main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Dedra Meero

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by 3sm1r, Sep 29, 2022.

1. beetzello

beetzello Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 17, 2002
    How ruthless is Dedra? Perhaps out of necessity, she could end up killing Syril Karn. What follows is some mindless speculation.

By the end of Season 1, after Dedra fails to reel in Cassian from the mom-bait on Ferrix, she becomes so determined to get ahead that she is resigned to recruit Syril for her next move. Being with him makes her feel gross and abused, but it would not be beneath her to have a plan that ultimately destroys Syril so long as she believes she can still achieve her own personal goals during the process.

Syril is perfectly placed for Season 2 to be used by Dedra because he is so incompetent, blind, and socially inept, in no small part from his mom's mistreatment, and thus, is unable to comprehend Dedra's true motives. She recognizes him for the tool that he is, both literally and figuratively.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This. And it’s why, IMO, the next scene after Syril’s creep move is of her assistant…showing independent initiative (sending Gorst without her approval).

Dedra’s assistant: Competent, ambitious and with questionable loyalty

Syril: Committed to her mission and completely and hopelessly loyal

Syril has set himself up as a potentially very useful tool.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yes I think that's the beauty of not letting us hear the sound. Our imagination can create the most horrifying versions.

I said my imagination for some reason went to just horrible screech, but screech that is both hard on ears and recognizably agonizing. Like imagine that Acklay being tortured and what sound it would then make. Nazgul Scream is another good example, I didn't even remember that sound effect(been while I watched LOTR), it's very close to what my imagination created. Or like Acklays and nazguls being tortured together, similar sound but with actual pain in the sound... horrible. My imagination is pretty wild I guess...

Another option I could think of is like a whale song, but very sad whale song of whale in pain with very low frequency sad moans. That is terrifying too. This idea reminds me of how some imagine dinosaurs may have sounded like. I was rather impressed by this recreation on Youtube:
    Not really directly related, but reminded me of this. Pretty interesting stuff, totally imaginative, but based on reality. Some modern birds like cassowary are used there as basis for those recreations.
    Low frequencies like that created for Tyrannosaurus there give goosebumps and are used in some horror flicks too to create atmosphere. How sounds affect us is very interesting.

It really is horrible how Empire is not only guilty of such genocide, but even utilizes sounds of such genocide to torture for more people. It really is as evil system as you can get. Really nazi stuff there.

That may be it, how their story unfolds. Seems to me that Syril is somewhat unaware of the evil Empire represents while Dedra is aware and yet has learned to use these evil methods herself for her own goals.

She still seems to have some humanity left IMO which is seen as her somewhat merciful reaction to Syril, but sure she has gone to the deep end what comes to her reaction to any enemy of the Empire. If she eventually uses Syril as mere tool to sacrifice that is sign of her losing her last bit of humanity she may have left.

She already is fascist through and through. No respect for her enemies at all, she murders and tortures them at will. She is down to the path to become like Yularen, Tarkin, Vader and eventually Palpatine. Yet I still would say she isn't on that level yet, but she has crossed the line to the dark side ages ago.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  4. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I’m still not entirely sure what Dedra’s thoughts towards Syril truly are?

it could go in a number of different ways.

5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. I think she’s not sure either.

6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Well they make more sense together than Rey and Kylo Ren and THAT happened so it's possible Dedra and Syril will get together. The last scene of the finale will be Karn going out to get greenie green Peezos and Regnog for Dedra.

Sarge and rumblewagon like this.
  7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I see Dedra as more of a reddie red Peezos type.... Or maybe goldie gold Peezos....
    Syril will probably get the bluie blue ones for himself....

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You know what they say about the green ones. [face_shame_on_you]

9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I thought she was obviously conflicted. Creeped out, and yet seen and appreciated. And her threats about what she could/would do to him were SO flirty. :)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Definitely some possible S&M in their future.

By that I mean subterfuge and missions, of course.

11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I thought you meant Sith & Mandalorians.

Siphonophore and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    A trip to Scarif and Mimban, perhaps?

With Stormtroopers and Moffs?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  13. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    I wonder if Dedra could have some degree of success in her attempts to expose Axis. This could lead to a promotion to work alongside Yularen on the Empire’s special project.

:deathstar:

…Dedra go boom.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Deadra.

15. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Squigglies & Mysiemynocks, haye?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I honestly thought the town was going to murder her by a thousand stabs there

LedReader, Bor Mullet, B3 and 3 others like this.
  17. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    I think Disney XD should push for a Syril/Dedra spin-off

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Truly the Padme/Anakin for the new generation. Accept this time we don’t know who the Padme or Anakin is. And they both suck

19. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    For some odd reason, part of me is rooting for Dedra again...
    I was truly scared that she would be torn apart by the mob, beaten, stabbed, maybe dragged through the town (yes, I realize Disney+ wouldn't go full medieval).
    I was so relieved when Syril got her to safety! I'm so CONFLICTED!
    But she is a very well written character and superbly acted by Denise Gough. Very much looking forward to where her character goes in Season 2.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  20. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I think for once Syril might have found has found someone who values him.

21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It was essentially a crazy little thing called fascist love.

I mean, it must have been fascist love.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  22. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    But it's (definitely not) over now.....

23. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I never thought I’d say this, but go for it show.

I kind of want to see what bizarre, toxic, but probably weirdly compelling relationship the two space fascists might have.

24. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I wonder tho if Syril might not be appalled at the depths Dedra is prepared to sink to.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Padme and Anakin also sucked.

*runs away*

3sm1r likes this.