main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Dedra Meero

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by 3sm1r, Sep 29, 2022.

1. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    There's something strange about this character, she's an officer but from some frames it looks like she's a POV character as well.

I am curious about the power struggle between her and the other officer.

Mostly Handless and whostheBossk like this.
  2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Compared to Bix Caleen she feels like much better female POV character to me already, but she is antagonist I think. At least for now. I think either Syril or Dedra is going to become rebel at some point. Hard to say much about her yet but I really liked her, bad guy or good guy, she could be awesome as both. As imperial of course looks like the bad guy is more probable option for now, but who knows. Looking forward to more of her.

To be honest I am more interested in Dedra Meero and Syril Karn than I am about Cassian at this point, But I want to see how their operation on Aldhani goes.

But as character Cassian is a bit dull. I want to see more flashbacks of him though. We need to know him better to care what happens to him. Sure we know where he ends up, that's why these other characters are more interesting. We don't know where they end up. Luthen is going down at some point obviously, but he is also very interesting. Mon Mothma and her husband, that is also interesting. Sure we know where Mon ends up but not how.

From trailers we know Dedra goes to Ferrix at some point. There we may really see if she is real bad guy after all, or just imperial who thinks being imperial is actually a good thing.

3. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Hope that Dedra's storyline is going to stay parallel to Cassian's one for at least 2-3 episodes more. IMO, in her case there is a great opportunity to show an Imperial character at first in a more sympathetic light, before her, well, starting to kill and torture people.

4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Partagaz said '..Officers like you.'

Was that her skill set, her career route getting to the ISB or that she appeared to be the only female Supervisor there?

5. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I'd say the first, since there's at least one other female officer there. Plus there are even more in books and comics.

Swashbucklingjedi likes this.
  6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    She's ambitious and very calculating. She sends a subordinate to inquire about the recovered property because she doesn't want to "spark his interest". She knows the property is important but doesn't want to appear all that interested. Great writing. Of course her colleague sees through this and the ISB agents continue to spar for position. I imagine she's fairly new to the bureau and maybe has gained admission to the ISB through unconventional means which could be why Partagaz says "officers like you.". I never read any gender distinction into the comment.

7. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    When she perked up at the mention of that scanner thingy I just thought 'oh she's a rebel infiltrator' .

3sm1r likes this.
  8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    There was Grandi, another female supervisor.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  9. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I also believe she might be secretly a rebel

10. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    A blonde female protagonist would be almost unprecedented for live action Star Wars, the only example I can think of was that A-wing pilot from TLJ, but they didn’t even say her name so it barely counts.

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "Her name is Tallie Lintra and she's a person!"

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    And also an angel. I've heard the deep space pirates talk about them.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Tallie was such a wasted character in TLJ. She was sort of Wedge but opposite. Wedge was minor male ace pilot who always survived, Tallie was minor female ace pilot who died almost immediately.
    Dedra being blonde imperial woman does remind me a bit of Juno Eclipse though.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    Sarge and clone commander bossk like this.
  14. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Indeed she was :D

[​IMG]

15. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    what were the pills they were taking , uppers ?

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Some sort of Star Wars version of nazi pervitin perhaps? "Kyber-crystal meth" :D

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    One can only hope. It's been years since the Jedi have had any influence so Elan Sleazebaganno is probably back to dealing. Can't wait to see Dedra meet up with him in a dark alley to score next episode.

18. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    My take was that she's just very stressed and takes pills to focus and relax

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I assumed they were some manner of caffeine.

20. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Probably anti-sleeping pills.

MercenaryAce and 3sm1r like this.
  21. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    He really did rethink his... market.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  22. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Glitterstimm spice. The mildly telepathic high gives them an edge in competitive work place

23. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    She is a surprisingly fascinating character. It's not so much about her ambitions for rank or intuition regarding a rebellion. It's something non-verbal that is compelling. Like how she vascillates between a very plastic-y expression and letting her guard down enough, just enough and very briefly, to hint that there's a real person there. It's very well done, and something beyond garden variety ISB/palace intrigue.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Both she and her sister have an absolute gift for making "incredulous" facial expressions.

Pro Scoundrel and Fin McCool like this.
  25. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I think it is that she used to be enforcement, and thus being a bit more direct and brute force compared to all the bureaucrats around her, since he went out of his way to mention that earlier in the conversation.