main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Decipher lost Star Wars licence!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Zoombini, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darksteps

Darksteps Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    The reason they were releasing expansions almost every month was so they could get the stuff out there before LFL said it's over... they knew they were cutting it close and saturating the market with more stuff than most people could buy, but better that than see everything go to waste...

Oh, and as a former contractor to Jedi Knights I take some degree of offense to your statements... I never played it cuz I don't get into these CCG's, but I did enjoy doing artwork for them...

Darksteps...

2. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I ment no offence, but jedi knights was bad. Some of the cards were good picture wise. But overall the artwork wasn't that great (IMHO).

3. nick15

nick15 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2002
    I don't know about you folks, but I think Wizards could do a better job at a Star Wars card game than Decipher could. If anything, game flow and mechanics would be much more buckled down... particularly in the eyes of *unbiased* card game players. (Sidenote: I could never understand why there was no actual "damage" in the SWCCG.)

Artwork won't suffer at all, and Pokémon's artwork has nothing to do with what may happen to the new SWTCG's art.... particularly because the art for Pokémon is done by a studio in Japan (remember, all Wizards gets to do is reprint cards created in Japan).

Also, bear in mind that Wizards works totally seperate from the Hasbro conglamorate. All Hasbro does is suck quarters out of Wizard's metaphorical arcade machines. But when it comes to designing games, Wizards calls just about all the shots, and their ability to do so wasn't hindered at all by Hasbro buying them. (Actually, they're probably the only Hasbro subsiderary which is allowed to work independantly in the way they do. All others like Galoob and Kenner have been disolved.)

I also think you should not judge the game until it's actually been released. Plus, bear in mind that that "spoiler" card is nothing more than a fabrication. The SWTCG will be as "Magic-like" as Battletech was (which is as unlike Magic as you could get).

Hope this helps any.

4. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    The only thing that has me really worried is the addition of dice, if the only way to "dynamic gameplay mechanics" to the game is to use dice, then the guy who designed the new game needs his head examined

5. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    If anything, game flow and mechanics would be much more buckled down...

aye. I can't believe this extreme fault did not kill Decipher's Star Wars game from the start. too many rules changes, too much errata. too many special rules for special cards.

6. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    If they r going to use dice put the dice number on the card like the Warhammer40K card game

7. charla

charla Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2002
    I agree Decipher screwed up bad. They knew the end was near that's why they released all of those sets in 2001. They wanted as much $ out of us as possible. Decipher screwed us just as much as WoTC/LFL. Don't feel sorry for decipher they messed us over. Feel sorry for what you could of spent your money on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.