main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Dec 6th Saturday Clarksville costume event

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TamboFett, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Just want to spread the word to anyone who is interested in coming up to Clarksville for the day on December 6th. My friend Ivan is having a sale at his Comic Book sore the "Comic Connection" on that day and several members of the 501st will be on hand to bring in a crowd and charity work from 12 to 3PM. We will then proceed to Toys R Us and do the same for a few hours. Afterwards we will go to my house for a get together and watch movies, talk and eat some food. All of you guys are welcome to come costume or not, it will be a fun time.

2. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    just wanted to correct the times,
    we will be at the Toysrus from 12-3 and then at ivan's store from around 4-6pm.

and we got clearance from the store director at toysrus so we are good to go,ready to launch!

skip

3. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    Just wanted to remind anyone that would like to come up to Clarksville this weekend. I know it's not as happening here as Nashville, but it's getting better and now that we have a new movie theater, my trips down to Nashville have been cut in half. It's sure to be a fun Star Wars weekend! Toys R Us from 12 to 3 then the Comic connection from 3:30 till 6 and the night at my house for a get together. Let me know if anyone is interested beside the 501st/Rebel legion guys.

4. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Gotta work, so I won't be there, but it has been posted on the main page. Have fun!

5. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    Thanks for posting this on the main page Mike.

Had a Radio interview in Q-108 107.9 today plugging the event and letting the masses know that Star Wars Characters will be on hand for pictures. The radio stations morning radio hosts Jack & Gretchen (from the first season of survivor the TV show) who will be camped out all day, Friday & Saturday (December 5th and 6th) at Toys-R-Us on Wilma Rudolph Blvd. in Clarksville. So if you can't make it, tune in the radio to hear the sound of your fellow NAD members and sound of toys that we will be collecting for those in need this holiday.

6. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    So how did your event go this weekend? I was busy with a final this weekend and the one time I tried to tune in 107.9 it just wouldn't come in. The previous night I was in my car and listened to reports on Jack and Gretchen's overnighter and I kept waiting for them to plug you guys, but they never did. Sorry I couldn't join y'all, but still interested to hear a recap.

7. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    The radio station didnt really start promoting us until sat. morning.
    i started listening around 9am and about every 20-30 minutes they went live to the Toysrus toydrive with the DJs.

about every spot they gave us a mention.we had a great turnout while we were there.
    we had around 5-6 costumers there.

while inside ,the Toysrus donated film and we took 2 dollar donations for pictures.all proceeds went to the Time for smiles charity toysrus has.we raised about 70 dollars in 2 hours taking pictures.may not sound like alot but were talking 35 pictures in 2 hours.one about every couple of minutes.sometimes we didnt move for 10+ minutes while a line was waiting for more pics.

we also spent sometime outside with the DJs.
    Xwing Kevin gave a small interview on the air.they had a huge turnout while we were there.they had a goal of 600 toys.they had around 1000 when we got there and 1200+ by the time we were leaving.
    all in all a fun time.
    we left there and rode over to Comic Connection.we spent a hour or so there entertaining the customers.it also gave us time to do some filming with xwing kevin and vader in a saber battle.those new MR sabers look like the real deal on video,very nice.

fun day,lots of good we did,,yep
    cya at the next event
    skip

8. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    Here is a link to the Q108 website with a few pics of the toys we helped raise and a nice group shot.

http://www.q108.com/listingsEntryFeature.asp?ID=154906&PT=FEATURE%20STORY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.