural in this creepy place.

Did the door even have a lock?!

Bellorum hopped to her feet, sat her cup down, and dragged the chair across the floor. She angled it under the door opening mechanism. At least the chair would make noise, and slow any surprise intruder.

Da-da-da, dat-da, dat, da-da-da, da-ya-da
    Da-da, dat, dat, da-ya-da
    Da-da-da, dat-da, dat, da-da-da, da-ya-da
    Da-da, dat- everybody!

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto @adaml83 @HanSolo29 @Sinrebirth

OOC: apologies to those not on my social media. The Hamilton thing came from some comments there. :p

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Master of Masters
    What a Bother

Well, what a happy jaunt this was.

He'd swung by the ye old prospectors gas country to see a man about a thing, and now the man was dead, and of course he was a suspect. I mean, he had a Black Coat and no face and wore gloves every second of the day.

If he wasn't a suspect, then deary me what sort of constabulary in the clouds did they have?

A flutter of fingers and he began to traipse and wonder.

Not quite house arrest, but an arrest of sorts, limited to the various locales that were known to be among those places the man had died, but also the people who were suspects and also the murder weapons.

So very helpful.

But apparently the local law enforcement did have a personality shortage because he (and the other suspects) had been drafted into the investigation.

Because that wasn't going to colour things whatsoever.

But then again, if you're all suspects, then you all have the self-same burden of truth.

Smart.

Maybe the adversarial and inquisitorial justice systems had it all wrong, and clearly this game-show variety was the way of the future. Or the past. It was a 'long time ago' after all.

He had his own ways of ascertaining information, so he knew who it wasn't, and what it wasn't, and where it wasn't. A flutter of his fingers once more, and he dandied into the fray. It wasn’t the Force - that was strangely muted… but that wouldn’t stop him.

To clear one's name of course.

He wasn't remotely interested in tarring the fates of a few alternate versions of his nearest and dearest.

Or was he?

[​IMG]

TAG: No-one!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  13. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Odosius Zaal
    Bed

As the first light of the day grazed Odosious's closed eyes he groaned and rolled over, hugging an extra pillow over one of his oversized ears and shielding the glare from his eyes.

It's too early for this he whined internally. Whether because of the booming storm disrupting his sleep cycle or... other factors Odosious's head was pounding, and he had no desire to awake at the current hour. Only a moment later a thought occurred to him, and he reached blindly over to the nightstand next to the bed and grasped a cylindrical glass bottle that fell comfortably into his hand. Creeping his eyes open with reluctance he recognized the item immediately and scoffed. "Terrible Vintage." He muttered to himself, and only half empty. This was not the cause of his woe, though it raised questions of its own. He set down the wine he had apparently filched from their host's stock before heading off to bed last night. He says "apparently" because for whatever reason his memory is blank after their gathering the previous night, he knew not what he had done next. For all he knew the bottle was on the house, but personally he wouldn't bet on it.

Losing a few hours here and there was not unusual in his line of work, but never without a cause. Sniffing the bottle, it didn't appear to have any sedatives and it was nowhere near empty enough to cause him to pass out naturally. Glancing around the room, nothing else seemed to be stolen, not that he had anything of value to begin with. He reached out for his sole belongings and tested each with caution. The data pad flickered on and gave no indication of being tampered with. The Communications device released a static, one that indicated the storm was obstructing his signal, but otherwise operable.

Sitting back on his bed Odious sighed, losing curiosity fast. With an ironic chuckle he glanced back at the bottle. "If his liquor is this bad how much worse could his supply be? Is this whole voyage for naught?" Though the humor lifted his spirits, it brought his attention back to the delay which frustrated him to no end. This mission was time sensitive after all.

Oh well, nothing he could do now. Finally, he threw back on his overcoat and strode out of the room. The Lord Kept us here over night so he best have prepared a breakfast fit for a king for the inconvenience.

Tag: No One

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
  14. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC: Professor Rugel Juhn

Juhn had stayed quiet through most of the meal, listening to the conversations of the others around the table, especially the joviality of their host. He’d not expected as many people to be present as had been but, then again, he did spend most of his days outside of the company of others. Unless, of course, he was attempting to gain entry to a specific place that another being controlled or when he needed to defend his funding to the University board.

