main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Deathtroopers: Biohazard Outbreak

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Splinterthemindseye_, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splinterthemindseye_

Splinterthemindseye_ Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 24, 2012
    [​IMG]

“Coming out of hyperspace in one minute.” Jin’s voice had a hitch to it that betrayed his anxiety. “Dran? Are you sure this is going to work? I mean what if they are waiting for us?”

“Jin, just calm down. This is going to go like clockwork.”

Jin reached forward and gripped the controls for the hyperdrive. “Three, two, one…”

The Light freighter Juniper lurched out of hyperspace into an empty system with only a lonely star. Or rather, it was supposed to be empty.

As the freighter regained real-space, their view port was filled with the awe inspiring and terrifying visage of an Imperial Star Destroyer bearing down upon them.

[​IMG]

“We are so dead.” Dran’s hands were frozen on the controls. Jin hesitated only for a second. “Going evasive!” Jin sent the Juniper into a spiraling dive. Jin was tense as he waited for the tractor beam to lock on to them. They were too close, it was inevitable.

Seconds and kilometers passed, and yet no tractor beam.

“They’re not pursuing. It’s like they didn’t even see us.” Dran, recovered from his initial reaction, was looking at the sensor display.

“I am showing minimal power and no engine emissions. It’s just coasting on inertia.”
    Jin throttled down and looked at his own display. “No life signs? That can’t be right. There are more than fifty thousand crew on those boats!”

“The escape pods are all gone. It’s abandoned…” Dran looked up from the screen his voice in awe.“I’m not picking up any distress signals.”

Dran and Jin looked at each other, the same thought crossing each man’s mind.

“We’ll need help if we’re going to salvage….”
    “…the Hutts would pay a fortune for it.”

Dran unbuckled his belt and started towards the aft of the Juniper. “Jin, go and get a crew together and get back here as fast as possible. I’m taking the skiff over to scout it, and secure the hanger.”

“Dran what if we’re wrong? What if it’s not abandoned?”

Dran reached forward and grabbed the targeting control and squeezed. A concussion missile rocketed out of the freighter and past the distance to the Imperial ship. It slammed into the bulkhead and exploded spectacularly. Blackening the hull and venting some atmosphere. No weapon turrets moved to target them and there was no hint of any deflector shields.

“It’s abandoned. Now go.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to my very first game.

Deathtroopers: Biohazard Outbreak

I recently found myself reading Joe Schreiber book and thought to myself, what it would have looked like with a more traditional feel to it. So I decided to find out, and I would like your help.
    Players will take on the roles of a mercenary crew gathered together to salvage a Derelict Star Destroyer. Little do they know that it is not as abandoned as it looks.

Rules:
    No godmoding:
    GM decision is final
    Respect and follow Tos
    PM Character sheets to the GM for approval
    Have fun

Requirements:A willing imagination and at least one normal six sided die (referred to from now on as a D6) if not more.

How to play:Actions requires dice rolls. Roll three D6s to perform actions. In the case of combat, if your number is higher than the monsters number (which I will post along with the monsters when they appear) you win.

For other actions I will only want rolls for major activities or activities that would have a significant effect. Don’t roll to open a door… unless I said it was locked (which I would have listed a difficulty number to open) but do roll if you’re trying to access a computer terminal or trying to sneak past enemies.

For actions that don’t have Difficulty Numbers (Going to call those DNs just to save time) post your rolls and I'll post results.

Here is the kicker. All naturally rolled sixes get rolled again to add to the total.

What is that you say? That's crazy! Yep you're probably right but that's just the way I roll...(snicker snicker... do you see what I did there? Oh my*. I crack myself up, but I digress.)

Sentences that end with an Asterisk *. should be read in George Takei's voice.

Everyone is on the honor system because I trust you all.

My Promise to you:

I promise to update at least once a week (most likely on Saturdays) if not more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am looking forward to your Character sheets.

Character sheets:I will follow each entry with a description.

Name: (Obvious)

Race: (Any Star Wars Race is accepted… except for extreme exotics, those will need my approval)

Age: (When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not.)

Occupation: (Important that you remember you are part of a crew going to salvage a Star Destroyer)

Appearance: (Go crazy)

Main Skills: (This is important. You get two Main Skills. Example: Shooting, melee, Computer slicing, repair… This will add two D6s to any roll to do with that type of action)

Secondary Skills: (Again, important. You get three Secondary Skills that add one D6 to any roll to do with that type of action)

Equipment: (whatever you can hold within reason for star wars)

Bio: (I don’t care if you only have one sentence here, but an interesting backstory makes for an interesting character.)

---
    Last thoughts: Good luck to us all and May the Force be with us….

We’re going to need it!

2. Splinterthemindseye_

Feb 24, 2012
    Hey everyone. I just wanted say I just found the dice thrower on the boards and I was messing with it. Just ignore the roll on the OP. But if anyone wants to use it for the game, it seems to work great.

On a Update note.
    I will also accept Character sheets for Imperial Survivors on the Star Destroyer, and or Imperial Agents coming to investigate the loss of communication.

3. Splinterthemindseye_

Feb 24, 2012
    Abandoned Star Destroyer
    Main Hanger
    1 hour after discovery

Dran watched from the skiff as the Juniper jumped to hyperspace. He turned the skiff and headed to the Destroyer’s main hanger. The skiff was pretty much just a frame and an engine. It was only good for short distance retrieval. Dran guided it into the Destroyer’s hanger and set it down on the deck.

Glancing around Dran noticed that all the blatant sabotage. It looked like someone had done everything they could to disable every ship present. Blaster bolts riddled view screens. Grenades had been dropped into cockpits. Fighters dropped from ceiling racks onto deck stored shuttles. It was chaos.

Dran removed the bulky environment suit he had to ware to ride the skiff. The lifesupport was minimal in the hanger but Dran would rather be able to move quickly with just a breathmask then be weighed down with the suit.
    Dran spent the next half hour checking every inch of the hanger, and finding nothing but wreckage and… blood. No bodies though, Dran was glad for that.

A skittering caught Dran’s attention. He flicked his light over towards it. He had seen some partially functioning droids scattered around, but this hadn't sounded like metal on metal. His light beam settled onto a door that was only half open. The skittering was coming closer and Dran drew his sidearm.

A bloody and flesh rended hand lurched out of the darkness to grip the door as a half burned and white eyed human in damaged Stormtrooper armor pulled itself through and into the hanger. It let out a feral growl and started to pull its way across the few meters to where Dran stood frozen, the cold hand of terror gripped his heart.

Dran did the only thing he could think of.

He ran.

-------------------
    OOC: I have yet to receive any interest in this game. If it is the dice system I can dispense with it. I will give this another week to see if anyone wants to play.

4. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: Hey splinterintemindseye. I am actually surprised a bit nobody has yet pointed it out to you, but if you wanna have input why your game might not work or anything, we have two places in the Ressource section. The Interest Thread (where you can ask users directly) and the Game Guild, where you can have some GMs who have been around here for a while go through your game with you to see what might be good measures to generate more interest.

I hope you find help there. And good luck with the game! ;)

5. Splinterthemindseye_

Feb 24, 2012
    After consideration I am going to take this game off the boards. I will see if I can improve so that any future games will actually generate some interest.

Moderators please lock, kill, delete or nuke this thread... whichever is easiest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.