main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Death to Jewel Cases: Star Wars Retro Games

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Outsourced, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Over the past few months, i've begun collecting video games from Ebay and Goodwill. My personal favorite game in my collection would probably be my Fallout: Tactics in the original box.

But that's not what this thread is about.

This thread is dedicated to everything related to Star Wars retro gaming! From the Atari 2600 to the Xbox 360, there have been a plethora of games released within the franchise, and they're my equivalent of comics or action figures. Here's a picture I took of all the Star Wars PC Games I have in box packaging.

[​IMG]

That's not even including console games (I am a proud owner of Masters of Teräs Käsi) and plastic cases (Empire at War).

Anyone else collect these or interested in them?

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  2. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Didn't realize how many there are just by that picture alone on PC. Those are awesome. I love them just for the box art themselves. As far as my favorites and collecting? Well Super Star Wars is where I started along with the other two. Always wished they gave the other Episodes a Super treatment as well. Shadows of the Empire was great for its time to. Rogue Squadron and its sequels, though I didn't play too much of them. Finally the Battlefront games on the PS2. Haven't tried the new ones out and by the looks of it don't really plan to.

I also remember trying Episode 3 out for the PS2 and that wasn't a bad game. Have some Lego Star Wars games as well. That maybe it off the top of my head.

3. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    That picture is bringing back some fond memories of shopping for PC games in the 90s. Those big boxes look awesome. I must have some of those kicking around in a box somewhere. Looking at them laid out, I realise that they make nice collector's items. I especially like the covers of the flight sim games (B-Wing etc).

4. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    @Dannik Jerriko

I love some of the older releases, specifically the X-Wing / Tie-Fighter games. The only issue is that the way the older boxes are folded makes them particularly vulnerable to damage in the corners. Most of the older Star Wars games I own have tearing in one of the corners due to it.

Boxes look great in my collection though, and it's not like you can even see it on my shelf.

@Jamtia

The boxes are really awesome. It's why I went out to get the physical versions instead of just sticking to my Steam collection. I love the variety in them.

5. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    There's a real sense of nostalgia in these big boxes. I can imagine that the corners would be vulnerable to wear and tear. I remember walking into a game shop and there being such a fantastic choice of Star Wars games. In the mid 90s, the big boxes were often the most effective advertisement for the game (before widespread access to the internet etc) so they had to really jump out at you and sell the game.

I am primarily a console gamer, but Star Wars games provided the impetus for me to get into PC gaming. I'm now inspired to sift through Ebay to pick up some of the titles that I missed first time around.

6. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    I don't collect them. But I did buy them and almost immediately tossed out the packaging but never discarded the physical discs in the disc binder. After I beat them, I rarely play them again.