The meal itself had been delicious, that much he recalled, as his eyes opened to the swirling oranges of Bsepin’s clouds outside his window. His head pounded, the tips of his long ears felt hot and itchy, which told him of the depth of the headache that filled his mind. One eyebrow arched as he looked out of the window, an odd sense of wonder fighting the ache of his head. Usually, he rose with the dawn, even if he’d been drinking the night before.

Trying to mentally review the events of the evening he came upon something as odd as waking late in the morning, that he could not recall anything after having the dinner. His eyes narrowed at that thought, his memory was quite sharp and he should have remembered every moment until he fell asleep, even if he’d drunk too much. Which meant the headache or hangover was not from drinking.

Rousing himself from the bed, he padded over to the window, looking out at the clouds. Judging, from the thickness and density of the nearest it wasn’t that the floating city had changed its attitude in respect to the clouds, something else had to have happened. Which meant that he’d have to figure it out, as well as asking the others if they’d had the same memory loss.

Pushing his spectacles back into place he shrugged, first things first. Quickly he bathed and prepared for the day, dressing in his more high end working clothes. They looked as though he was prepared for a journey into the wilds but had the subtle weave to them that suggested such look was a pretense, at least for the moment. But, after all these years he knew how to dress for the company he was in the presence of while still maintaining functionality.

Once dressed, spectacles perched on his nose again, he looked around the rooms he’d been assigned, not seeing a caf machine. Shrugging, ”I suppose I must find the kitchens and some caf, to begin the day and to rid myself of this headache.” he murmured. Adjusting the collar of the coat he wore, he headed to the door of his rooms, to also see if the others had roused as well.

TAGS: @Mitth_Fisto, @Sinrebirth, @Lady_Belligerent, @darthhelinith, @adaml83, @ConservativeJedi321, @HanSolo29

darthhelinith and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  15. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Abner
    Downstairs

Abner woke with a grunt, feeling unusually groggy.
    He rolled over in bed and sat up, messaging his temples. Everything felt slightly hazy, there was a slight pain in his head as he glanced to his small nightstand.
    His crono flashed the time at him and he snorted, startled- he was almost a whole thirty minutes behind schedule. He should have already checked that the kitchen was in full swing for breakfast, unlocked the silverware and laid the master's clothing. And the guests! The guests would require attending...

His large and weathered fingers flew over the delicate buttons and fastenings of his uniform, as he wondered how he had missed being woken up by his alarm, had he overdosed on his medication? His eyes skimmed over to the prescription on the nightstand, but it didn't seem to have been moved.

The door to his modest room closed behind him slightly harder than he would have liked as he strode through the servants passage, stopping only to allow one of the attending droids to pause in its pre-programmed morning routine and finish fastening his collar.

Tags: no one, yet.

darthbernael and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    A New Dawn Shines,
    Even Through the Storm

[​IMG]

It was peaceful in the edge of the eye of the storm.

There were clouds below, above, and all around, but for now the lightning and winds abated. The calm in the midst of calamity. If one was to look out the towers window, one would see off in the distance a barest glimpse of Cloud City before it was swallowed back inside the swirling miasma of the storm clouds.

Each of the Six Guests and One Butler were gathered by an individual ASP droid at the same time that brought them to the central hall where white was the dominating color and everything rounded edges. A large wall panel blinked, buzzed as it rippled revealing itself to be a ginormous screen that activated to a continued scene of static and buzzing noises for several seconds before it popped and crackled as it came into focus. "Is it working now sir?" was quietly heard from somewhere not shown as the image came into focus.

[​IMG]

"Ah, yes. There you all are. I'm Inspector Cliven of the Cloud City Security Force. Although the mansion you reside in right now is not attached to Cloud City directly, we are it's home berth and it is within our planetary region of legal law enforcement. Unfortunately now, due to the storm we are unable to get to you all. We also are severely understaffed and stretched thin due to the many incidents that have been occurring during this storm." Adjusting his glasses he shifted to his other elbow as that concerned look and strain of the situation continued to obviously annoy him.

"I know this might come as a shock to some of you, but your host died last night. Was murdered. He was found in the early hours of this morning by a repair droid that was activated due to the storm causing damage to the Mansion, which caused multiple gas leaks." He looked down fingering through a flimsi report that he was scanning and rapidly summing up what he would share with them. "Lord Semolurian Divertium's body was found lodged in the garbage chute by that maintenance droid after it repaired the gas leaks as it was trying to clear all maintenance requests logged in the system - this one for the chute being jammed. His body was inside a rubbish bag and severely mistreated by the ASP droids in trying to force it down the chute - so without being able to perform a proper autopsy we cannot ascertain the cause of death, and due to spotty ASP record keeping we cannot be certain what room it was removed from except that it was the main level."

