main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Dedra Meero

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by 3sm1r, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    She is shaping up to be a very intriguing and appealing character in my opinion. And I agree, besides the very interesting dynamics within the ISB, it has a lot to do too with Denise Gough´s acting and presence. I'm hopeful for more focus on her in future episodes...

2. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    She reminds of my dentist. Scary lady!

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You ought to hear her swearing in native Irish.

4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Where did you hear that? In another show that she's in?

clone commander bossk likes this.
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    A thought just struck me - has anyone theorized yet that Dedra is in fact Cassian's sister?

I could see that being a twist that happens.

nilzo antonio likes this.
  6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I have seen that speculation before. Given the completely different eye, hair, and skin colors, I have a hard time imagining such a twist. Not to mention Cassian's sister is named Kerri, and while Cassian did his name changed from Kassa I would expect her new name to be derived from her old one as well

Django Fett likes this.
  7. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    She. toasted that guy! TOASTED I SAY!!!!!

Lomer2012 and Swashbucklingjedi like this.
  8. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    That's right, Cassian's sister should be Hispanic/Latino.

Bor Mullet and MercenaryAce like this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You don't know what that mine leak did to her!

The internet is going to absolutely crumble when she has Cassian backed up to a chasm and says "No. I am your sister".

10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I don’t know if this series is the sort of show to have those infamous Star Wars familiar plot twists. So far Andor is about making the galaxy feel bigger. Important visitors are nobody we met before. The few already known characters show up exactly where other stories would establish them to be.

So far we’re not even looking at an “Anakin created Riva by killing Padawans” level of character connection.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    Sarge and MercenaryAce like this.
  11. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Is it wrong to want Dedra Meero to succeed?

12. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I am 100% team Dedra.
    We might feel different after she'll visit Cassian's mother though.

MercenaryAce and rumblewagon like this.
  13. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Take a drink every time Dedra makes a distinctly British facial expression and you'll be pretty buzzed by the end of the episode.[face_party]

DarthKreVass, Riv_Shiel and 3sm1r like this.
  14. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    One of the best written SW characters I have seen in a long time! Her performance is bang on =D=

15. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Dedra: "You've filed five false inquiries."
    Syril: "Six, actually."
    Dedra: "I wasn't counting this morning."
    The look of contempt on her face like 'don't dare try to out-detail, out-minutia me sir' is so good. Then when Syril is trying to provide details of what he remembers of Luthen, the look of disgust and impatience Dedra has at realizing that she is not getting anything relevant.
    I could watch her and Syril ad nauseum. I really hope they end of working together in some capacity.

16. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    @rumblewagon
    agreed. And then when he says he hasn't read the report, and so he's of no further use at the moment, she simply leaves the room. No explanation needed haha

Bor Mullet and rumblewagon like this.
  17. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    No, I think Syril did well there, I mean he stands his ground. I still wonder why she wants to keep him out of it, my suspicion is that she needs to be in control of this investigation to steer it ...

I have my suspicions about her.

rumblewagon, Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  18. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Dedra is a really a fantastic character in my view, and Denise Gough´s acting is most certainly on par with it. There is not much to indicate us that she is kinder or "softer" than any ISB high ranking officer, yet we feel like little victories when she surpasses the likes of Blevin and gets to be heard by Yularen and Paratagaz. Besides her charisma, I think it comes from the fact that she is obviously highly capable and intelligent, yet she restrained by the very system she is upholding. One gets the feeling that it wasn't easy for her to get where she is, so hoping for her to get the recognition and authority to fulfill her potential is very understandable, even if it goes against our main characters goals. Great dynamics really, and Syril coming into the picture can really add new depths to all of this. Very exciting indeed.

19. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    My guess that it is going to be a parallel - Syril will once again break the rules, but this time will be able to obtain vital information and Dedra will acknowledge him as a reliable investigator (like Partagaz did in her case after she found evidences).

rumblewagon and Siphonophore like this.
  20. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    There is something in the acting that is deeply convincing. I can't point my finger on what precisely. It feels like she is completely immersed into the character.
    She is doing an amazing job.

Slater, coervus, Ithorians and 7 others like this.
  21. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    She also was not a "direct" antagonist, but rather a protagonist of her own subplot, until the last part of episode 8. Now Dedra probably will show her more ruthless side, but she also may stay rather pragmatic.

Ithorians and rumblewagon like this.
  22. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I may have forgotten but I don't think we've seen anything of Dedra outside her job. We have with all the characters .

23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes.
    She's next level. I am convinced she is a method actor, but I don't know. In any event, she's an absolute phenomenon.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    Ithorians, rumblewagon and 3sm1r like this.
  24. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Probably, but so far she arrested only Paak and Bix, and they, well, are black market dealers, not the most innocent people.

rumblewagon likes this.
  25. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    ^ [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

MercenaryAce likes this.