main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Deep Into a Darkness Peering - ROTS AU, Updated 12/19 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ginchy Actually, I hated seeing it end too. But it was time. :)

Lea-El Things work out. [face_whistling]

Diamond_Revelation Every now and then I LIKE a happy ending! :p

VA_Parky Thank YOU for your kind words. [:D]

naadi So glad you've liked it! :)

rocketscientist Thank you! ;)

JediMasterRev One last post to go, and here it is. :_|

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT We'll see. [face_mischief]

randomangel22 But that is another story! [face_laugh]

FitJedi Wow! You made my day with that comment. [face_blush]

Jedi_Maeyane This is the last post, but I'll PM you! :D

star_writer24 Thanks for reading!

Darth_Mongoulus I'm so glad you liked it! :)

BrightFeather Me too! :_|

Kelli_LB The wait is over. :p

Darth_Marrs Thank YOU for reading it!

HandmaidenVeme I [face_love] my boys!

Gina Thank you! [:D]

Nienna_Narmolanya Their conversation was my favorite thing to write, too! :p

Layren Wow thanks! Here's a cookie! :D

indigrl WELCOME! And thank you. I'll be sure to PM you.

LadyLunas Glad you liked it!

Darth-Buddy Every now and then I do write a happy ending. :D

Jaira Thank you!

cdmcc Well I can't create death and mayhem in EVERY story! [face_mischief]

Flipside82 Thank you! :D

[i]Posting this on my grandmother?s birthday? Nana, you?ve been gone almost 25 years now, but I still remember. Thank you for showing me the way.[/i]

[b]Chapter 47: Life Ever Changing [/b]

Anakin laughed as Luke ran ahead, chasing after his sister. The busy streets of Coruscant were their playground now, and they had taken to their new lives with an ease and grace that still surprised him at times. He glanced at his side, and then toward Padmé?s hand resting on the crook of his arm. Her face was glowing with happiness and he felt his own contentment well up in response.

They had a good life here and the future stretched out before them with great promise. ?Look at them,? Padmé said, shaking her head. ?They?re worse than kitlings chasing after a ball of yarn!? She shielded her eyes from the glare of the sun as it shone through the valleys created by endless rows of towering buildings.

?They?ve got a lot of pent-up energy,? he reminded her. They had just returned from a trip to Tatooine and the long journey had made the twins restless. ?Besides, they?ve [i]never[/i] been exactly quiet.? He winked at his wife and she laughed in response.

?No, I don?t suppose they have,? she agreed. She sighed happily and leaned her head on his arm. ?They?re growing up so fast,? Padmé murmured.

?I know,? Anakin replied, and there was a note of nostalgia in his voice. It would not be too long and the twins would be living their own lives, far from their mother and father. Where had more almost fourteen years gone? It seemed that they had been babies just a few weeks ago, and now here they were, right on the verge of adulthood. He had blinked and they had grown up. The thought made him feel old suddenly.

Padmé, sensing his mood, stopped and turned him so that she could place a gentle kiss on his cheek, standing on her toes to do so. ?You?re not old, you know,? she whispered teasingly. ?You?re absolutely?perfect.? Her smile would have melted durasteel and Anakin felt his sadness drift away in response.

?You always know what to say,? he said quietly. They began following their children once more. One did not allow young, rambunctious Skywalkers out of your sight for too long or disaster would result ? it was a lesson they had both learned quite well over the years.

In the handful of years since young Cliegg had been returned to his grateful parents, many changes had come about for both the Skywalker and Lars families. The Skywalkers now lived on Coruscant, having sold their farm to Owen Lars nearly three years ago. At first, Anakin had

2. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    ?It?s been my pleasure, my love.? She laughed up at him and then they began once more to follow their children. Ahead of them, they heard the twins? laughter, glanced at each other and smiled. Light shone ahead of them, shining between two towers, beckoning them onward.

The Skywalkers followed.

That was a wonderful ending to such a great fic. Anakin becoming a flight instructor seems like it would be a great place for him. He's among the Jedi, but not officially part of it. I'm glad Padmé could help in causes again, it seems right for her.

Excellent work, I'm so happy I found this!

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    =D=

Terrific ending! I've enjoyed this story very much! :D

4. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh, what a wonderful ending to one of my all-time favorite stories! Bravo!

*standing ovation*

When I left the theater after my first viewing of RotS, I decided to turn to the fan fiction world to find a story just like this one. (You know, to take some of the sting out of the ending of the A/P story. :() Well, it took some digging, but I was thrilled when I found Deep Into a Darkness Peering - it was the exact premise I was looking for. And goodness knows, you delivered the happy ending I wanted and then some.

Thank you for writing one of the best stories I have ever read - novels included. This is a masterpiece I shall be reading again and again.

Congratulations!

5. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Ah! Yes I love your stories. For all your Vaderish wickedness there is a soft heart hiding underneath. I suspect that has a lot to do with your Nana. Mine comes from my Grany.