Reaching up he removed his glasses and wearily sighed as he pinched the bridge of nose at the bitter information he had to now share as he pushed aside the papers. "Due to Lord Semolurian Divertium's will, sensitive nature of his business, and the present situation the Baron Administrator has decided to offer a one time amnesty to whomever can report the missing information on the man's killer so that you may leave no questions asked. Once you are ready we ask that you detain yourselves in the emergency evacuation life pods. When we are able to arrive we will check the body and the suggested rooms for evidence and whomever is correct wins freedom. The rest of you earn lengthy interrogations and containment until this matter is sorted." At this the static began to worsen, "It appears the storm is moving in again, all air traffic is grounded until the storm passes. Please sit tight and know that we will be ther*********************************************************"

And with that the screen went blank and returned to being another non-descript piece of wall paneling.

So the Seven were left to their ASP surveillance droids that would stay with them until such time as they locked themselves in the emergency pods.

TAG: : @darthhelinith , @Sinrebirth , @Lady_Belligerent , @darthbernael , @adaml83 , @ConservativeJedi321 , @HanSolo29

Welcome ONE AND ALL to the official beginning of the game!

May fortune forever be in your favor.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Master of Masters
    Oh my

This wasn't a terribly good start.

A surveillance droid? Oh how he despised the limelight.

He was a diva, not an attention whore, after all.

A dry chuckle to himself, and a slight bow to draw only the tiniest amount of eyes to him, he spoke up. "Mr Praxon, if you would walk with me?" A wondering aloud.

"To the Conservatory?" He indicated the direction.

"I have an inkling that the Bust was the murder weapon."

His shadowed gaze swept them, slightly.

His voice deepened, darkened.

"Unless someone can contradict me, perhaps?"

[​IMG]

TAG: @darthhelinith, @Mitth_Fisto, @Lady_Belligerent, @darthbernael, @adaml83, @ConservativeJedi321, @HanSolo29 (especially)

18. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    OC: this felt most appropriate as a public post

IC: Abner

Irritated

The butler raised an eyebrow at this loud man.

"Prehaps, I may be of assistance sir?" he offered mildly, through the translator on his wrist.
    "The master's bust is a priceless family heirloom, commissioned by the Lord Divertium's Aunt Hortense, and sculpted by artisans on Naboo." Abner continued, as he opened the doors of the conservatory ahead of the cloaked being and bowed him through before following behind him.
    "I can't advise getting too close to it though. If I may?" The butler stepped forward towards the pedestal on which the piece of art resided, pulling a set of keys out of his waistcoat pocket.
    "The great lady thought the bust was a good likeness of the master, and he liked it well enough that he felt it deserved some extra protection of its own."
    The Gamorrean felt along the set of keys, evidently looking for something specific before putting inserting one into a small lock near the bottom of the pedestal, almost at the ground. A flap fell open just under the top of the pillar and a small automated arm, loaded with a single dart, popped out.

"The late master was very particular about the safety of this bust." Abner added.
    "Anyone who had picked it up would have been shot with a quick acting and rather nasty venom. They certainly would not have remained alive come the morning to tell of it." He picked up the dart and held it up to the light to inspect it before placing it delicately next to the bust of his former employer.

"I have taken the liberty of disarming the mechanism, you may pick up and examine the object if you wish."

Tags: @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29
    @Mitth_Fisto @Lady_Belligerent @darthbernael @adaml83 @ConservativeJedi321

19. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Odosius Zaal
    Shocked! Shocked I tell ya!

"Why would anyone do such a thing!"
    Ok, the shock on Odosius's face was genuine, though after he spoke, he couldn't help but feel the horror in his voice sounded artificial.
    He didn't know who murdered the elder, but he hadn't even fully processed the information before calculating how he could turn this to his advantage. Perhaps not the ideal situation, but it could work out in favor of his bosses plans, depending entirely on who or what inherited the Lutrillian's business, and what records remained following their investigation.

After collecting himself, Odosius realized that any benefit there was to be had in this situation depended entirely on him being the one to locate the killer, and that individual not being him.

That last thought entered his mind unbidden and increased his stress substantially. Shaking his head momentarily he dismissed the thought.
    He had no reason to commit the crime, there was after all far easier ways to do his required task.
    Unless?
    No, it was impossible.
    But what if?

