main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Deep Into a Darkness Peering - ROTS AU, Updated 12/19 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronFlygirl

RogueSquadronFlygirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    *decides to stop lurking*

Hiya, VaderLVR64!
    I love this story and I'm already anxious for another update! :D
    I usually don't go for the whole "redeemed Anakin" thing, but your story is so artfully and realistically done that I love it anyway! Keep up the good work!

'Flygirl

2. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    I can't help but think Anakin looks a lot like Qui-Gon right now.....

3. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    I was wondering... have I mentioned that this story moves me???, it's so deep in some ways and sooo cute in others :), the way they have become a beautiful family and the way they now know each other is just great!!
    I would love to see Anakin's look!! a pirate?? cool :), can't wait for Ani seeing Obi-wan again, and well... I do hope Padme is going to be ok.
    Thanks for this story, be well and take care.

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    yesterday's chapter - very good

I hope Padmé doesn't die. :_|

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    sethsky I can picture him! ;)

Anakins-girl
    Thank you!

Gina He'd look good in a beard, don't you think?

Alethia But I don't think he can wrap his mind around the possibility of losing Padme.

AP4EVER And there is more of Obi in this chapter. Hope you like it.

LadyZ Yes, he'd be gorgeous! =P~

Starshine Anakin in a beard seems to grab interest. o_O

ANAKINSBABY Yeah, I like that image, too!

Ani_dala A reunion, if it happens, is far away. :(

RogueSquadronFlygirl
    Thank you! [face_blush] I'm always flattered when someone leaves their usual genre to give one of my stories a try!

Arcalian Yep, just a bit! :)

Erin_21 I'm thrilled that you like it, and I hope you'll like what's coming. [face_whistling]

Jedi_Liz I hope so, too. But I'm making no promises. [face_shhh]

[b]Chapter 5: The Chosen One[/b]

Obi-Wan stifled a sigh of weary impatience as he stood at the side of the new Chancellor. He liked Bail Organa, but every moment he spent here took away time he might be using looking for his lost Padawan.

Anakin was out there somewhere and Obi-Wan meant to find him.

At the moment,though, the Republic needed him and every other Jedi. The Republic was in an upheaval and it would take time and patience to heal the terrible wounds inflicted by the evil of one man. For now, Obi-Wan must look to the needs of the Republic he had sworn to protect. Soon, however, he would have fulfilled his obligation for the moment and he would search.

He would look for Anakin Skywalker and he would find him. He would never give up, not until the day he became one with the Force. Thoughts of finding Anakin occupied his mind while he attended the mind-numbingly boring duty of standing guard.

Chancellor Organa turned to Obi-Wan and gave him a tired smile. ?I am sorry this is taking so long, Master Jedi.?

Feeling a bit guilty for his earlier pre-occupation, Obi-Wan bowed graciously. ?My Lord Chancellor, I understand how important your tasks are at this critical juncture.?

The Chancellor sighed and rubbed his eyes. ?I am grateful for the support and guidance of the Jedi, but I hardly think a guard is necessary.?

?Until we can ascertain exactly how deep and widespread the corruption in the senate goes, Master Yoda wanted to make sure that you are well protected, Chancellor. The last thing the Republic needs is another upheaval,? he said.

?I stand corrected,? Organa said.

Obi-Wan flushed lightly. ?Soon the new security clearance procedures for the Chancellor?s guards will be complete and you will be protected by your own forces.?

?I?m sure the Jedi have much more important things to do,? Bail noted.

?Nothing is more important than guarding the Republic,? Obi-Wan returned.

?Would you care for some refreshments, Master Kenobi??

?That is quite all right, Chancellor.?

?I am about to order some stim tea and a light meal for myself. But I will feel rather self-conscious eating while you do not.?

A smile tugged at the Jedi?s mouth. ?Very well then, Chancellor Organa, it would be churlish of me to refuse under those circumstances.?

?Indeed it would,? Bail replied.

Soon the two men were enjoying a simple meal. The Chancellor had insisted that Obi-Wan join him at the small table, though he was initially reluctant to do so.

Organa had just finished eating and was folding his napkin when he met Obi-Wan?s gaze. ?I never expressed my sympathies over the loss of your friend, Anakin Skywalker.?

Without hesitation, Obi-Wan said quietly. ?Anakin is not dead.?

Clearing his throat, Bail was obviously discomfited. ?Uh, yes, I?understand that,? he said. ?I just meant that?with his?disappearance??

?I will find him,? Obi-Wan replied firmly.

Bail looked at his face and then nodded. ?I?m quite sure that you will.? He glanced down at his hands. ?Young Skywalker saved the Republic, didn?t he??

?He saved much more than this government, of

6. sethsky

sethsky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    nice chappie, i'm a little bit concerned with the next chapter's title.
    to my last breath???

can't wait for more

seeya

7. jedi_master326

jedi_master326 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    Wow, I'm glad I discovered this fanfic! Very good! I liked how Obi-Wan and Bail were talking about what would happen if someone with Anakin's power fell into league with Palpatine. I love subtle irony like that.