I love the Skywalker family you created full of hope and potential. This was a beautiful story and well worth the wait.

Good work
    =D==D==D==D==D=

6. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    A beautiful ending to a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing this with us.

7. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    ?I know,? Anakin replied, and there was a note of nostalgia in his voice. It would not be too long and the twins would be living their own lives, far from their mother and father. Where had more almost fourteen years gone? It seemed that they had been babies just a few weeks ago, and now here they were, right on the verge of adulthood. He had blinked and they had grown up. The thought made him feel old suddenly.

:_| I know just how he feels! My own baby is going to turn 11 in just one month!

Oh, Happy Birthday Gran! @};-

?It?s been my pleasure, my love.? She laughed up at him and then they began once more to follow their children. They heard the twins? laughter, glanced at each other and smiled. Light shone ahead of them, shining between two towers, beckoning them onward.

:D And thank you!

8. Will_Kenobi

Will_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2006
    This was a great ending to a great story=D= Very nice job all the way through=D= =D=

9. naadi

naadi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2005
    That was beautiful,I loved reading this fic,and i hope they will be many more to read (sequels??)Thank you for a beautiful story,which was fantastically written!!!!!!=D= [face_love] [face_peace]

10. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    That was a really great ending. This is how it should have been in the movies.

11. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    OMG that was a beautiful ending VaderLVR64 :_| =D=!!

I loved this story and love how Padme's working for the betterment of the homeless and slaves it seems fitting along with Anakin working as a flight instructor [face_dancing]!!

Excellent job once again =D=!!

12. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

?Thank you,? he whispered in her ear.

?It?s been my pleasure, my love.? She laughed up at him and then they began once more to follow their children. They heard the twins? laughter, glanced at each other and smiled. Light shone ahead of them, shining between two towers, beckoning them onward.

The Skywalkers followed.

Awwwwwwwww [face_love]

What a perfect ending to this wonderful story. I have truly enjoyed every word of it and I can now say I have read an Anakin/Padme story all the way through to it's completion, and enjoyed it immensely :D =D= I think that idea of Obi-Wan and Luke needs to be expanded :p I want to see more of that!

13. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    I hate to see this wonderful story come to an end but you captured the moment so very well I was overwhelmed. Great job and I look forward to more of your fics in the future.

14. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I'm in tears right now - seriously. That was... :_| :_| I can't put into words how perfect that ending was. I don't feel just the closure of another story coming to an end; it's deeper somehow. Like I actually left my room, lived 14 years with the Skywalkers, and am now set gently back onto my chair. I know, it makes no sense, but that's what it feels like. :)

Anakin was a husband and father first, a flight instructor second ? and that was the way it should be. He was no longer defined by his career, but by his family, just as he wished.

I LOVED this line. This was the line that finally brought closure to the man that is Anakin. Whatever else happens, it doesn't matter because he's finally achieved his deepest, most precious dream.

=D= :_| =D= That was amazing, VaderLVR! I'm so glad I came along for the ride. And thank you for writing it. ;)

15. ImperialRemnant

ImperialRemnant Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 2006

You finished.....

Wonderful Ending=D=

16. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    ?I?m thinking about how lucky I am,? Anakin answered honestly. ?It could have all been so different?? He shuddered slightly, remembering his visions from years ago. How terrible to think that he had come so close to such a bitter, lonely existence.
    Congrats Mama Vader you redeemed Anakin for us the way it should have been. Bueatiful story. thank you!=D=

17. DarkAnakinfan

DarkAnakinfan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    I have to admit I have been lurking. My apologies. I have thoroughly enjoyed this story. How wonderful. This is how it should have been for Anakin and Padme. You've put a nice smile on my face!

18. DarthSilious

DarthSilious Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2006
    What a superb story. =D=

I've just read the entire thing from start to finish tonight. The only thing I'm sorry about is that it came to a finish. :_|

I just wanted it to go on and on! ;)

19. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    [:D]And Anakin is finally at peace. Beautiful job!=D=

Thanks for letting me tag along on your wonderful journey, Mama Vader. It was a great one!

20. indigrl

indigrl Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2006
    What a wonderful ending for such an amazing story. =D= I only wish I had found it sooner.
    Hoping you have a safe and wonderful Holiday.

21. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Sending great big hugs your way[:D] !!!!! A perfect ending to a beautiful story=D= =D=

Thank you for bringing us on this wonderful journey, I couldn't of asked for a better tour guide:)

22. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    =D=

Thanks for the wonderful story - a great, great fic Vadey.

23. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    Great ending to a great story :D

24. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    A perfect ending, K! Congratulations on finishing yet another masterpiece! [:D]

=D= =D= =D=

25. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Wow what a lovely ending! It was wonderful to see how good Padme was a reading Anakins mind - even without the force. I also loved the way you summed up the children's characters perfectly!

Was a fabulous end to a wonderful story!

Thanks so much for all the work you put into this VaderLVR64!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.