No. Focus on the present. If he could complete the investigation, then he could return to Lannik with the mission complete.
    Knowing his own troubles, he couldn't help but wonder what secrets were hidden in his companions cellers?
    With a weak smile he waved off the creepy hooded fellow and servant, before turning back to those who remained.
    "Ladies." He chuckled, only really speaking to the red head and the doctor while ignoring the stoic pointy ear.
    "If there is ever a reason for murder, its business." He tried gauging their reactions as he spoke. "Perhaps we can find evidence in his study?"
    He rocked his right had back and forth in a thoughtful gesture as if speculating. "Maybe someone was caught hacking his terminal with a data spike, and decided to cover their tracks?"

Tags: @Lady_Belligerent, @adaml83, @darthbernael

20. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC: Professor Rugel Juhn

When they had all been gathered the first thing that Juhn noted was that the others seemed as wary or concerned about the events of the evening as he was. Or so it seemed to his trained eye. But they didn’t have his attention, the storm did. It was somewhat troubling, but became slightly minor when the screen flared to life and a being identifying itself as Inspector Cliven began to speak.

Finding a spot against the curved wall of the central hall, he listened as the Inspector spoke to all that had gathered. His eyes narrowed as they were told of the murder of their host. As the Inspector had, he reached up, taking off his spectacles, and pinched the bridge of his nose. Whoever had done this had been smart, or lucky, knowing that the gas would be dispersed into the manor and causing the effect it had on all present. Which meant anyone here could be a suspect.

A low, soft snort escaped when the cloaked man made his overly dramatic announcement, trying to encourage one of their numbers to go with him. It was as though he was trying to already put everyone else off the scent of him being the culprit. But then…Buffing his spectacles against his coat, he noted the large butler beginning to speak, ’Murder most foul, and just when I needed to get this research done, my client is most insistent.’ he thought.

Another snort escaped him at the tone the Lannik affected in his shock. He remained lounging against the wall as the man all but ignored him to speak to the ladies. He did, however, listen to what the man had said. At that, he pushed off the wall, strolling toward one of the exits. As he passed the trio he glanced at the Lannik with a sniff, ”Interesting theory save that, unless he trusted you enough to not do so, I at least had my person searched and any dataspikes were placed in a secure location I do not even know about. Which is a shame as my latest research is on them.”

Continuing in the direction of the door he spoke once more, ”I am going to check the dining room to see if I can find anything, that cloaked drama queen seems the kind to grab one of the candlesticks off the table and make us all look bad.”

TAGS: @Mitth_Fisto, @darthhelinith, @Sinrebirth, @Lady_Belligerent, @adaml83, @ConservativeJedi321 , @HanSolo29

OOC: Edit due to the Butler's actions taking place in the conservatory so Juhl would not have known.

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Doctor Bellorum

“Fine,” Bellorum said coolly in response to Odosius’ suggestion to go inspect the Lord’s study. Once out of the main room, she said, “I’m unconvinced that this crime has anything to do with business, we have not seen evidence yet.”

She stopped and continued speaking, “besides, if it were a business deal, wouldn’t the study be the most obvious place for the crime?” She shook her head decidedly, “I’ll go along for grins, but that’s not the place.”

Maybe Odosius was trying to get the two female guests aside should be a red flag? He had another thing coming if he should try to overpower her. That thought now had Bell on guard for any cue that someone might attack.

It was a good thing she’d worn boots with stacked heels, they would give her more stability if she ended up having to run or climb. Stilettos were nice, but never for running.

Her eyes cut to the side so she could study Odosius closely. She hoped that he was as harmless as he appeared, and maybe the killer was one of the more shady looking beings.

“You know,” she spoke up again, “I’m inclined to think the killer would be an employee. Maybe one that was tired of serving a feeble old guy,” she shrugged.

Suspicion was definitely in the air!

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto @adaml83 @ConservativeJedi321

22. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Now Deceased Lord's Mansion near Bespin

Medb let the good Doctor do the talking, though it would be a good idea to keep an eye out for both Odosius and the Master. The study was indeed obvious for a business deal, and she in fact was looking to do business, but only to gather information. Speaking of information she preferred the library but the study was a decent place to look.

Medb checked her droid to see what had been theorized, and right now only weapons were hinted at leaving the location and murderer almost wide open currently. She decided to return to motive, "Jealousy, who here would most likely be jealous of the Lord here?" she spoke up suddenly.