I went back and read the whole thing, and something hit me. If Anakin is truely good, then he won't choke Padme, and she won't die in childbirth. So, there's the potential to keep this thing going as long as you want with Luke and Leia! Keep up the good work!

8. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    1st post [face_dancing] 1st post !! great update.the last line by obi was so beatiful(in a friendly way of course).keep up the good job.

9. jedi_master326

May 12, 2005
    What do you mean, first post? You've got, like, third! o_O

10. RogueSquadronFlygirl

RogueSquadronFlygirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Chancellor Organa! *squee!*:D
    Lovely choice, VaderLVR64! Way't pick the right man for the job!
    Poor Obi-Wan! :( I can't wait to see how this one turnes out!

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ack! I got so far behind! [face_blush] Told you there were a few that got lost in the hussle of catching up. I'm juz glad I finally found it once again! [face_dancing]

Oh wow... this has definitely taken an awesome turn! Bail is Chancellor and Anakin and Padme have hidden themselves away!

Poor Obi :( perhaps soon you'll be able to find Anakin again. I'm juz glad he believes in Anakin. Can't wait for that!

Awesome job Mama Vader!! :D

12. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    The Chancellor?s mouth dropped open a bit. ?By the gods! It would have been a disaster.?

?Oh it would have been much worse than a disaster, Chancellor Organa,? the Jedi answered solemnly.

Needless to say, I concur with Obi-Wan. 'Disaster' would be an understatment as to what could've happened. I don't think even the word 'catastrophe' could fully define such an event.

Great post, LVR! I look forward to reading the next one!:D

13. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    This was so boring in some level and so amazing in another!! I don't care much about Bail, but the chat they had was amazing!!! and this particular part

AARRRRGHHHHHHH I just love it!!!, I always found myself happy when you update and this is not the exception, and I can't wait for more!! is like having a lot of delicious dark bitter chocolate waiting and just getting small pieces!! [face_batting] if you get my meaning!, thanks!! [:D] , be well and take care.

14. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Lovely post VaderLVR64!! I found myself quite touched by Obi-wan in this chapter...now if only he could tell Anakin what he just said to Bail! I hope he finds him soon!

I find the title of Ch.6 a bit ....ah, lets say alarming.."To my last breath". Whose last breath?!?!?! You know that's worse than a cliffie....it's teasing![face_devil]

More soon please!!

15. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Bail is Chancellor! :)

Lovely update. I can't wait for Obi-Wan to start looking for Anakin.

16. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Wow. I missed a couple of updates, but I'm caught up now and I'm really loving this. Padme's insistence that Anakin take care of the twins and talk to Obi-Wan if she dies...excellent. Anakin's fear is so tangible but seems to be under control which is amazing. I do hope Obi-Wan gets to find him soon though, it's not fair that they can't work through things when as far as Obi's concerned (so it seems) Anakin's done what needed to be done (well, except helping Palps kill Mace...)

Excellent fic, absolutely excellent!

17. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Fantastic story so far! I love it. I'm glad Snakin made the right decision this time.

Are Anakin and Padme still on Tatooine? :confused: Or did I miss something? If they are how did they find a river near their house?
    Meh, probably me missing something...

Edit: Has no one noticed that Padme is missing yet? Even though she was leaving her post as Senator surely someone on Naboo would notice she never returned home.

18. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I love that last part. I also like the way you wrote Bail.

19. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Gar! That was too short! And now we have to wait another week...

You're evil, Kim. :p

20. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    The word regarding the Palpy-Ani alliance is one of my dad's favorites. Doom.

Well, for a good 20 years or so anyway.

I don't know why the possibility of Padme dying is still so "forward" I mean, after all, Padme's death in movie continuity was caused by Anakin's actions against her and a "broken heart", neither of which apply here.

Obi-Wan may forgive his apprentice, probably Yoda too. But I wonder about the rest of the Council...

21. jedi_master326

May 12, 2005
    Hmm...I'd think that Yoda would be one of the last to forgive him, IMO.[face_thinking]

22. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    wow wow wow... very interesting fic. i just love the part with obi-wan. anakin centered and focused is so compelling. update soon!

23. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    Wonderful story, I love everyone's reactions, they feel very true. Although I thought that when Ani turned up missing that Obi-wan would head on over to Padme's. That seems to be where he always goes to look for Ani.

24. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Well, we know that, but Anakin does not know yet that his action of turning is what would have caused the prophecy to come true. So, chalk it up to dramatic irony right now...

Edit: So...does anyone think they can doctor up a picture in photoshop to give us a look at Anakin with a beard?

25. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Excellent chapter, K. :D I loved the conversation between Bail and Obi-Wan, especially when Obi-Wan discusses how horrible things would have been if Anakin had joined league with the Chancellor. ;) Somewhat concerned about the title for the next chapter. [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.