As far as she knew, there was already a theory already asked about the Master that had yet been publicly proven false, so she asked the ASP droid if someone had already proven it false.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto, @Lady_Belligerent, @ConservativeJedi321

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  23. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Abner Wadsworth
    Library

The butler left the self-titled 'Master' to his musings in the conservatory and wandered towards the library.
    A sudden thought had occurred to him and he felt it wise to check the location of the late Lord's blaster.
    He strode over to the far wall of bookcases, and reached for a large volume entitled 'Mining in Practice; A Guide to the Galaxy's Related Bylaws and Trade Agreements, DXIV Edition'.
    The tome fell open, a hollowed out cavity evident, but no blaster therein.

Who could account for such? Prehaps Odosius Zaal, the opaque Lannik could shed some light on this mystery?

Tags: @ConservativeJedi321 , or anyone with one of the three mentioned cards.

24. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    The Dead Lord's Mansion near Bespin

Medb heard the guess, "If I recall correctly security asked to hold our weapons during our visit. Nor would I, if I were the Lord, stash it anywhere where someone else would find it." Security had even mentioned that it was strange that Medb hadn't brought a weapon. She told them that she did this as a gesture of goodwill.

"I rarely agree with a Jedi, but Kenobi is occasionally correct, blasters are loud and uncivilized."

Her mind returned to the thought of jealousy, though it would not surprise Medb that the formerly living Lord could be blackmailing someone. Praxon had been quiet through all of this, "I will check out to see if there are any cables in the Billiard Room. Praxon, would you care to join me?"

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto, @HanSolo29

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Praxon
    The Deceased Lord's Mansion

Someone had murdered Lord Divertium.

It was an unfortunate development, especially when he considered the reason for his visit, but Praxon couldn’t say that he felt any remorse over the news. In the grand scheme of things, the man was yet another corporatist pig who had met the end he rightly deserved. He could never mourn someone who willfully embraced that toxic culture.

But that wasn’t what had initially raised his ire; it was the way in which the authorities had decided to conduct the ensuing investigation. The foolish inspector—if that’s what he truly was—had exposed them to potentially noxious fumes before locking everyone inside the mansion without a mode of escape. He had blamed the storm for their current situation, but was that truly the case? Even now, he seemed determined to play a game rather than address this as a serious crime. It was maddening to observe such incompetence.

The only reason he opted to follow the cloaked man into the conservatory was to keep his sanity. Despite the odd assortment of characters trapped in here with him, he hoped that at least some of them could relate to his plight.

Besides, he couldn’t shake the feeling that something was strangely familiar about the man; almost as if he had encountered him before.

"I have an inkling that the Bust was the murder weapon," the mysterious man stated matter-of-factly.

The observation prompted Praxon to inwardly roll his eyes, though he maintained his composure, a hint of a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. He hadn’t pegged this man as the type to fall for the ruse… unless he merely liked to surround himself in chaos. In that case, he admired his audacity.

"I’m not inclined to answer any questions unless I have my lawyer present," he replied mildly, narrowing his eyes as he tried to catch a glimpse beneath the man’s cowl.

At some point, one of the butlers tried to intervene in their conversation, but Praxon ignored him and refused to continue until the pig finally took the hint that he wasn’t welcome and exited the room. However, he was still able to glean some information from the domestic about the bust itself. No doubt it would prove useful in the future.

"Someone is using this arrangement for a cheap thrill, and I can’t abide by that," he groused with a sweep of his hand. "They’re already treating us like criminals by holding us here and promoting a witch hunt—"

"Praxon, would you care to join me?"

The voice, decidedly female, wafted in from the adjoining room, which immediately drew Praxon’s gaze. With a slight scoff, he held up a hand to forestall any response from the other man. He then proceeded to rock back on his heels to obtain a better vantage point. The sight that greeted him certainly did not disappoint.

A beautiful woman awaited him, her auburn hair cascading about her shoulders in such a way that accentuated her dark skin and piercing, green eyes. She had an alluring appeal that instantly brought a sensuous grin to his features.

"Then again, I suppose there are ways to weather this storm," Praxon murmured to the cloaked man. He angled his chin toward the woman with a knowing look. "How can I refuse an offer like that?"

He did not wait for a response as he turned to join his new companion.

TAG: @Sinrebirth; @adaml83; @Mitth_Fisto